By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

EricHiggin said:
KLXVER said:

So what will the democrats call this new country if Biden wins? Russia and China are taken btw.

How about New Zealand?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/asia/new-zealand-ardern-election-delay-coronavirus/index.html

Ah crap. That's taken too, by recently praised leadership that's now dealing with covid again and delaying the election because of it. Good there's a standout P.M/President who's doing it right by setting a proper example.

Not sure what the worry is with mail voting.  Utah has had all mail voting for years, we haven’t had any issues.  Mail voting is perfectly safe and secure.  

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
KLXVER said:

It already has in several democrat run cities. The mob rules now.

Considering the democrats have run the country over the last century with:

* Obama. 2009-2017.
* Bill Clinton. 1992-1996.
* Jimmy Carter. 1977-1981.
* Lyndon Johnson. 1963-1969.
* John F. Kennedy. 1961-1963.
* Harry Truman. 1945-1953.
* Franklin Roservelt.1933-1945.
* Woodrow Wilson. 1913-1921

That is decades worth of democrats being in power... And democracy is still alive in the United States.

I think we can throw your assertion out the window at this point, historic precedence absolutely refutes your assertion.
But you know... Facts and stuff.

EricHiggin said:

How about New Zealand?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/asia/new-zealand-ardern-election-delay-coronavirus/index.html

Ah crap. That's taken too, by recently praised leadership that's now dealing with covid again and delaying the election because of it. Good there's a standout P.M/President who's doing it right by setting a proper example.

New Zealand has done a really good job in handling COVID. At-least they don't have millions of people dead.

Why are you going back in time? Sure the democratic party was fine years ago. We are talking about right now. The radical left has taken over and some places in America are looking more like third world countries at the moment. Its sad. 

You can blame Trump for everything Covid related if you feel thats fair.

gergroy said:
EricHiggin said:

How about New Zealand?

Not sure what the worry is with mail voting.  Utah has had all mail voting for years, we haven’t had any issues.  Mail voting is perfectly safe and secure.  

Just wear a mask. Isnt that what we are told?

Pemalite said:
EricHiggin said:

How about New Zealand?

New Zealand has done a really good job in handling COVID. At-least they don't have millions of people dead.

Trump could learn a thing or two from Jacinda Ardern, who I based my leadership diploma around, she actually isn't selfish and has empathy for other people unlike Trump who is all about Trump.

So she does a great job but now has a relatively small outbreak again and delays the election, solely her choice, which is more than acceptable leadership, but America, who's outbreak has been terrible and still is, should push Trump to do whatever is necessary to vote on the scheduled date?

So, like, if Trump had done as good of a job as Arden, but had a small outbreak now, then it would be cool for him to delay the election as well?

Forgive me for highly doubting that.

KLXVER said:
gergroy said:

Wearing a mask can help, but it by no means prevents the spread of the virus.  Don’t even get me started on schools opening right now. Nobody should have to risk their health just to vote when there is a safe and secure alternative.  We haven’t even been able to vote in person here in Utah like I said, we have been all mail.  No issues.  

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
gergroy said:

And avoid crowds....like you might find at your local polling place on election day. 

Torillian said:
KLXVER said:

And avoid crowds....like you might find at your local polling place on election day. 

..or in the protests that are perfectly fine.

KLXVER said:
Torillian said:

Feel free to look up the percentage of the country that's been out protesting vs. the percentage of the country that will be out voting. I'll wait. I'd do it myself but god damn if it isn't tiresome to have to look up shit for every fallacious comparison. 

gergroy said:
KLXVER said:

Wearing a mask can help, but it by no means prevents the spread of the virus.  Don’t even get me started on schools opening right now. Nobody should have to risk their health just to vote when there is a safe and secure alternative.  We haven’t even been able to vote in person here in Utah like I said, we have been all mail.  No issues.  

Fair enough. Would you be fine if republicans took control over all mail in voting?

Torillian said:
KLXVER said:

Feel free to look up the percentage of the country that's been out protesting vs. the percentage of the country that will be out voting. I'll wait. I'd do it myself but god damn if it isn't tiresome to have to look up shit for every fallacious comparison. 

Well show me. I would love to see the percentage that are out protesting.