By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think it is one of the most overrated games I ever played. Sure it's beautiful but all you do is push the analog stick forward for an hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Journey is one giant chill fest. If you're not into that at all, then ya, you're going to hate it.

For me it was something different for a change and I enjoyed it. It's good for what it is, but not something I would replay or want more of for a while.

Not a popular opinion, but sure you can hate a game =]
Still if you can't pass one portion it isn't because there is nothing you can't do, you just don't know what you need to do, check a walkthough.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

kirby007 said:

now i know you shouldn't piss a gifted horse in the face.
but i died no matter the actions i took, how the fuck is that a journey, why would i replay it if its the same damn ending

Yeah, I bought the game when it originally launched and did not understand the hype at all.

I don't hate it, I don't think it sucks, I just didn't feel anything from playing it. I almost felt like I should replay it because clearly I must have missed something.

It reviewed incredibly well too, kinda makes me chuckle. I am clearly out of touch. I didn't care for Limbo either, but that at least felt like a game. Brothers on the other hand is a game I did very much enjoy.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

For those that like Journey. Try Abzu. Some former Journey staff and it's awesome. It's single-player Journey

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Loved Journey. It's also the only game to have its soundtrack nominated for a Grammy.

Mr Puggsly said:
kirby007 said:

now i know you shouldn't piss a gifted horse in the face.
but i died no matter the actions i took, how the fuck is that a journey, why would i replay it if its the same damn ending

Yeah, I bought the game when it originally launched and did not understand the hype at all.

I don't hate it, I don't think it sucks, I just didn't feel anything from playing it. I almost felt like I should replay it because clearly I must have missed something.

It reviewed incredibly well too, kinda makes me chuckle. I am clearly out of touch. I didn't care for Limbo either, but that at least felt like a game. Brothers on the other hand is a game I did very much enjoy.

Not unusual for a game or another that is highly regarded seem like overrated to us. Sometimes it just don't click or address our tastes.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Wow it took only 7? years to finally see people hating on Journey? lmao

I believe Journey is the single most overrated game of all time, and it's not even that it's bad, it's good for what it is - a small and short and simple indie format game where you go from point A to point B for 3 hours and mostly just walk. But some people claiming that it's the best game of the decade, and I have even seen the best game they ever played? Complete utter nonsense. The only explanation I can come up with is that Journey was released at the peak time of Call of Duty and some people's senses had been atrophied.

I played Journey on release and felt like I was robbed of my 15 bucks lol I believe if Journey was multi platform, it wouldn't had been so highly rated.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:

Wow it took only 7? years to finally see people hating on Journey? lmao

I believe Journey is the single most overrated game of all time, and it's not even that it's bad, it's good for what it is - a small and short and simple indie format game where you go from point A to point B for 3 hours and mostly just walk. But some people claiming that it's the best game of the decade, and I have even seen the best game they ever played? Complete utter nonsense. The only explanation I can come up with is that Journey was released at the peak time of Call of Duty and some people's senses had been atrophied. 

It obviously just comes down to preference. 

I'd nominate Bioshock as being the most overrated. Possibly GTA IV. 

Journey is one of my favourites. The soundtrack is absolutely incredible and was perfectly synced with the beautiful visuals. The movements were satisfying and I liked how it was open to interpretation. Its just a very unique game. 

Its only something I would play through once or twice though, similarly to how you can watch a movie and really enjoy it, but you know you will never watch it again. Its kind of a once off experience. 

Dallinor said:

The soundtrack is absolutely incredible and was perfectly synced with the beautiful visuals.

I don't know, I have been listening to instrumental/ambient/chillout music for many years, so Journey's music was nothing special to me. I agree that it was well synced, but as standalone music? I wouldn't give it any awards.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.