By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

gergroy said:
EricHiggin said:

Maybe not when it comes to the msm. They never 'accidentally' leave out important news though..

Attack the main stream media all you want, but I’ll take them over the conspiracy wing media any day.

I wonder how much damage he did in those 3 years that wouldn't have happened otherwise?

JWeinCom said:
EricHiggin said:

I have no idea what points these videos are trying to make. There's no real description of what's in them or what's important, which is against forum rules, and will probably lead to a thread ban.

Couldn't have saw that possibly coming.

You explained it partially yourself.

People can't see what's best for them down the road even if it's staring them in the face. 

The like I got means someone understood it clearly. No different than the last person who understood what I was saying that led to a ban.

How does anyone get away with only posting pics in the picture thread btw?

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
gergroy said:

Attack the main stream media all you want, but I’ll take them over the conspiracy wing media any day.

I wonder how much damage he did in those 3 years that wouldn't have happened otherwise?

JWeinCom said:

I have no idea what points these videos are trying to make. There's no real description of what's in them or what's important, which is against forum rules, and will probably lead to a thread ban.

People can't see what's best for them down the road even if it's staring them in the face. 

The like I got means someone understood it clearly. No different than the last person who understood what I was saying that led to a ban.

No, the like you meant means that someone liked the post. Maybe they like Batman. Maybe they interpreted it as something completely different than what you meant and liked that. Maybe they just also thought it didn't make sense and they like nonsense. Who knows.

I'm not sure what picture thread you're talking about, but if a thread is made specifically to share pictures, then yes that's fine. If there is a good reason to be flexible, we can be flexible. If you think picture threads should be banned, then bring it up to CGI I guess.

In any event, I'm not getting into a conversation about it here. If more posts like that are made, they'll be brought up in mod chat. If the mod team agrees with my assessment, than action will be taken which make include a thread ban for some length of time.

JWeinCom said:
EricHiggin said:

No, the like you meant means that someone liked the post. Maybe they like Batman. Maybe they interpreted it as something completely different than what you meant and liked that. Maybe they just also thought it didn't make sense and they like nonsense. Who knows.

I'm not sure what picture thread you're talking about, but if a thread is made specifically to share pictures, then yes that's fine. If there is a good reason to be flexible, we can be flexible. If you think picture threads should be banned, then bring it up to CGI I guess.

In any event, I'm not getting into a conversation about it here. If more posts like that are made, they'll be brought up in mod chat. If the mod team agrees with my assessment, than action will be taken which make include a thread ban for some length of time.

KLXVER said:
JWeinCom said:

That things will get bad before they get better. That the person in charge will sometime have to be the "bad guy".

I mean thats what I got out of it anyway.

The point about the pic thread, is that you're supposed to post another pic associated with the prior pic. If someone doesn't understand what the prior pic is about without any written detail, how are they supposed to post? The fact is people don't need a written explanation, or the one's who do, aren't being able to post, yet nobody cares. This of course probably seems silly, because it is, but falls in line with explaining something that could potentially be misinterpreted or not understood at all through a pic or clip. A clip at least had much more to it then a pic does. I don't want that thread banned, I'm just pointing out the rules don't cover everything equally in all scenario's, which is why I don't see the problem with my clip post. 

So if the like came from the individual I was replying to, especially if they explained their understanding, would that be acceptable?

It would be one thing if this was directed towards someone disagreeing with me, as if to confuse or troll them perhaps, but since we were in agreement, I don't see the major concern.

Though I should then ask, how detailed an explanation does a clip or pic require exactly, since this clip covered many things, some direct, some indirect, that all applied, though weren't exactly necessary to make the point.

And just to be crystal clear, since that's what the problem is here apparently, when you say, "more posts like that", you mean a post with just a pic or clip, that's not in a specific pic or clip thread, correct? I could be wrong.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 17 August 2020

EricHiggin said:
JWeinCom said:

KLXVER said:

That things will get bad before they get better. That the person in charge will sometime have to be the "bad guy".

I mean thats what I got out of it anyway.

The point about the pic thread, is that you're supposed to post another pic associated with the prior pic. If someone doesn't understand what the prior pic is about without any written detail, how are they supposed to post? The fact is people don't need a written explanation, or the one's who do, aren't being able to post, yet nobody cares. This of course probably seems silly, because it is, but falls in line with explaining something that could potentially be misinterpreted or not understood at all through a pic or clip. A clip at least had much more to it then a pic does. I don't want that thread banned, I'm just pointing out the rules don't cover everything equally in all scenario's, which is why I don't see the problem with my clip post. 

