By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

KLXVER said:
gergroy said:

Have you tried fraudulently voting by mail?  It isn’t easy, there is a reason why it isn’t a big issue...

Have you? I mean you seem to know.

I have voted by mail a lot.  I have had to verify my vote once because my signature was slightly off from the one they had on record.  Other than that I am pretty informed on the process that goes into it.  It’s pretty secure.

Even on a normal election, Almost half the votes across the country are done by mail.  Trumps opposition to it feels like suppression rather then genuine concern.  If almost half the country generally votes by mail without fraud, why is it all the sudden a danger?

Around the Network
gergroy said:
KLXVER said:

I have voted by mail a lot.  I have had to verify my vote once because my signature was slightly off from the one they had on record.  Other than that I am pretty informed on the process that goes into it.  It’s pretty secure.

Even on a normal election, Almost half the votes across the country are done by mail.  Trumps opposition to it feels like suppression rather then genuine concern.  If almost half the country generally votes by mail without fraud, why is it all the sudden a danger?

Where was the widespread concern for Trump prior to 2016? Where was it for Weinstein or Epstein or Ellen until more recently?

Things change, new knowledge comes to light, and it has to be taken into account.

Mind you, blowing things way out of proportion is the norm nowadays.

Maybe concerns will rise over that in time as well.

gergroy said:
KLXVER said:

Then how come we hear so much about voter fraud? From dead relatives to cats voting. 100 voting slips in 1 mail box. Weeks delay.  It just seems like a mess. You cant do that at the polls.

EricHiggin said:
gergroy said:

Where was the widespread concern for Trump prior to 2016? Where was it for Weinstein or Epstein or Ellen until more recently?

Things change, new knowledge comes to light, and it has to be taken into account.

The problem is things came to light about Weinstein and Epstein, nothing has come to light about voter fraud.  That’s why trump keeps getting fact checked non stop about it.  It’s rather tiring...

gergroy said:
EricHiggin said:

The problem is things came to light about Weinstein and Epstein, nothing has come to light about voter fraud.  That’s why trump keeps getting fact checked non stop about it.  It’s rather tiring...

Maybe not when it comes to the msm. They never 'accidentally' leave out important news though..

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
gergroy said:

Then how come we hear so much about voter fraud? From dead relatives to cats voting. 100 voting slips in 1 mail box. Weeks delay.  It just seems like a mess. You cant do that at the polls.

Except non of that crap is true.  There are always dead people that vote by mail.  Do you know why?  They are alive, they put their vote in the mail, but before Election Day they die.  Their votes get tossed (although personally I kinda think they should still be valid), but that stat always gets thrown out there.  It isn’t fraud, it is life.  All that crap has been proving time and time again to be false which is why trump (and his supporters) keep getting fact checked about it.

EricHiggin said:
gergroy said:

Maybe not when it comes to the msm. They never 'accidentally' leave out important news though..

Attack the main stream media all you want, but I’ll take them over the conspiracy wing media any day.

EricHiggin said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah and thats the problem. The democrats also really, really, really wants Trump gone. They have tried many different methods. Racism, sexism, Russia, stealing mail boxes, Covid etc. Whats a little voter fraud here and there?

I have no idea what points these videos are trying to make. There's no real description of what's in them or what's important, which is against forum rules, and will probably lead to a thread ban.

gergroy said:
KLXVER said:

Except non of that crap is true.  There are always dead people that vote by mail.  Do you know why?  They are alive, they put their vote in the mail, but before Election Day they die.  Their votes get tossed (although personally I kinda think they should still be valid), but that stat always gets thrown out there.  It isn’t fraud, it is life.  All that crap has been proving time and time again to be false which is why trump (and his supporters) keep getting fact checked about it.

Well if it is as safe and secure as you say, then fair enough. As long as people who want to go and vote can do it, I guess we have to live with it. Its kinda hard to argue against it in these Covid days, but I still think it will be a mess.  

JWeinCom said:
EricHiggin said:

I have no idea what points these videos are trying to make. There's no real description of what's in them or what's important, which is against forum rules, and will probably lead to a thread ban.

That things will get bad before they get better. That the person in charge will sometime have to be the "bad guy".

I mean thats what I got out of it anyway.