By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Staring into the abyss of a world where Nintendo has no games scheduled for release. Edit: The Time of Darkness Has Arrived

victor83fernandes said:
curl-6 said:

This has nothing to do with third party games being ported. It's about Nintendo starving its fans of information about their first party release schedule.

Nothing new then, go check how it was with N64, gamecube, Wii, wiiU. 

I really do not understand how gamers can starve for games, I cant even keep up, I still have games from years ago to play, huge backlog, xbox, ps4, wiiU, switch, etc How come people manage to finish hundreds of games per year that they need more quick?

I didn't follow gaming news in the Gamecube and N64 days, but with Wii and Wii U Nintendo were much better than this at communicating.

And I'm rather picky, I buy maybe 10 games a year.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 March 2020

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Paatar said:

Suffering eh? I really hope the coronavirus gives you some perspective on life ffs. This is not suffering—get a grip. 

I have cancer, and I'm in a high risk bracket of dying from corona due to both that and asthma. In times of extreme anxiety and constant mortal danger, the things that bring us relief and help us cope are of paramount importance, and being robbed of them is genuinely distressing.

Instead of stressing for new games, spend time with your family and friends, play some monopoly, poker, etc surely you don't want to waste your last possible last years on videogames? With no disrespect, I just think people have their priorities around.

I'm not going to have cancer or coronavirus for sure, but still I'm learning saxophone and guitar, gymn, swimming, and I'd never waste my time on videogames if I could play some board games or table tennis with my cousins and nephews. Gardening, play with the dogs, etc.

Maybe with age I gained perspective, I'm almost 37 but videogames are for when I am alone and want to chill. And because I am patient I get the games months after release when they cost less than half the price. Just got uncharted 4 the other day for 5dollars, still didn't have time to try it.

And even if there would be no games at all coming up, there's thousands upon thousands of videogames already available, so I don't understand the need for something new urgently. Some games take 100 hours to finish, not counting with online, to finish all the good games would take a lifetime if you had nothing else to do.

Last edited by victor83fernandes - on 20 March 2020

victor83fernandes said:
curl-6 said:

I have cancer, and I'm in a high risk bracket of dying from corona due to both that and asthma. In times of extreme anxiety and constant mortal danger, the things that bring us relief and help us cope are of paramount importance, and being robbed of them is genuinely distressing.

And when you are looking at the gates of death, you only care about videogames? C'mon, spend time with your family and friends, play some monopoly, poker, etc surely you don't want to waste your last years on videogames? With no disrespect, I just think people have their priorities around.

I'm not going to have cancer or coronavirus for sure, but still I'm learning saxophone and guitar, gymn, swimming, and I'd never waste my time on videogames if I could play some board games or table tennis with my cousins and nephews. Gardening, play with the dogs, etc.

Maybe with age I gained perspective, I'm almost 37 but videogames are for when I am alone and want to chill.

I don't only care about video games. But they are a passion of mine, something I enjoy greatly and which help relieve stress.

I am spending time with family and friends, or at least I was until I had to self-isolate; I need to avoid getting sick between now and my operation or it'll be postponed, which I can't afford.

When you're facing deadly danger, maintaining as much of a sense of normalcy as possible can keep you from losing your mind.

Anyway, I'd rather talk about games than death personally.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 March 2020

curl-6 said:
victor83fernandes said:

And when you are looking at the gates of death, you only care about videogames? C'mon, spend time with your family and friends, play some monopoly, poker, etc surely you don't want to waste your last years on videogames? With no disrespect, I just think people have their priorities around.

Maybe with age I gained perspective, I'm almost 37 but videogames are for when I am alone and want to chill.

I don't only care about video games. But they are a passion of mine, something I enjoy greatly and which help relieve stress.

I am spending time with family and friends, or at least I was until I had to self-isolate; I need to avoid getting sick between now and my operation or it'll be postponed, which I can't afford.

I'm sorry to have come a bit rude, and I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but you need to be positive, do not let yourself get down, it will affect the body and mind. Be happy with what we have. I hope you get better. Fight and you will overcome it.

Do not stress so much about coronavirus, unless you live in Italy there's no reason to stress, not even 0.1% of population have it. I see this around me and it boggles my mind, there's only 1 person infected on the island where I am, that person is well isolated, I have no reason to stress like I see some around me doing.

