By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Staring into the abyss of a world where Nintendo has no games scheduled for release. Edit: The Time of Darkness Has Arrived

That Indie Direct rumor was true, so the real Direct could happen next week. I'm sure we will see one big unannounced title in early summer and at least one big title for the holidays. I'm pretty relaxed, but also excited. Nintendo knows how to create eagerness, but we definitely also need some anticipation.

Around the Network
Paatar said:
curl-6 said:

Exactly, people treat the rumor of a general direct next week as though it's confirmed when the rumor-mongers also told us we'd get one in Feb.

We've been told "just be patient, it's coming soon" for months now, with nothing to show for it. You can't expect people to wait and suffer forever without losing patience.

Suffering eh? I really hope the coronavirus gives you some perspective on life ffs. This is not suffering—get a grip. 

This might be the poorest taste comment I've ever seen on this entire site, and that's saying something. 

Come on, the user has well documented their journey through cancer and is literally losing the ability to feel their legs. There can be different degrees of "suffering" and not everything is meant to be as literal as possible.  Stop being edgy. You KNOW what he means. 

curl-6 said:
Paatar said:

Suffering eh? I really hope the coronavirus gives you some perspective on life ffs. This is not suffering—get a grip. 

I have cancer, and I'm in a high risk bracket  of dying from corona due to both that and asthma. Don't patronize me. In times of extreme anxiety and constant mortal danger, the things that bring us relief and help us cope are of paramount importance, and being robbed of them is genuinely harmful.

Sounds like a personal problem with a victimized mindset. If that doesn’t give you perspective idk what will. Good luck.

edit: you make it more harmful by creating the idea like you are owed something. Yes, knowing news helps. However, under those conditions, the way you are dealing with it genuinely does not seem to be helping your mindset whatsoever.

I am not a medical professional, but In this context, the lack of news is only harmful if you make it harmful.

Edit 2: it is not Nintendo’s responsibility or fault for your happiness or well-being. Their decisions can certainly influence that, but at the end of the day you are responsible for those and that is why I criticized you as such. 

User was banned for this comment - Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 19 March 2020

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Paatar said:

This might be the poorest taste comment I've ever seen on this entire site, and that's saying something. 

Come on, the user has well documented their journey through cancer and is literally losing the ability to feel their legs. There can be different degrees of "suffering" and not everything is meant to be as literal as possible.  Stop being edgy. You KNOW what he means. 

1. It being documented does not mean I have followed up on nor does it mean I should be. 

2. yes, dealing with that sucks. I’m not saying it doesn’t matter. However, it is within my entire right to believe they’re being over dramatic with the take on lack of Nintendo news, suffering. 

3. in addition, everyone suffers and goes through their own shit. You having certain ailments/diseases does not make you immune to any type of criticism. I personally believe that their take is extremely out of perspective, weather or not there’s cancer involved, my opinion would be the exact same. 

Last edited by Paatar - on 19 March 2020

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

SpokenTruth said:

$300 per month would be about $1.88 per hour in wages if you worked a regular 40 hour work week. 

Something has to be much cheaper there.  A cheap,1 bedroom apartment here is over $1,000 per month. Some cities gets 2-3x that much.  $300 wouldn't even cover the electric bill in many places.

Electric, water and house rent are definitely far less expensive here. Indeed our houses are nowhere near as expensive as yours and low income families (let's say 60% of Brazilian population) have some state's help, like smaller water/electric bills if you live in poorer districts, and even some programs to aid housing purchase (dwelling is indeed a constitutional right in Brazil)

However, if we talk about private transport (i.e. cars), it's a luxury like... really. My father could only buy a car when he turned 40, I have no intentions to buy one anytime soon, otherwise I'm going to choose either have lunch or put fuel in the car lmao

Technology in general is crazy expensive here. An iPhone is around four times of the minimum wage, yes you didn't read it wrong I said FOUR TIMES

Not to talk about healthy care. Of course, we have a public healthy service and it's really save lives (already saved mine actually), but it's not really that good quality, so some us have to expend a very high money in health insurance

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Edit: oh and by the way, most of the people I know who are employed are currently going to work despite the virus pandemic going on. The government has only now started to consider allowing employers to leave their employees at home, at the cost of their wages, of course.

I'm baffled they even suggested this travesty of help. How are they expecting we to survive without our wages for 2 months? Have you seen the "help" they're going to give to freelance professionals? Only 200 R$. I went to supermarket today only to buy some groceries to survive my quarantine (I started home office today), and I expend more than it

NightlyPoe said:
Hey, check it out, it's midnight. We are officially in a world where we have no idea when the heck Nintendo's going to release anything.

And are you worried? Beside the fact that there will be a huge drought in Spring-Summer, they're inevitably going to bring the so desired games in the remainder months. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Yall just have to chill, and play Hollow Knight.

ARamdomGamer said:
Yall just have to chill, and play Hollow Knight.

What if we're not into Hollow Knight? Or Animal Crossing?

We are looking at a successful platform barely 3 years old that now has not a single significant game dated. That's unprecedented and frankly I feel it's just not good enough.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 March 2020

curl-6 said:
victor83fernandes said:

Don't worry, its only going to be much worse, when new consoles come, switch will have no more third party games, the power difference will be far too massive. Same as comparing a Gameboy against a ps2

This has nothing to do with third party games being ported. It's about Nintendo starving its fans of information about their first party release schedule.

Nothing new then, go check how it was with N64, gamecube, Wii, wiiU. 

I really do not understand how gamers can starve for games, I cant even keep up, I still have games from years ago to play, huge backlog, xbox, ps4, wiiU, switch, etc How come people manage to finish hundreds of games per year that they need more quick?

Unless someone only has a switch and nothing else, which I don't believe, no one is that dumb.

If next gen was cancelled, I would still have games for at least 3 or 4 years, and if I build a PC then I would have enough games for 10 years.