Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: The Outer Worlds for Switch launches June 5

Awesome that we are now getting a physical cart. Sucks there is delay but that's what ever.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

Oh awesome. Looks like ill get this after all.

Bandorr said:

The good and the bad.

Awesome that they're listening to the fans and providing a proper physical release, and that according to their followup tweet the team are healthy and well, their office has just been temporarily closed. Hope the delay's not too long; if it was set to come out digitally in less than a month then the game itself should be just about done, and the extra time should mostly just be ordering, manufacturing, and shipping the game cards.

Shikamo said:

Source

Update: Screenshots Added

About what I expected graphically, given the precedent for demanding PS4/Xbone games ported to Switch. I'm satisfied with these visuals.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Well, now you can count on my purchase.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

curl-6 said:

Looking at the specs, this is actually one of the most demanding games yet ported to Switch.

Like Witcher 3, it's 30fps on PS4/Xbone, but it has a dynamic res and can drop to 720p even on PS4. Getting it to run acceptably on Switch can't have been an easy job for Virtuos.

It may well be,then again I played it on the PS4Pro and it came across as needing more polish than being a demanding game, it's only my take on the game I found overall the game felt like I was seeing a studio using a template that had past it's used by date and its performance seemed to match that behind the times feel,but that may well be exacerbated by other factors ,still it would have been much better if The Outer Worlds great characterisation and overall script had been better served.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Shiken said:
Even if that were not the case however, you cannot be mad at this delay. Human safety comes first. A virus outbreak is never a joke.

The virus has been sensationalized heavily by the media though...

Depends in what way you mean, but that's another topic. 

As others have said, the delay is unfortunate but it's great that they changed the physical release to contain a game card.

mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

Looking at the specs, this is actually one of the most demanding games yet ported to Switch.

Like Witcher 3, it's 30fps on PS4/Xbone, but it has a dynamic res and can drop to 720p even on PS4. Getting it to run acceptably on Switch can't have been an easy job for Virtuos.

It may well be,then again I played it on the PS4Pro and it came across as needing more polish than being a demanding game, it's only my take on the game I found overall the game felt like I was seeing a studio using a template that had past it's used by date and its performance seemed to match that behind the times feel,but that may well be exacerbated by other factors ,still it would have been much better if The Outer Worlds great characterisation and overall script had been better served.

I didn't mean demanding as in the most advanced or sophisticated, just that it runs at a lower res/fps on the stronger consoles than other Switch ports like Doom or even Witcher 3.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Definitely getting it now.

Honourabl decision to put it out on a card after-all. Maybe they talked to CDPR.