By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Out for The Last of US 2 Ultra Massive story and ending Video leaked on Internet by former ND employee on Internet. Don't trust anything when it come TLOU2 words and letter on Internet

Tagged games:

sales2099 said:
DeusXmachina said:

It's a word used by right wing people when something doesn't cater specifically to them or reminds them that minorities exist.

See also SJW, don't put politics in muh vidyagames!!1!1 etc

Don’t confuse right wing with alt right. Just like I don’t group up all left wingers with Antifa. 

Just want to say that I’m not opposed to minorities or gay people in video games. The woke label in video games merely means shoehorning in a left wing idealized view of the world into a story. Which many times the story and characters change to conform and the message only appeals to one political spectrum (instead of just being a politically neutral story that has universal appeal). Hence that’s why woke games are so divided and come across as preachy.

For the record I don’t consider LOU 1 as a woke game. 

I also see nothing woke in TLOU1. Amazing story and its one of my favorite games ever. For videogame websites, media, developers etc unfortunately there is only one side of the spectrum and it is to the left. Actually far left. The discussion about women in battlefield 5 for me was the final proof. No matter how much you try to explain, you always end up with the bigot and nazi namecalling. The "only one" challenge made by Sofia Warniyz a few weeks ago exemplifies it very well. But let me get out of here and this is not a political discussion.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
sales2099 said:

Don’t confuse right wing with alt right. Just like I don’t group up all left wingers with Antifa. 

Just want to say that I’m not opposed to minorities or gay people in video games. The woke label in video games merely means shoehorning in a idealized view of the world into a story. Which many times warps the message to only appeal to one political spectrum (instead of just being a politically neutral story that has universal appeal). Hence that’s why woke games are so divided and come across as preachy. 

How do you separate what is shoehorned in and what isn't? I for example usually prefer to play as female characters for aesthetic reasons.
And how do you know if it sacrificed anything from the story if you're not the writer? Will a story inherently suffer even if I do include a gay character to appease to certain crowds?
Is Chris Hemsworth at the center of the Thor movie poster not appeasing to certain crowds?

There's a saying that no story is free from political bias.
If you catch a killer, then you're virtue signaling that killing is wrong, etc.

Let me remind everyone that we had the same kind of 'woke/sjw' complaints just from the first TLOU2 trailer where Elly kissed another girl.
Some people can and will take any opportunity they can to inject this discussion into the entertainment section for the 500th time, after complaining about not wanting politics in their entertainment, and then go home to play FF7 where you fight a mega corporation from draining the planet of its lifeforce.

A lot of people here don't want to see this "left vs right" mudslinging going nowhere for the 500th time. They just want to discuss the game.
So we shouldn't force them to endure it. That's why I've said, if you want to discuss politics, do it in the politics section.

I hope this is the last time I have to explain anything on the matter in this thread.

Hey I get it. It’s all complicated and it’s very hard to create something neutral. Just had to throw in that as a conservative myself, I don’t like other people passing negative judgement because they can’t tell the difference between right and alt right. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Jranation said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Seeing that many people are cancelling the game because they didn't like the way the story will move forward, I wonder if some people may consider the leak a good thing. After all, isn't it better to get the bad news early and save yourself money and time than paying and playing a game you won't like in the end?

Well the game gets praised for its story and not the gameplay. Like it would be a different case if BOTW got its story leaked. 

TLOU hasn't been praised for it's gameplay? Could you expand on this statement please? I can't remember what the consensus was among critics, but I have a feeling I could find praise for the gameplay if I were to meander over to an aggregate review site and look at coverage of either the original or remaster.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

If you wanna discus the spoilers use the correct thread

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bandorr said:
I see everyone talking about people "cancelling their pre orders" but I have a simple question.
What makes you believe they would have ever actually ordered it?

This is the same level of faux outrage that came out when they showed ellie kissing a girl two years ago (I think that's right).

I'd guess not even 1 out of 10 of these "preordered cancelled" actually ever ordered the game in the first place.

Also @Hiku you're doing great work - keep it up.

Well, it's the long awaited sequel of The Last of Us, one of the most lauded games of both last and this generation, selling over 7m copies on PS3 and over 12m on PS4. There are a lot of people waiting for the continuation of the story. If many consider it's not worth playing it, that is going to make an impact on preorders.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Well, it's the long awaited sequel of The Last of Us, one of the most lauded games of both last and this generation, selling over 7m copies on PS3 and over 12m on PS4. There are a lot of people waiting for the continuation of the story. If many consider it's not worth playing it, that is going to make an impact on preorders.

