By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

Got my second shot on Thursday. Arm hurt about the same degree and length as the first shot. Had a few mild ~flu symptoms this time, but quickly got over them. Mom's now a couple weeks from her second shot as well. Another month and I should really be able to breathe easy again.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

Got my second shot on Thursday. Arm hurt about the same degree and length as the first shot. Had a few mild ~flu symptoms this time, but quickly got over them. Mom's now a couple weeks from her second shot as well. Another month and I should really be able to breathe easy again.

Curiosity since I'm getting my second (Pfizer) shot a week from Friday: How long did the flu-like symptoms last? I keep hearing about those resulting from the second shot. Also, did they give you your second shot in the same place on your arm as the first? I ask the second question because here nine days after my first shot, I can still feel some very mild soreness on the muscle that took the first shot and that makes me a little concerned about how getting a second shot in the same muscle might affect it.

Jaicee said:
TallSilhouette said:

Curiosity since I'm getting my second (Pfizer) shot a week from Friday: How long did the flu-like symptoms last? I keep hearing about those resulting from the second shot. Also, did they give you your second shot in the same place on your arm as the first? I ask the second question because here nine days after my first shot, I can still feel some very mild soreness on the muscle that took the first shot and that makes me a little concerned about how getting a second shot in the same muscle might affect it.

My symptoms lasted for 2-3 days. Same shoulder. If that's a concern maybe just ask them to inject your other arm next time.

Received my first vaccine dose. I'm the last member of my immediate family to be vaccinated. I'm grateful we all made it through the year without getting sick with Covid. We tried our best to be safe. My mom works at a hospital and directly treated Covid patients.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

First dose. Arm is a little sore. Other than that, I’m all good!

#MarkoftheBeast xD

Around the Network

My uncle is 70 years old, and he took his first dose today.

The good news is that it seems to be working. My town got 144 new cases in the last days, but only 2 of them were people over 70 years old. It's going to take some time until my age range can take the vaccine, but if it's working for reducing the risk of old people to get Covid and die, I'll not complain.

I got my first shot of Moderna this morning. Arm Sore and got a low grade fever but nothing am concern about. My Mom getting her second shot next week and everyone else in my immediate family already got both shots so I will be the last in my family to be fully vaccinated.

Looking forward to being with my entire immediate family in the same room for the first time in over a year for Mother's day which falls 13 days after my schedule second shot so close enough to 2 weeks.

Jaicee said:
TallSilhouette said:

First shot of Pfizer gave me a sore arm, and I slept about 36 of the next 48 hours. Didn't feel anything after the second shot except minor tenderness in the arm (which was easily solved by not touching it). Everyone's different, so you might feel like crap or you may feel nothing.

Not going that well over here, record breaking number of people in the ICU in Ontario, record breaking numbers in British Columbia and vaccine hesitancy on the rise due to controversies around the Astrazeneca vaccine. It's temporarily delayed for anyone under 55 due to risk of blood clots.

The latest poll shows 69% of Canadians intend to take it when available, 18% unsure, 13% no. In some places they were already lowering the age because of running out of people showing up for the vaccine. People rather have Pfizer or Moderna since Astrazeneca has a PR problem here. (It's the one we ordered most of) It's mostly due do conflicting messaging as usual, different guidelines per province, on hold here, not there, on/off. The government needs to get its act together and start to provide clear one voice messaging about the vaccines.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-suspends-astrazeneca-vaccine-covid-19-1.5968657

Anyway, no side effects with my parents in law, they got it last week.

Weekly update, reported cases are still on the rise, USA and Europe's growth are slowing, Asia is accelerating

Here we just entered another 4 week lockdown, ICUs are full. The new variants are twice as contagious and 1.5x as lethal according to the government. More youg people need to be hospitalized with severe symptoms. The vaccine rollout isn't fast enough to keep up.

In total 4.11 million new cases were reported last week (up from 3.81 million) to a total of 130,801,589
Another 71,048 people lost their lives to Covid-19 last week (up from 66,240) to a total of 2,850,149

The continents

Europe reported 1.43 million new cases (slightly down from 1.46 million) and 23,284 more deaths (slightly down from 24,621)
Asia reported 1.22 million new cases (up from 958K) and 7,606 more deaths (slightly up from 7,306)
South America reported 809K new cases (slightly up from 786K) and 26,108 more deaths (up from 20,887)
North America reported 554K new cases (slightly up from 522K) and 10,517 more deaths (down from 11,325)
Africa reported 87.4K new cases (up from 80.4K) and 1,897 more deaths (down from 2,094)
Oceania reported 2,011 new cases (2,198 last week) and 21 deaths (7 last week)

Corners of the world

Brazil reported 505K new cases (slightly down from 530K) and 21,040 more deaths (up from 16,801)
India reported 483K new cases (up from 353K) and 2,866 more deaths (up from 1,681)
USA reported 462K new cases (up from 427K) and 6,468 more deaths (down from 7,038)
Iran reported 70.1K new cases (up from 52.5K) and 653 deaths (574 last week)
Canada reported 33.9K new cases (up from 29.6K) and 182 deaths (209 last week)
Japan reported 14.6K new cases (up from 10.1K) and 218 deaths (209 last week)
South Africa reported 7,645 new cases (7,656 last week) and 344 deaths (567 last week)
South Korea reported 3,424 new cases (up from 3,013) and 21 deaths (26 last week)
Australia reported 95 new cases (57 last week) no deaths

Europe in detail

The UK is doing great, the rest not so much.

Cases are slightly down at the end of the week probably from Good Friday, but it does look like most countries are stopping the growth at least.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 03 April 2021