By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

Torillian said:
KLXVER said:

..or in the protests that are perfectly fine.

Feel free to look up the percentage of the country that's been out protesting vs. the percentage of the country that will be out voting. I'll wait. I'd do it myself but god damn if it isn't tiresome to have to look up shit for every fallacious comparison. 

Just protest the opposition candidates while in line. Problem solved.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
gergroy said:

Wearing a mask can help, but it by no means prevents the spread of the virus.  Don’t even get me started on schools opening right now. Nobody should have to risk their health just to vote when there is a safe and secure alternative.  We haven’t even been able to vote in person here in Utah like I said, we have been all mail.  No issues.  

Fair enough. Would you be fine if republicans took control over all mail in voting?

Dude, I live in Utah, they are in charge of mail in voting here.  Why the crap would it matter?  Both parties are involved in the counting process.  Also, FYI, I’m not a democrat, I just really really really dislike the job trump has done.  So turning it against liberals or democrats means squat to me.  I just want trump gone.

gergroy said:
KLXVER said:

Fair enough. Would you be fine if republicans took control over all mail in voting?

Dude, I live in Utah, they are in charge of mail in voting here.  Why the crap would it matter?  Both parties are involved in the counting process.  Also, FYI, I’m not a democrat, I just really really really dislike the job trump has done.  So turning it against liberals or democrats means squat to me.  I just want trump gone.

Yeah and thats the problem. The democrats also really, really, really wants Trump gone. They have tried many different methods. Racism, sexism, Russia, stealing mail boxes, Covid etc. Whats a little voter fraud here and there?

KLXVER said:
Torillian said:

Feel free to look up the percentage of the country that's been out protesting vs. the percentage of the country that will be out voting. I'll wait. I'd do it myself but god damn if it isn't tiresome to have to look up shit for every fallacious comparison. 

Well show me. I would love to see the percentage that are out protesting.

I'll go the easier route. 125 million people voted in the 2016 election. Now about 40% of those either voted early, by absentee ballots, or by mail. That makes 75 million people going to the polls that day. Do you think even a million people are out protesting right now because I'm going to guess that the number is nowhere close to that 75 million. 

Edit: Found the estimate and I'll admit it's way higher than I expected with 15m to 25m. Now I still think a single day where you force 75m people to go to a an in-door polling place in their community is far stupider than "allowing" protests outside, but I'll admit that was more people than I had guessed. 

And again, this is a ridiculous comparison because I and most are not advocating for there to only be mail in voting, I'm advocating for as many people as possible to have the option. You would still have the option to show people your huge nuts by going out to poll in person and licking every doorknob you cross.  

Last edited by Torillian - on 17 August 2020

KLXVER said:
gergroy said:

Yeah and thats the problem. The democrats also really, really, really wants Trump gone. They have tried many different methods. Racism, sexism, Russia, stealing mail boxes, Covid etc. Whats a little voter fraud here and there?

Have you tried fraudulently voting by mail?  It isn’t easy, there is a reason why it isn’t a big issue...

Around the Network
gergroy said:
KLXVER said:

Have you tried fraudulently voting by mail?  It isn’t easy, there is a reason why it isn’t a big issue...

Have you? I mean you seem to know.

For the two other people that genuinely like Democrats, the convention is pretty great so far.

Moren said:
For the two other people that genuinely like Democrats, the convention is pretty great so far.

Ouch! lol

KLXVER said:
Moren said:

Ouch! lol

To be fair, should have said "besides me".

KLXVER said:
gergroy said: