By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

Snoopy said:
gergroy said:

I sure hope not, he has been the worst president of my lifetime imo. I still don’t think he gets the rust belt back, which should give Biden the win, it just may not be the statement win that needs to happen to get the Republican Party to do the deep retrospective that they desperately need.

Nope, the one thing you new to understand is the SILENT MAJORITY. They do exist and these polls from CNN are heavily skewed for Democrats. Imagine how many people out there are scared to say they are voting for Trump or pretend to vote for Biden so they won't get attacked.

Why in the world would anybody lie in an anonymous poll?  What is the rational for that other than wishful thinking?  Also, the polls that weight for political affiliation rather than demographics are a lot less accurate and trump actually does worse in those polls.  

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Snoopy said:

Nope, the one thing you new to understand is the SILENT MAJORITY. They do exist and these polls from CNN are heavily skewed for Democrats. Imagine how many people out there are scared to say they are voting for Trump or pretend to vote for Biden so they won't get attacked.

Why in the world would anybody lie in an anonymous poll?  What is the rational for that other than wishful thinking?  Also, the polls that weight for political affiliation rather than demographics are a lot less accurate and trump actually does worse in those polls.  

Why in the world would anybody lie in an anonymous poll? Haha you actually believe people won't lie especially being a somewhat small sample size? All of our basic information is out there so why wouldn't your vote? Also, just the THOUGHT of your vote being leaked out to everyone might cause people to lie so they won't be labeled a racist or a bigot. Sad times we live in, but CNN and the rest of the fake news media don't care.

Not to mention liberal bias when these polls take place. Source: 2016 election

Snoopy said:
gergroy said:

Why in the world would anybody lie in an anonymous poll? Haha you actually believe people won't lie especially being a somewhat small sample size? All of our basic information is out there so why wouldn't your vote? Also, just the THOUGHT of your vote being leaked out to everyone might cause people to lie so they won't be labeled a racist or a bigot. Sad times we live in, but CNN and the rest of the fake news media don't care.

I am not sure why you would want Trump to win anyway? He's world famous for shocking incompetence.

The polls averaged at 3% lead for Democrats in the popular vote, Democrats won by 2.1%. That's well within the margin of error.

And calling every source that disagrees with you "fake news" is a fake argument.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Snoopy said:

I am not sure why you would want Trump to win anyway? He's world famous for shocking incompetence.

The polls averaged at 3% lead for Democrats in the popular vote, Democrats won by 2.1%. That's well within the margin of error.

And calling every source that disagrees with you "fake news" is a fake argument.

Just the main liberal ones like CNN are fake news. Democrats are literally letting all these protestors kill and hurt people in their cities. Not to mention it seems everyone with common sense eventually leave liberal areas because of their failed policies. Just look at California, New York and Chicago.

To think Don and Bill were having Twitter fight over this just last week. Bad timing for Bill based on recent events.

Poor Don. Hopefully this doesn't impact him too harshly. Losing a brother has got to be tough, especially at an extra stressful time like this for him.

Glad to see Dems, like Biden and Harris, sending thoughts and prayers to the President. One nation, under God. What a class act.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Jumpin said:

Just the main liberal ones like CNN are fake news. Democrats are literally letting all these protestors kill and hurt people in their cities. Not to mention it seems everyone with common sense eventually leave liberal areas because of their failed policies. Just look at California, New York and Chicago.

So you're saying all of CNN's stories are fakes?

Taking a look at the top headlines on the World section of the site:
Tens of thousands gather in Minsk to protest, as Lukashenko holds rival demonstration - I can confirm this story is not fake.

Read the full statement by the US, Israel and UAE on normalizing Israel-UAE relations- This one isn't faked either.

Somali forces kill attackers to end siege at popular Mogadishu hotel- This one also isn't fake.

And in US Political News:

CNN Poll: Biden and Trump matchup tightens as enthusiasm hits new high- Are you saying this is made up? Because you literally just agreed with it a few posts back.

Joe Biden offers condolences to Donald Trump after his brother Robert Trump's death - Are you claiming they're lying about this occurring? That they faked this?

Additionally, who is the President of the country New York, California, and Chicago are in? Do you have any evidence that Biden will be worse for these places than Trump has been?

Also, it seems, generally speaking, that the US Democratic Party supporting states tend to be better than those that generally support Republicans. Here are stats:

CRIME - https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/01/13/most-dangerous-states-in-america-violent-crime-murder-rate/40968963/  -- All three locations you mentioned are lower than the average state for crime, with Republican states having the majority of crime issues.

ECONOMY - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_and_territories_of_the_United_States_by_GDP (New York has the top economy aside from DC California has the 5th highest, Illinois has the 12th highest, again, largely Republican states at the bottom).

HAPPINESS - https://wallethub.com/edu/happiest-states/6959/ - Again, California, New York, and Illinois all above average - California coming in close to first scoring 64 points (Hawaii is 1st at 66 points). Once again, the bottom ranks of the list are heavily Republican states.

Nothing you've said adds up, even your red herring about the so-called "Liberal" states doesn't look to be accurate.

Also, I didn't know this but apparently, according to Wikipedia "Fox News (officially Fox News Channel, abbreviated FNC and commonly known as Fox) is an American multinational conservative[2][3] cable news television channel. It is owned by Fox News Media, which itself is owned by the Fox Corporation. The channel broadcasts primarily from studios at 1211 Avenue of the Americas in New York City."

If New York City is such a terrible "Liberal" dystopia that no one with common sense wants to live in, why is the main right wing news network, Fox News, located there?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

gergroy said:
Polls appear to be tightening... sadly...😒

Really? Source? Im curious to read it as I always though the marxist cultural revolution attempt would backfire.

Also, if there is a tv debate, when will it happen? When does it usually happen?

Snoopy said:
gergroy said:

this is 100% true and progressives will never understand it because it does not impact them.

I know people that work for some of those huge tech companies that refuse to talk about any of their political views close to co workers and even friends, and on purpose follow liberal people or blm on instagram so they are not bullied at work. Some of themnwere even worried that they had almost no black people in their frieds list and started to add a few.

The fear is real

gergroy said:
Snoopy said:

I don't think lying is a big factor, but some people might be shy to tell the interviewer their choices. But a much bigger factor is who demographically the interviewers get on the phone. They may apply some statistical magic to correct for that, but all that stuff builds upon assumptions. So 538 has in it's pollster rating a house effect, meaning how much the polls of that firm tend to skew towards one of the camps (last column).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

EnricoPallazzo said:
gergroy said:
Polls appear to be tightening... sadly...😒

Really? Source? Im curious to read it as I always though the marxist cultural revolution attempt would backfire.

Also, if there is a tv debate, when will it happen? When does it usually happen?

Biden managed to reach a 10 point lead in late June, but is now back to an 8 point lead.

However, the reason is a couple polls where Trump got over 43% of the votes, not Biden polling lower - who is consistently between 49% and 50% in his polling averages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election