By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Just saw the bleeding edge achievements.....their ease of attaining them is marketing genius lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Just finished Far Cry New Dawn.

Started out really good but fell a little apart at the end.
Graphics definitely look a little better compared to FC5. Character models are improved by quite a bit. Unfortunately, there are lots of identical NPCs walking around. Other than that the game is looking much more cartoony due to the use of bright colours (mostly pink and some yellow) but in a pleasant way.
The map is unchanged from FC5 but only in theory. Due to the events happening in FC5, places look so different you will barely recognize them at all and when you do, you'll get a nice a-ha!-effect.

It's still very noticeable that this game is not a full release. There are only 22 main missions and 10 side missions to complete. On top of that there are expeditions which are a new type of missions that have no narrative at all and probably will work best in co-op.
The biggest difference from FC5 is the tier system. Enemies, vehicles and guns now have 4 tiers and you need to upgrade them or else you're going to have a bad time. Trying to fight an enemy at tier 3 with a tier 1 weapon is pretty much pointless. Even if the body parts aren't protected, you will barely cause any damage. This also means that heavy weaponry such as LMGs and flamethrower aren't limited to Elite enemies anymore. Even the lowest foot soldier could possess one (it still wouldn't cause that much damage).

Mission design in later parts of the game is definitely a problem. The last 5 or so main missions were all pretty bad for different reasons. Time limits, far too easy even though the difficulty was tier 3, unfair boss fights etc.
There's no proper conclusion to the overarching storyline between FC5 and New Dawn. Quite disappointing honestly.

Up until the last few missions I wanted to give it the same score as I gave to FC5 even when the game offers far less content. That's when a lot fell apart and I couldn't justify it anymore. I would still recommend it but only if you played all the other FC games. Even the other spin-off game, Far Cry Primal, was quite a bit better.
8/10

Inxile is staffing up with big AAA talent, they could end up surpassing the expectations that people have put on them with their next Action RPG Game.

I would really like inXile's next project to be a AAA isometric RPG along the lines of what Larian is doing Baldur's Gate 3.

Halo outselling Rainbow 6 is surprising. Also shocked at how well CoD WWII did.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:
Inxile is staffing up with big AAA talent, they could end up surpassing the expectations that people have put on them with their next Action RPG Game.

Brian Fargo's comeback.

The only thing that was holding him back was funding it seems, he did used to run multiple RPG studios and he's a huge name in the RPG industry, I'm more excited for Obsidian but I think InXile could be a dark horse and potentially surpass them, after all Brian was their boss back when they (the senior staff) were Black Isle Studio.

Going to be fun to watch, I hope Playground gets as many tips from both Obsidian and InXile as possible. I wonder if Chris Avellone would work with InXile since he doesn't have any bad blood with them, only Obsidian.

Fargo stated in an interview that his next project was somewhere between AA-AAA, but looking at all the talent joining them it seems like he could be aiming to make the game full AAA. Would be awesome to see him grow Inxile NOLA to AAA too.

Obsidian, Inxile, Playground RPG, Ninja Theory and Initiative are going to make the Xbox a whole lot more interesting, I’m massively hyped for what they have in store for us.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 20 March 2020

Halo 5 numbers doesn't surprise me.

Halo has declined but people exaggerate by how much. They think that Halo went from a big franchise to irrelevant but in reality it went from a cultural phenomenon to just a huge franchise.

My gf got me the Halo edition of Monopoly for my bday. We figured with a lack of things to do, it was okay to open it early. I tried to post a pic of mine, but it says file size is too large so here is an image from the web instead. 

If you can miss 5 bucks you can get Doom 64. Was surprised by the price :).

konnichiwa said:
If you can miss 5 bucks you can get Doom 64. Was surprised by the price :).

Good price indeed!