So if the like came from the individual I was replying to, especially if they explained their understanding, would that be acceptable?

It would be one thing if this was directed towards someone disagreeing with me, as if to confuse or troll them perhaps, but since we were in agreement, I don't see the major concern.

Though I should then ask, how detailed an explanation does a clip or pic require exactly, since this clip covered many things, some direct, some indirect, that all applied, though weren't exactly necessary to make the point.

And just to be crystal clear, since that's what the problem is here apparently, when you say, "more posts like that", you mean a post with just a pic or clip, that's not in a specific pic or clip thread, correct? I could be wrong.

I'm not going to derail this thread any further, so I'll respond in PM.

KLXVER said:
Pemalite said:

Considering the democrats have run the country over the last century with:

* Obama. 2009-2017.
* Bill Clinton. 1992-1996.
* Jimmy Carter. 1977-1981.
* Lyndon Johnson. 1963-1969.
* John F. Kennedy. 1961-1963.
* Harry Truman. 1945-1953.
* Franklin Roservelt.1933-1945.
* Woodrow Wilson. 1913-1921

That is decades worth of democrats being in power... And democracy is still alive in the United States.

I think we can throw your assertion out the window at this point, historic precedence absolutely refutes your assertion.
But you know... Facts and stuff.

New Zealand has done a really good job in handling COVID. At-least they don't have millions of people dead.

Why are you going back in time? Sure the democratic party was fine years ago. We are talking about right now. The radical left has taken over and some places in America are looking more like third world countries at the moment. Its sad. 

You can blame Trump for everything Covid related if you feel thats fair.

What about the radical right? Both sides are as bad as each other. Let's be honest here.
The further left or right you go, the more they are the same.

Either way, the Democratic party is *not* going to remove your Democratic rights anymore than the Republican party, there are no precedents of that occurring in American history en-masse, hence the list prior, it's just the slippery slope logical fallacy, meaning your argument is rendered absolutely false. - There is no guarantee that one event will result in another.

Sure you could point out small incidents where a political ideology has "taken over". - I mean, slavery was a thing propagated by the far right in American history at one point, pretty sure there was even a war about it. - Still not relevant to the individual sitting at top in 2020, they still have congress and the states to work around.

And yes, I can blame Trump for everything COVID related, he is the man in charge, he let the virus in and failed to take appropriate measures (and still failing) to curb it's spread.
Obviously other countries have done far better like Australia and New Zealand.

EricHiggin said:
Pemalite said:

New Zealand has done a really good job in handling COVID. At-least they don't have millions of people dead.

Trump could learn a thing or two from Jacinda Ardern, who I based my leadership diploma around, she actually isn't selfish and has empathy for other people unlike Trump who is all about Trump.

So she does a great job but now has a relatively small outbreak again and delays the election, solely her choice, which is more than acceptable leadership, but America, who's outbreak has been terrible and still is, should push Trump to do whatever is necessary to vote on the scheduled date?

So, like, if Trump had done as good of a job as Arden, but had a small outbreak now, then it would be cool for him to delay the election as well?

Forgive me for highly doubting that.

Delaying an election in order to save lives is not the same as cancelling an election to turn things into a dictatorship.

Yes, I would support Trump if he were to delay an election if it meant lives saved...
Remember, I am a first responder I protect life, life comes first. - If Trump wanted to delay the election to initiate lockdown measures, I would also support that, I would imagine there would be a political shit show in the USA if that were to happen though, but that's not relevant to what I personally believe or support.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Trump, I think he is a political joke and so was Hillary, he has been free comical entertainment that keeps on giving and I couldn't care if he was elected for another term, I'm not American, not my President so it actually doesn't have any bearing on me.

But I am critical of *anyone* who fails to protect life when they have the power and capacity to do so... And Trump has failed to protect lives. - Again, I am first responder, it's what I am, what I do.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
EricHiggin said:

So she does a great job but now has a relatively small outbreak again and delays the election, solely her choice, which is more than acceptable leadership, but America, who's outbreak has been terrible and still is, should push Trump to do whatever is necessary to vote on the scheduled date?

So, like, if Trump had done as good of a job as Arden, but had a small outbreak now, then it would be cool for him to delay the election as well?

Forgive me for highly doubting that.

Delaying an election in order to save lives is not the same as cancelling an election to turn things into a dictatorship.

