By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: The Outer Worlds for Switch launches June 5

Bandorr said:
SwitchUP said:

Yeah, right around there. But, a 128 GB card is about 12 bucks. It's crazy to imagine memory being an issue at this point. I have a 512 GB and it was 60 dollars.

I don't get many of the larger switch games.  So I don't know the answer to my next question.

Does the switch packaging ever warn you about the size of the game? Are there any that say "this game is X gigs. It can not fit on the switch. You need a microsD card"?

I dont know if the case shows that info or not. If you go to the switch eshop, if the game is listed there yet, it will say how big the game download is. The info for that is on every digital game in the eshop. Just scroll down on the games page, and it will be there. I just looked... it's not listed yet on the eshop. I'm curious to know too. 

Around the Network

Well they lost a sale from me. I can't stand the selling of empty boxes. Oh well.

1doesnotsimply

A fake retail game. And with that, you lost me.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Looking at the specs, this is actually one of the most demanding games yet ported to Switch.

Like Witcher 3, it's 30fps on PS4/Xbone, but it has a dynamic res and can drop to 720p even on PS4. Getting it to run acceptably on Switch can't have been an easy job for Virtuos.

Fuck! I was really looking forward to this game. Oh well, might get it cheap on the PS4 or not bother with it.

Around the Network

I wonder if one of those outfits like Super Rare Games or Limited Run would consider working with a big publisher to do a print run of a game like this, instead of the indie stuff they usually do.

Are there any previews or anything showing what the game looks like? I'm cautiously excited.

SwitchUP said:
Are there any previews or anything showing what the game looks like? I'm cautiously excited.

Not yet. With a lot of these ports we sometimes don't get footage until it releases, unless some Youtuber gets hold of an early copy and upload footage like a day before haha.

It's annoying, but it's the way these things tend to go. That said, they are exceptions if a dev is particularly proud of the port, as we saw with Witcher 3.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 01 February 2020

Nintendo should ban the selling of empty boxes.

No sale.

Isn't it strange how if it looked like this there'd be a lot less anger:

But because it's in better packaging it's suddenly the anti-christ. The complaint should be that it's not getting a physical release when you wanted one. Not that selling a code in a store is the worst thing ever. It's a digital only release with more options on where to buy, you can buy it at stores other than the eshop.