That didn't answer my question. I'm not asking who pre-ordered it. I'm asking

Who saw the trailer two years, kept their pre order (or made one) but is finding the "spoiler" so bad that they are NOW cancelling it.

All the rage induced political reasons to cancel this - already cancelled it two years ago when they saw two girls kissing.

Yet you think many will spoil themselves, get so angry at the ending - and cancel their orders even after knowing the game involves two girls kissing?

That's a reach. That's a reach that I'm not sure even Mr Fantastic could make.

Many people preorder on a whim, especially nowadays when companies push them to do so as soon as possible. I'm just talking about general preorder behaviour. I can't comment on the spoilers since not only I haven't read them (so I don't know the extent of the politization or agenda of the game), I have not even played the original, thus I would have no idea who is who even if I did.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

COKTOE said:
Jranation said:

Well the game gets praised for its story and not the gameplay. Like it would be a different case if BOTW got its story leaked. 

TLOU hasn't been praised for it's gameplay? Could you expand on this statement please? I can't remember what the consensus was among critics, but I have a feeling I could find praise for the gameplay if I were to meander over to an aggregate review site and look at coverage of either the original or remaster.

I haven't seen any praise for it's gameplay to be honest. That doesn't mean it's bad but it's just okay. Unlike it's story gameplay didn't actually try anything new. It was a standard cover shooter, some stealth and a bit of crafting which pretty must describes most AAA games these times.

Again, gameplay wasn't bad. It was just kind of generic.

i quote Mr druckman

“When you make a game, you have these different pillars that you're trying to balance. It's graphics, it's gameplay, it's story and you're trying not to let any one pillar overwhelm the other. You're trying to just keep all of this stuff in your mind like, how does it all work together? Recently, I realized that there's this other pillar of diversity. That's just as important as any one of these other pillars. I've kind of empowered people on the team that have made this their top priority, one of which is someone I have to give a lot of credit to, is Ashley Swidowski, our lead concept character artist, which in film terms would be our costume designer. She is constantly challenging me and pushing for diversity in our cast. Can this be a person of color? Can this be a woman? I see myself as a pretty progressive person and yet my default is a white, straight, christian male. That's interesting because I'm Jewish and yet that's the norm for me right now. It's a challenge and it requires energy to deviate from that. Therefore it's important to empower people on the team that are going to push for this pillar.”

The part where he talks about being a straight white christian by default, why does he have an issue with it? is the default straight white christian male not a good person , or something to be ashamed of? seeing yourself as jewish makes you a better person? or does he have a different meaning behind it.Maybe he doesn't like christians, who probably make up the majority of the games fanbase, and they are most likely straight, and white. Maybe he is is part of the lgbt movement and has it for them.

KratosLives said:
i quote Mr druckman

“When you make a game, you have these different pillars that you're trying to balance. It's graphics, it's gameplay, it's story and you're trying not to let any one pillar overwhelm the other. You're trying to just keep all of this stuff in your mind like, how does it all work together? Recently, I realized that there's this other pillar of diversity. That's just as important as any one of these other pillars. I've kind of empowered people on the team that have made this their top priority, one of which is someone I have to give a lot of credit to, is Ashley Swidowski, our lead concept character artist, which in film terms would be our costume designer. She is constantly challenging me and pushing for diversity in our cast. Can this be a person of color? Can this be a woman? I see myself as a pretty progressive person and yet my default is a white, straight, christian male. That's interesting because I'm Jewish and yet that's the norm for me right now. It's a challenge and it requires energy to deviate from that. Therefore it's important to empower people on the team that are going to push for this pillar.”

The part where he talks about being a straight white christian by default, why does he have an issue with it? is the default straight white christian male not a good person , or something to be ashamed of? seeing yourself as jewish makes you a better person? or does he have a different meaning behind it.Maybe he doesn't like christians, who probably make up the majority of the games fanbase, and they are most likely straight, and white. Maybe he is is part of the lgbt movement and has it for them.

This is a real quote from him? I'd like to see the source on that, if you don't mind.

The idea that diversity is as important to a game as graphics, gameplay, and story is completely laughable.

https://www.scpr.org/programs/the-frame/2016/07/13/50456/a-peek-into-naughty-dog-game-creator-neil-druckman/