If you are in the USA its also not so much affected, not even 0.01% of the population.

Check the psn store there seems to be sales now on games, enjoy and good luck.

curl-6 said:
victor83fernandes said:

I really do not understand how gamers can starve for games, I cant even keep up, I still have games from years ago to play, huge backlog, xbox, ps4, wiiU, switch, etc How come people manage to finish hundreds of games per year that they need more quick?

I didn't follow gaming news in the Gamecube and N64 days, but with Wii and Wii U Nintendo were much better than this at communicating.

And I'm rather picky, I buy maybe 10 games a year.

One more reason to forget new games, I buy games after 1 or 2 years when they cost 30% or less second hand, my most expensive game cost me around 20dollars, everything else is like 10-15 dollars, my point is, if you play older games and wait for sales, you could be buying 30-40 games instead of 10. Example, I haven't bought anything for the switch since Mario odyssey, I bought some wiiU games such as Mario kart 8, pikmin 3, wonderful 101 and many more for like 10-15 dollars each, I can buy now 4 games for wiiU for the price of 1 new switch game.

Same with PS4, I buy games for 5-10 dollars on local classifieds or ebay, why would I spend 60-70 dollars on new games if in 6 months they will cost 30dollars or less.

Around the Network

Unless BOTW2 is launching this year or maybe SMO2, I don't see people being very happy with the next Direct. Its just so highly anticipated at this time. Part of that is on Nintendo, but just be careful about getting too hyped. There are many great looking third party games coming for the Switch this year. We don't need big Nintendo games to have great gaming experiences. They help of course, but theres just so much variety coming from other developers this year.

KLXVER said:
Unless BOTW2 is launching this year or maybe SMO2, I don't see people being very happy with the next Direct. Its just so highly anticipated at this time. Part of that is on Nintendo, but just be careful about getting too hyped. There are many great looking third party games coming for the Switch this year. We don't need big Nintendo games to have great gaming experiences. They help of course, but theres just so much variety coming from other developers this year.

Sometimes I am proud to have been born smart, people will be spending 60-70 dollars on the new Xenoblade chronicles, when I payed 5 dollars for mine and played on the wiiU. The xenoblades X also cost me just 10 dollars, I still have to play it, my wiiU is back in Portugal :)

I really hope they have a direct next week... We will know their lineup by the end of the month regardless I think as I don't know if it is a good idea to show up to their investors meeting with no upcoming products... But who knows... It is Nintendo.

1doesnotsimply

The curl-6 is just anxious, let him be. Everybody has its own limits, he's a consumer and his concern about information he needs is on point for me.

Whether you disagree and/or think Nintendo is doing the right thing with secrecy strategy, guys you don't need to be that triggered by this even if you were a Nintendo worker, just because his words aren't harmful by any means

Respect, tolerance and understanding is the key for coexistence. Peace

victor83fernandes said:
curl-6 said:

This has nothing to do with third party games being ported. It's about Nintendo starving its fans of information about their first party release schedule.

Unless someone only has a switch and nothing else, which I don't believe, no one is that dumb.

If next gen was cancelled, I would still have games for at least 3 or 4 years, and if I build a PC then I would have enough games for 10 years.

I have a Switch and no other console =)

But I also don’t need other consoles. I’m backlogged on the Switch alone thanks to the hordes of weekly sales.

Why are people getting so neurotic over what is essentially back to Nintendo status quo?

It’s not new. There were people here who thought Nintendo was definitely going to delay the Switch because of not enough time from the announcement to launch date.

Nintendo has been getting rid of overfeeding information. It really isn’t needed. It’s a myth that games need to be hyped over long periods of time. Goldeneye 007 didn’t get any pre-release hype, nor did the Just Dance games, look how they did.

But what’s worse is people deducing that games in development must be announced a long time in advance or they don’t exist.  Currently, several of Nintendo’s top-tier first party devs are 2.5 to 3.25 years into projects, do these freak out people think Nintendo’s just sitting on their hands? But outside of that, new games are getting release dates announced EVERY week, and the majority of them are launching within a month. Additionally, Switch has an extensive backlog and they’re putting dozens of new games on sale each week.

Stop with the neurotic paranoia!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.