By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 1130 Greatest Games, as of 2019

Impressive indeed. I echo all of the comments praising this effort. This was phenomenal.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

I can't wait to vote this year and place Animal Crossing: New Horizons at #1.

Thanks for the hard work, mZuzek! Great job!

mZuzek said:
Mnementh said:
@mZuzek: I just saw that you did put down Attack of the Friday Monsters! as Guild02. While the Guild-games were released in these two waves, you still had to buy them separately and they were separate games.

It's one of the trickier situations, for sure. When I don't know much about a game, I'll use Wikipedia for this sort of thing, and what it told me is that the two Guild games are compilations, so I assumed they were only sold as these compilations. Apparently, they were also released separately, but, still... it feels a bit to me like a Shovel Knight situation, where Treasure Trove is now a compilation of 4 campaigns that are also sold separately - the difference being that this isn't how it was originally released.

Hmm...

Well, had a quick look at the 3DS eShop site. I couldn't find Guild02 whatsoever, but Attack of the Friday Monsters was there. So, apparently the compilation itself isn't being sold grouped at all, they're all considered standalone titles. You win this one.

Yeah, it is a bit tricky here. As far as I know, these compilations were a japan only thing. In the west they released only on the eShop as separate games. You could've used the game database of one website like… vgchartz, the games are separate here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/79423/attack-of-the-friday-monsters-a-tokyo-tale/?region=All

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Thanks for such amazing effort put into this compilation, @mZuzek. I hope to see such event this year as well.

Chrono Trigger is at #4 which is really nice to see. I hope it makes to top 3 this year, but it's gonna be really tough I suppose.

MGR, Sekiro, Astral Chain are unfortunately underrated here, way lower than I would like to see personally.

Around the Network

Thank you for this awesome thread. Many of those games I've never heard of. It is quite the diverse list. Having said that - the top 15 are just Nintendo and Square, that is really funny to me. But undeniably good games.

S.Peelman said:

Congrats mZuzek on compiling this behemoth of a list and thanks again for hosting!

I had a lot of fun writing and reading and guessing.

A worthy #1 and #2 if I might say so myself lol. Surprised former winner Mario 64 is a bit lower now. But more importantly; I was the only voter for Theme Hospital? That’s criminal. *ahem*@Kresnik*ahem*

Unfortunately massive screw up on my part - not that I didn't vote for it, just that I didn't vote at all >.<

Hey, @mZuzek, you misspelled Donut County as Donut Country with an R, like it's a nation or something. Yeesh, you think you'd know since it's about a raccoon!

Player2 said:

It doesn't seem to have numbers, swords or explosions. You know we're men, right?

I wouldn't go that far.

(I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Plus there's at least one raccoon among us. Don't murder me!)

That seems like an enormous amount of work done there. Thanks for doing it all.

On a similar note, how about limiting ourselves to games with (let's say) 5 votes or more. On maybe something like 5 total votes, or 3 placements in a top 10 position. I mean, is it really a "greatest game" because one person ranked it number 47 on their list? And, 1130? That seems like about 1000 more games than necessary. With 130 games, it would still be a massive list, and include some strange titles that would lead to much discussion about whether they deserve to be there.

Anyway, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, or take anything away from the huge accomplishment by Mzuzek of putting this whole thing together. I'm just saying, it seems like it would be a little easier on both the administrator and the participants in this thread, with little to no loss in value, if it was cut to a more reasonable number.