By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
m0ney said:
Dallinor said:

The soundtrack is absolutely incredible and was perfectly synced with the beautiful visuals.

I don't know, I have been listening to instrumental/ambient/chillout music for many years, so Journey's music was nothing special to me. I agree that it was well synced, but as standalone music? I wouldn't give it any awards.

Again probably just a question of taste, the music won multiple awards, the ost has 7 million views on YouTube. Apotheosis is my favourite.

I think the music was perfect for the type of game, but now that I think more about it, it was actually shocking that an indie game had such a good ost.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Not a popular opinion, but sure you can hate a game =]
Still if you can't pass one portion it isn't because there is nothing you can't do, you just don't know what you need to do, check a walkthough.

Not sure what you are talking about, i finished it in recordtime, but still died

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Flower > Journey

Man, I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen someone mention Journey since like... 2014?

It’s a pretty looking game I guess... lol.

Last edited by Ultrashroomz - on 18 April 2020

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Played it awhile back, its okay but I never saw what others saw in it. I didn't even like the music and that was even praised. But it is what it is.

Around the Network

Journey is probably the most overated game ever, so much praise and the game is dull, short, bland and repetitive, I actually paid for it a few years back. I preferred flower over it.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Journey really is overrated. Uncharted Collection is good though.

Uncharted collection is much better than good, I can't believe its free, I'm surprised how well uncharted 1 holds up in graphics and gameplay today. Not nearly as many jaggies as other remasters such as sleeping dogs or bioshock.

Dallinor said:
m0ney said:

Wow it took only 7? years to finally see people hating on Journey? lmao

I believe Journey is the single most overrated game of all time, and it's not even that it's bad, it's good for what it is - a small and short and simple indie format game where you go from point A to point B for 3 hours and mostly just walk. But some people claiming that it's the best game of the decade, and I have even seen the best game they ever played? Complete utter nonsense. The only explanation I can come up with is that Journey was released at the peak time of Call of Duty and some people's senses had been atrophied. 

It obviously just comes down to preference. 

I'd nominate Bioshock as being the most overrated. Possibly GTA IV. 

Journey is one of my favourites. The soundtrack is absolutely incredible and was perfectly synced with the beautiful visuals. The movements were satisfying and I liked how it was open to interpretation. Its just a very unique game. 

Its only something I would play through once or twice though, similarly to how you can watch a movie and really enjoy it, but you know you will never watch it again. Its kind of a once off experience. 

You can't possibly think journey is better than gta4 or bioshock, thats just crazy. Those games are much more open, have much better mechanics, varied gameplay, s much better story, not to mention longevity, voice acting, writing, etc all you do in journey is walk forward for 2 hours and thats it. 

Journey can't be compared to big AAA games, in no way shape or form. Journey is at best a 10dollar indie game, even tough I'd never pay that much for it.

I played it years ago in the PS3, finished it but didn't like it tbh.

Liked it and it's pretty chill but not immensely fun.