By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Bidens campaign dead? (EDIT: Well, this was turned around completely.)

Is Biden's campaign no longer viable?

Yes, his campaign is dead! 31 46.27%

His campaign is badly hur... 15 22.39%

He will take a small hit,... 5 7.46%

No, this result will not hurt his campaign. 7 10.45%

Donald Trump will win the democratic primary! 9 13.43%

Total:67
SpokenTruth said:
Anybody know why Biden is nowhere to be found during this crisis?

So I see this is the new tactic of Bernie supporters asking where Joe Biden is. Calling him Joe Hiden. Sanders did not even make a speech after his loss during the last primaries on March 17th. He is the one ducking questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Well, I eat my crow, I assummed he was dead. Would be funny seeing Biden nominating Sanders for VP, but I don't follow American politics enough to even know if that's a possibility.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

SpokenTruth said:
Signalstar said:

So I see this is the new tactic of Bernie supporters asking where Joe Biden is. Calling him Joe Hiden. Sanders did not even make a speech after his loss during the last primaries on March 17th. He is the one ducking questions.

How is not making a speech ducking questions?

I guess you missed the media outlets he's appeared on since then, huh? He was on Fox, MSNBC, CNN, he held a town hall with medical experts, etc....

Sanders when asked about timeframe for 2020 decision: 'I'm dealing with a f---ing global crisis'

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) reportedly snapped at a CNN correspondent Wednesday after being asked about his timeline for making a decision on his White House bid.

“I’m dealing with a f---ing global crisis,” Sanders said in response to a question from CNN's Manu Raju while speaking with reporters on Capitol Hill, according to Raju's tweets on the interaction.
“Well right now, right now I’m trying to do my best to make sure that we don’t have an economic meltdown and that people don’t die,” Sanders added. “Is that enough for you to keep me busy for today?”
Sounds like ducking a question to me.
Biden has also been communicating regularly. He is broadcasting from an office in his home in Delaware. Kinda hard to go out and be visible in the middle of a viral pandemic.
"In a series of cable news hits Tuesday afternoon from a makeshift studio in his Delaware home’s basement, Biden, who appears likely to become the Democratic nominee for president, repeatedly implored his would-be rival to heed the advice of his coronavirus task force and keep social distancing efforts in place to "flatten the curve" of individuals infected by the virus."

SpokenTruth said:
Metallox said:
Well, I eat my crow, I assummed he was dead. Would be funny seeing Biden nominating Sanders for VP, but I don't follow American politics enough to even know if that's a possibility.

Very little prevents a nominee from selecting their VP other than they must meet the criteria to be president themselves (US citizen, 35 years of age and have not already served two elected terms as president).

I specifically mean if it'd a good tactic for Biden to choose Bernie, given the circumstances. They're not that politically distant, but enough to create friction between the two, and don't know either if it'd be convenient for the Democrats to create such a pair. I want to imagine it'd do better against Trump than just Biden alone. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
SpokenTruth said:

Very little prevents a nominee from selecting their VP other than they must meet the criteria to be president themselves (US citizen, 35 years of age and have not already served two elected terms as president).

I specifically mean if it'd a good tactic for Biden to choose Bernie, given the circumstances. They're not that politically distant, but enough to create friction between the two, and don't know either if it'd be convenient for the Democrats to create such a pair. I want to imagine it'd do better against Trump than just Biden alone. 

Biden could never pick Bernie as a running mate for numerous reasons politically.

But the most obvious one is a 77 year old president should not have his potential back up in case of his death be 78 years old. Biden has to pick someone far younger than both of them.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
SpokenTruth said:
Anybody know why Biden is nowhere to be found during this crisis?

Well, you're wrong about Sanders, he is still visible. But about Biden for the moment: all this online mocking is still less worse than what Sanders endured from the major media outlets.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Metallox said:

As far as I know there is no technical reason he couldn't nominate Sanders as VP. And this would work extremely well for party unity. As both like each other, this would also work on a personal level. And they wouldn't get in each others way if elected, as technically the VP has no real say in anything. But still Sanders project of a major change (revolution) only lead by the white house but made by the people would still work as VP. But it will not happen, as the people having a say in the party will pressure Biden not to do that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

SpokenTruth said:

Biden says that the pandemic has not changed his stance at all on single payer healthcare.

3.3 million people just lost their jobs.  Meaning they also lost their healthcare insurance (if they had it to begin with).  But it's not just that individual worker, entire families just lost their healthcare insurance.  And Biden doesn't care.

At a time when we need healthcare coverage for all the most, Biden sides with the insurance companies over the American people.  *sigh*

As I said, for many people it doesn't matter if Trump or Biden is president, their live will not get better. But it is disappointing, that even in the face of a crisis that shows the disadvantages of the current system, he doesn't change his stance.

Why are you guys even wasting your time speculating about Biden choosing Sanders as VP. Biden already said he would pick a woman for VP. So it is either Warren, Gabbard, Klobuchar or Harris.

I voted for Sanders but now is time for him to drop out. Enough is enough. There is no chance. Biden has become more progressive trying to court Sanders supporters. Die hard Bernie bros need to shut up and go away. They are probably not going to vote in the election and they obviously didn't even vote in the primary.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 04 April 2020

Welp it's over. Bernie conceded the nomination today. Biden is now the presumed nominee. What a dramatic turnaround.