Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Out for The Last of US 2 Ultra Massive story and ending Video leaked on Internet by former ND employee on Internet. Don't trust anything when it come TLOU2 words and letter on Internet

Tagged games:

KratosLives said:
I read they upset alot of the christian team designers, other left, due to anti christian themes and went to far, but when questioned on certain uncomfortable scenes , they were told to shut up about it or labelled "homophobic" .

Read my comment above.

That comes from a very unreliable source, with a history of articles like this, who just happened to post this article yesterday after details of the plot leaked.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Seeing that many people are cancelling the game because they didn't like the way the story will move forward, I wonder if some people may consider the leak a good thing. After all, isn't it better to get the bad news early and save yourself money and time than paying and playing a game you won't like in the end?

That’s really interesting because it brings up the idea of why we play. I’m sure the gameplay is world class. Since it’s a narrative driven game does the story carry equal or more weight then the actual gameplay? Guess everyone is different but I’m curious where people stand. 

When it's a story driven game that people have gotten invested in beforehand (as is the case with sequels), then obviously people will feel strongly about where the story takes the characters they've grown attached to.

The Last of Woke: Part Broke. I predict it will have a high review rating from the left media while player rating will be low.

📢📢

Don't post in here just to score political points.

If your comment is based on spoiler knowledge (which we already told you guys not to do), then no one else can engage in the discussion unless they read the same spoilers.
If it's based on an external source like an article, then you can make a thread in the politics section about it.

Hiku said:

📢📢

If your comment is based on spoiler knowledge (which we already told you guys not to do), then no one else can engage in the discussion unless they read the same spoilers.
If it's based on an external source like an article, then you can make a thread in the politics section about it.

There is not a single spoiler in this thread just people saying it looks bad. Saying something is good or bad don't spoil anything to others who haven't seen it. It is just an opinion/impression that doesn't tell anything besides one's opinion on how good or bad they fell it looks.

If we reached an era when the words 'good' and 'bad' are now spoilers then we are way past the Twilight Zone.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 28 April 2020

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Seeing that many people are cancelling the game because they didn't like the way the story will move forward, I wonder if some people may consider the leak a good thing. After all, isn't it better to get the bad news early and save yourself money and time than paying and playing a game you won't like in the end?

Well the game gets praised for its story and not the gameplay. Like it would be a different case if BOTW got its story leaked. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

CuCabeludo said:
Hiku said:

📢📢

There is not a single spoiler in this thread just people saying it looks bad. Saying something is good or bad don't spoil anything to others who haven't seen it.

That's not because one says something looks bad or good the other who haven't seen it got spoiled. It is just an opinion/impression that doesn't tell anything besides one's opinion on how good or bad they fell it looks.

If we reached an era when the words 'good' and 'bad' are now spoilers then we are way past the Twilight Zone.

Actually there was a gigantic spoiler in here (accidentally?), even though they didn't specify any details.
If that was an accident, it's an example of the common problem where people don't realize they can give away a lot by saying very little.

In another case, a comment that also didn't go into detail made me think about and expect something very specific, when combined with other comments I've read, the people that made those comments, and because there are very few things I can think of that are 'worse' than another specific thing.
An example of how your expectations can be steered in a specific direction, by piecing together things you've heard elsewhere, or ruling out possibilities, etc.
Even if it turns out to be incorrect, the thought may now bother me throughout the entire game, until I can confirm it.

Generally, saying you think something is good or bad shouldn't spoil the experience for someone.
But some people have expressed to us that they do not for example want to hear that an ending is terrible, and asked us to deal with it. Because it can change their expectations and enjoyment while playing.

For example, some hours into the game you may encounter a situation that makes you remember reading that comment. And you realize that this must be what people were talking about, because few other things so far could invoke those type of reactions. So now you may expect your favorite character to die, when normally may not have noticed the signs.
Or if the comment you read comes from people who have a history of complaining about let's say vegans, you'll expect a character to be vegan. And now you're thinking about things you normally wouldn't/shouldn't, etc.

But while vague comments may not always lead to problems like this, the reason it's better to draw the line at no discussion based on spoilers whatsoever, is because it covers all bases, including comments from those with poor judgement.
And this is not a spoiler discussion thread anyway.

Last edited by Hiku - on 28 April 2020

sales2099 said:

Sounds like ND is becoming far left woke. Which ironically aren’t tolerant of differing opinions. The idea you can’t internally have a dialogue about the game without putting your career at risk and being called a bigot must be hard. I guarantee that can take its toll more then crunch hours because let’s be honest, they knew that when they entered the field. When you a woke developer your games story is either love or hate. There is no in between. 

Agree. This is a very interesting description of what is going on. At the end of the day, it just shows how far left/sjw/woke ideals cannot coexist with free speech. It must always be together with censorship.

- User was warned for ignoring OP guidelines.

Birimbau said:
The Last of Woke: Part Broke. I predict it will have a high review rating from the left media while player rating will be low.

I predict 98 on metacritic. Because, of course, if you dont give it a 10 you are racist.

Just saw the leaks. Looks like I saved myself 60 bucks. To the surprise of no one, Neil's story writing involves shoving his woke agenda.