Yes, I would support Trump if he were to delay an election if it meant lives saved...
Remember, I am a first responder I protect life, life comes first. - If Trump wanted to delay the election to initiate lockdown measures, I would also support that, I would imagine there would be a political shit show in the USA if that were to happen though, but that's not relevant to what I personally believe or support.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Trump, I think he is a political joke and so was Hillary, he has been free comical entertainment that keeps on giving and I couldn't care if he was elected for another term, I'm not American, not my President so it actually doesn't have any bearing on me.

But I am critical of *anyone* who fails to protect life when they have the power and capacity to do so... And Trump has failed to protect lives. - Again, I am first responder, it's what I am, what I do.

Pemalite said:

2:39

She says "cancel", though Trumps tweet says "delay". It's right in the clip.

Trump delaying the election would save lives. Just because he hasn't saved as many as you think he should have, all post lives don't matter as much?

You're also pushing a life saving narrative onto the worlds military superpower who is best known for being a highly efficient machine of death, and it's not always agreed upon that those deaths are always the bad guys or flat out legit.

Don't get me wrong. Trump ain't the perfect guy for the job, and I've never seen a leader who is, but all those who said they'd leave the country solely because of what he would do to it, are still there, even now. Makes you wonder how bad a job he's really doing.

EricHiggin said:
Pemalite said:

Pemalite said:

Trump delaying the election would save lives. Just because he hasn't saved as many as you think he should have, all post lives don't matter as much?

You're also pushing a life saving narrative onto the worlds military superpower who is best known for being a highly efficient machine of death, and it's not always agreed upon that those deaths are always the bad guys or flat out legit.

Don't get me wrong. Trump ain't the perfect guy for the job, and I've never seen a leader who is, but all those who said they'd leave the country solely because of what he would do to it, are still there, even now. Makes you wonder how bad a job he's really doing.

People just want things to go back to normal. Where they rely on China for everything. Companies can spy on you. Politicians can go back to lying without consequences and Hollywood can start touching people again.

Trump is ruining their good old way of life. 

KLXVER said:
EricHiggin said:

People just want things to go back to normal. Where they rely on China for everything. Companies can spy on you. Politicians can go back to lying without consequences and Hollywood can start touching people again.

0:00 - 1:00 or however far you wanna watch. Shouldn't take the full vid to get it.

Don't screw up the party. Aren't the Joker and the gangs working together with a Chinese businessman because China will protect him?

I'm more for Trump than against him, but I'm not also going to say he's the perfect politician. I would say he's what 'Gotham' needs right now and is the best they can do at the moment. Batman isn't perfect. A playboy billionaire, hangs with Russian models, and has a tower with his name on it in gold?

Everybody has flaws but that's just life, and it's about it being the best it can be, based on the circumstances.

EricHiggin said:

And? The clip is obviously satirical.

If you believe everything in it is gospel rather than have a laugh... Well...

EricHiggin said:

I don't know what you are trying to say here.

Are you suggesting Trump should make a concerted effort to save as many lives as possible or shouldn't?

EricHiggin said:

Military skirmishes are one thing, you are protecting your nations interests... In saying that, I would like more countries to start minding their own business and protect their interests at home rather than projecting their "influence" across the planet like China, Russia and the USA in Africa, Middle East and Asia, but that's a topic for another day, my own nation isn't innocent on this either.

Neglecting the implementation of some basic measures to curb the spread of a virus, thus resulting in a direct correlation of increased deaths is negligent, incompetent and downright disgusting... Having a Superpower status just means you got less of an excuse NOT to do the right thing.

EricHiggin said:

Not really relevant, I don't care if someone gets upset if someone they dislike gets elected, that's their problem, not mine.
Such statements come from both sides of the political divide anyway, meaning this point is ultimately redundant, little bit hypocritical if either side complains about this.

Trump has done *some* good and I will recognize that, being tougher on borders is a damn good thing, free-flow of people without the appropriate checks and balances is asking for trouble, more work still needs to be done on that front however, but it seems there is some positive movement on this front.

In saying that... It still doesn't make up for the blatant failure to take appropriate measures during the COVID mess, it's almost meme levels.

KLXVER said:

Isn't that hypocritical? People wanted change, which is why Trump got elected.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Best thing would be to postpone the elections but that would never be allowed because it would allow more time for the economy improve back and covid to disappear which would help trump.
As for mail voting, yeah I dont trust it at all but it is what it is. I just wonder if this wont cause a big delay in counting the votes.