By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony saving the best for last again?

Most likely best game on ps4

God Of War 15 24.19%

Spider Man 3 4.84%

Horizon Zero Dawn 6 9.68%

Sekiro 0 0%

Bloodbourne 3 4.84%

The last of Us Part 2 21 33.87%

Ghost Of Tsushima 2 3.23%

Cyberpunk 2077 1 1.61%

Red Dead Redemption 2 2 3.23%

FFVII Remake 9 14.52%

Total:62
loy310 said:

Ending on a high seems to work in getting folks excited for the future.
Has not failed them yet. Its basically a guarantee on your PS investment.

I took notice of this last gen and swtich from 360 to PS4. Sony remastering everything was an added bonus that made this the best gen in gaming for me. Me starting to make enough money to buy whatever gae i want when I want also helped.

Around the Network

From what I played so far, Horizon Zero Dawn.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Review score copies sold?

I suspect TLOU Part 2 will get review bombed by fans due to people being upset about any social agenda it has. Then again social justice warriors may review it better than they normally would because of that agenda, so maybe they will balance each other out?

Sales wise I have no clue what sort of legs each of these games will have as probably a few of them will have remastered versions on PS5.

method114 said:
loy310 said:

Ending on a high seems to work in getting folks excited for the future.
Has not failed them yet. Its basically a guarantee on your PS investment.

I took notice of this last gen and swtich from 360 to PS4. Sony remastering everything was an added bonus that made this the best gen in gaming for me. Me starting to make enough money to buy whatever gae i want when I want also helped.

Same for me .. I graduated on 2013 I was able to buy any game or console and yea it was the best. The remasters also helped cuz while in college I had neither the time nor money and missed a lot.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Dulfite said:

I suspect TLOU Part 2 will get review bombed by fans due to people being upset about any social agenda it has. Then again social justice warriors may review it better than they normally would because of that agenda, so maybe they will balance each other out?

Sales wise I have no clue what sort of legs each of these games will have as probably a few of them will have remastered versions on PS5.

I don't think so. Political correctness does suck but if it's on an overall good product people don't mind. Its only when the entire product revolves around political correctness that consumers start to take caution. As long as the main plot line in TLOU2 is not how Ellie is being persecuted for being a lesbian then im willing to bet it's going to be overall good. A little pandering here or there wont be a big issue.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Dulfite said:

I don't think so. Political correctness does suck but if it's on an overall good product people don't mind. Its only when the entire product revolves around political correctness that consumers start to take caution. As long as the main plot line in TLOU2 is not how Ellie is being persecuted for being a lesbian then im willing to bet it's going to be overall good. A little pandering here or there wont be a big issue.

When they first revealed the game, they spent a huge amount of that reveal time on that aspect of the game, which leads me to think that a huge chunk of the game will probably revolve around that. I could be wrong, but why else would they focus so much on that in the reveal moment, otherwise?

Dulfite said:
eva01beserk said:

When they first revealed the game, they spent a huge amount of that reveal time on that aspect of the game, which leads me to think that a huge chunk of the game will probably revolve around that. I could be wrong, but why else would they focus so much on that in the reveal moment, otherwise?

I won't that that was a little upsetting .All that hype for a dam kiss. I'm sure that's just them building a bond between them so they kill her and ellie goes nuts. Most likely be an intro like the first game. Again that's me hoping. But like uncharted 4 which had super black chick on was still pretty good. I trust naughty dog. 

Imagine doubting Naughty Dog.

Keiji said:

No doubt here they will get good reviews and sales. Never thought much of their games tho personally. Found the AI in TLOU to be horrid, I was right next to dudes who just did nothing. Very average shooting mechanics. Uncharted 3 didn't feel like a great TPS and the puzzles felt half-assed. After the boat segment, I was done and sold the game. Both of those games came with my console purchase. Never been a fan of Crash games or CTR. I know people like them and I'm in the minority but when I play their games I just don't get why. Granted my sample size is small at only 4 games and only played a portion of them.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Keiji said:

blah blah blah blah I love Mario

Yeah but unfortunatly your tastes are doubtful and you're more a Nintendo guy so... sorry your opinion doesn't interest me bro.