By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: The Outer Worlds for Switch launches June 5

The Switch version of The Outer Worlds will launch on March 6 for $59.99, publisher Private Division and developers Obsidian Entertainment and Virtuos games announced.

The game will be available both via the Nintendo eShop and as a retail release, but the retail release will include a code to download the game rather than a game card.

Source

Update: Screenshots Added

Update 2: The game was delayed

Update 3: The Outer Worlds for Switch will launch on June 5. The game will be available both on a physical cartridge and as a digital download. A day one update is also planned, which could take “up to six gigabytes of space” and improves the overall experience by adding high-resolution textures, various gameplay optimizations, and more.

Last edited by Shikamo - on 31 March 2020

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Hope they've done a good job. I played through it on the original XBO, and while it ran ok for the most part it was quite blurry.

They should stop with this practice of offering the retail version with a digital code only, whatever the platform...

Great game! Has a few negatives from me but I would highly recommend it

abronn627 said:
They should stop with this practice of offering the retail version with a digital code only, whatever the platform...

Yeah, this is bullshit.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
So the same is around 38 gigs on PS4/XB.
So I wonder how big the download will be for the switch.

What's the most amount of space the switch has without adding extra storage? Around 24 or so?

Yeah, right around there. But, a 128 GB card is about 12 bucks. It's crazy to imagine memory being an issue at this point. I have a 512 GB and it was 60 dollars.

Bandorr said:

Does the switch packaging ever warn you about the size of the game? Are there any that say "this game is X gigs. It can not fit on the switch. You need a microsD card"?

I know NBA has a different label that specifies you need a micro sd, and it says how large the download is on the back of the case.

So as Outer Worlds doesn't say "Micro SD Card Required" it's possible it will fit onto an empty switch.

The download is probably 18gb-26gb, if it'd have fit on a 16gb I imagine they'd have done it.

Not bothered about digital only (I’d prefer physical, but if digital is the only option I’ll take it in this case rather than not get the game at all). The release date sucks for me as I leave for an overseas trip that very morning in the wee hours and it would’ve been the perfect game to take. Hopefully I’ll get time to download it if it’s available from midnight.

Guess I will be playing Outer Worlds in March!

Side note, no physical version is a shame. CDPR making all devs that do this look bad.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Goddamn it feels sooo good to have a fucking release date for something I'm interested in, for the first time since Luigi's Mansion 3 came out three months back!

I was going insane not having anything concrete to look forward to!

No proper physical release is a bummer and in another time I might have let that dissuade me, but the game itself looks excellent, I have plenty of space left on my SD card, and Virtuos have proven themselves a competent porting studio, so I guess I'll be picking it up digitally.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 January 2020