By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: The Outer Worlds for Switch launches June 5

As others have said, the delay is unfortunate but it's great that they changed the physical release to contain a game card.

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

Looking at the specs, this is actually one of the most demanding games yet ported to Switch.

Like Witcher 3, it's 30fps on PS4/Xbone, but it has a dynamic res and can drop to 720p even on PS4. Getting it to run acceptably on Switch can't have been an easy job for Virtuos.

It may well be,then again I played it on the PS4Pro and it came across as needing more polish than being a demanding game, it's only my take on the game I found overall the game felt like I was seeing a studio using a template that had past it's used by date and its performance seemed to match that behind the times feel,but that may well be exacerbated by other factors ,still it would have been much better if The Outer Worlds great characterisation and overall script had been better served.

I didn't mean demanding as in the most advanced or sophisticated, just that it runs at a lower res/fps on the stronger consoles than other Switch ports like Doom or even Witcher 3.

Definitely getting it now.

Honourabl decision to put it out on a card after-all. Maybe they talked to CDPR.

why would i buy an empty game box.

fmd these people are clueless. then they wonder why people don't buy their gaes

Around the Network

Good, now it’s on my list.

Wow, look, something good came from the coronavirus... I'll be getting this game if it does indeed come on a cart.

1doesnotsimply

Cobretti2 said:
why would i buy an empty game box.

fmd these people are clueless. then they wonder why people don't buy their gaes

Pretty much. It's always Nintendo gamers' fault when a third party games doesn't sell, no matter how much the publisher in question butchered the release and drove prospective buyers away with anti-consumer shenanigans. 

Still, at least in this case common sense and decency won out.

Possibly my personally favourite game in 2019. So much Charm, character and just straight out fun. Really recommend this.
Hope the Switch port is done to a good standard. Obsidian never lets me down.

I know it’s a nitpick. But game card, not cartridges.

I actually think this era of incorrect terminology us worse than the PlayStation/laserdisc thing, and might be more widespread than the NES/tapes thing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.