Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony saving the best for last again?

Most likely best game on ps4

God Of War 15 24.19%
 
Spider Man 3 4.84%
 
Horizon Zero Dawn 6 9.68%
 
Sekiro 0 0.00%
 
Bloodbourne 3 4.84%
 
The last of Us Part 2 21 33.87%
 
Ghost Of Tsushima 2 3.23%
 
Cyberpunk 2077 1 1.61%
 
Red Dead Redemption 2 2 3.23%
 
FFVII Remake 9 14.52%
 
Total:62

Something truly exceptional has to come out to beat Bloodborne as the best exclusive game on the PS4 as far as I'm concerned, as I consider it the best game of the generation as a whole. Horizon is #2 right now as far as exclusives go, though there are quite a few that I haven't yet played like God of War and Spider Man. As far as future games, FFVII, TLoU II and Ghost of Tsushima are the most interesting in my eyes.



My Most Recent Articles:

1. Video Game Music Spotlight #15: Vocal Themes

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #14: A Moment of Calm

3. Gods and Superheroes: The Story of Clover Studio

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
Of the exclusive games that have come out I find Nier: Automata (missed in the poll) and Bloodborne to be the best by a significant margin - not to take away from Horizon, God of War or Uncharted 4 (also missed in the poll and more deserving than most), which are also fantastic. So for me at least, at this point the best came early. Whatever happens later when FFVII or TLOU2 hit the shelves is yet to be seen.

Honestly only reason I dint put uncharted 4 in the list is because I believe TLOU is Naughty dogs Top ip at the moment. They  seem to be saving it for the end of the gen for the second time. 

P.S would I been able to beat bloodborne or sekiro i would probably think of one of thouse as the best, but I suck. Although I got pretty close in bloodborne. Sadly to say, I dont think I will be playing anything by From Soft again. Aside from the dificulty, thouse styles of games are what Im all about. 



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Barkley said:

God of War is my favourite, and probably will remain it. I'm sure TLOU 2 will be great, but I doubt I'll like it as much as GoW or Horizon. Those two are probably my favourite games developed by Sony ever.

Im with you there. Any hack and slash, adventure, rpg game will always beat a shooter for me. God of war hit every not with me but again, its naughty dog we are talking about here. TLOU was the only game that had me holding my tears. Gameplay wise I have seen better. But who knows what improvements they do in part 2.

I did like horizon. I dare say more than spider man. Only thing I would change about it is to make Aloy a little more human. really dint like her development. Had the story and her development been better, horizon would be up there with god of war.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

The best game is God of War without a doubt, although my preferred (had most fun) was Spider Man and my most antecipated at the moment is Ghost of Tsushijima.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Terrible poll.

The best PS4 games have already been released. Nier Automata. Persona 5. Yakuza 0. Judgment. Nex Machina.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

It’s a weird strategy releasing their gems at the end of the gen. Like GOW 2 on PS2 after PS3 released or GT 6 on PS3 during the PS4 launch. Even launching in May is a weird month for what is imo their best game of the gen, because Naughty Dog is the jewel in the Sony developer crown.

I would have made it a November launch, followed with a PS5 version next spring to keep momentum going.



 

 

I have been playing games for 30 years and 2 things I've learned

1 - Sony always delivers until the end and even after

2 - Microsoft abandons their consoles, every single time, we still have ORI coming but that's not a big name game, we could argue Halo Infinite but that's a next gen game which will have an inferior port for current gen.

Still not as bad as the very first xbox which was supported not even 4 years or even the 360 that got forgotten since they introduced Kinect and relied on 3rd party

Logic tells me the same will happen again, sony will support ps5 for at least 7 years and Microsoft will have good exclusives for 3 or 4 years and they die down and ignore the console.

Xbox hasn't even started on VR and sony already has hundreds of VR games, Microsoft needs to wake up and fast or else next gen Sony will stand alone with Nintendo as a secondary console just for Nintendo games, because the switch will never be capable of ports of next gen games.

My prediction for next gen (7 years)

PS5 ends selling around 120 million

Switch ends with numbers in the 130 million 

Xbox series X ends with 40 million



sales2099 said:
It’s a weird strategy releasing their gems at the end of the gen. Like GOW 2 on PS2 after PS3 released or GT 6 on PS3 during the PS4 launch. Even launching in May is a weird month for what is imo their best game of the gen, because Naughty Dog is the jewel in the Sony developer crown.

I would have made it a November launch, followed with a PS5 version next spring to keep momentum going.

Seems to be paying off. Best strategy some say is releasing away from big third partys as they love the holidays. Also releasing during the slow months keeps momentum. Pretty sure theres going to be some day 1 updates for the ps5 that will serve as pseudo launch games for the ps5. I see this as the best momentum being build. 



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

victor83fernandes said:

I have been playing games for 30 years and 2 things I've learned

1 - Sony always delivers until the end and even after

2 - Microsoft abandons their consoles, every single time, we still have ORI coming but that's not a big name game, we could argue Halo Infinite but that's a next gen game which will have an inferior port for current gen.

Still not as bad as the very first xbox which was supported not even 4 years or even the 360 that got forgotten since they introduced Kinect and relied on 3rd party

Logic tells me the same will happen again, sony will support ps5 for at least 7 years and Microsoft will have good exclusives for 3 or 4 years and they die down and ignore the console.

Xbox hasn't even started on VR and sony already has hundreds of VR games, Microsoft needs to wake up and fast or else next gen Sony will stand alone with Nintendo as a secondary console just for Nintendo games, because the switch will never be capable of ports of next gen games.

My prediction for next gen (7 years)

PS5 ends selling around 120 million

Switch ends with numbers in the 130 million 

Xbox series X ends with 40 million

Kind of agree. But the ps4 should end up around 120m. I do believe the ps5 will have a bit of an increase. minimum 130m. I do think xbox seems to be doing everything they can too sell less consoles but end up with more subs, so 40m seems like a hopeful dream for them. 



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

DonFerrari said:
The best game is God of War without a doubt, although my preferred (had most fun) was Spider Man and my most antecipated at the moment is Ghost of Tsushijima.

I get the strange feeling that GoT just may blow people away. Not sure if it's going to end up the best game of the gen, but I do get the feeling people aren't going to see it coming like HZD. While PS has been quiet in general, they almost seem to be ignoring GoT in comparison to the others this year, and I don't think it's because it's likely to crash and burn. PS seems to push the marketing division much harder when they don't think the game is going to sell as well on it's own merits.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 30 January 2020