By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jason1637 said:
Honestly I'd put Rare as a top tier studio.

iceland said:

If I personally ranked them, I would also.

Needless to say I agree with you fine gentlemen.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

and yet you forgot to mention the power usage. That thing looks like it needs a ton of it and I wouldn't be shocked if console gaming was $100 cheaper... a year (depending on your local electricity prices and gaming time of course).

3 consoles generations lasting about 7 years each would result in $2100. Plenty of money to buy 3 generations of consoles and 21 years of Xbox Live.

Obviously, but that's shifting the goal post.

My original claim was that PC will span 3x console generations and outperform them all, don't give two shits about power.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Only around 1/3rd of PS4 users pay for online. I've owned almost every system since Atari. The only time I had to spend money on accessories was my Switch Pro controller, and $10 for PS1/2 Memory cards.

0 PC gamers pay for online.

By accessories I mean controllers, Memory Cards, Hard Drives, Jumper Packs, Rumble Packs, Kinect, move and all those other doofangles.

Allot of them are optional of course.

PC games are cheaper.... By about $10. But there is always a sale on... Somewhere and definitely depreciate in price much faster than Nintendo titles.

Cerebralbore101 said:

I think you've droped around 4k USD into the thing overall. It's basically started out as an extremist/monsterous level build on the logicalincrements.com chart.

No idea about USD. But I spent about that in AUD which means in USD it would have been cheaper. But I can get hardware at discounted wholesale price.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Finally, most CPUs would have died by now.

Nah. Depends how you treat them, SB-E chips were built at 32nm which actually had good power characteristics for a planar node.
Plus some chips will exhibit electromigration before others, I know plenty of SB-E users who have been running these things flat-chat since release without a single hiccup in the enthusiast circles.

Cerebralbore101 said:

The used games market is just as cheap as PC if not slightly cheaper. But we've been over that plenty of times before.

Beg to differ... Gamestop/EB Games prices seem to a bit higher than say... a 90% off Steam sale.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Just realized on how screwed over PS gamers are going to be on BC, this means that they are going to have to buy Cyverpunk, LOU2 and Ghosts again for next gen editions/upgrades.

Meanwhile we are getting Cyberpunk and Halo Infinite upgrades for free.

EspadaGrim said:
Just realized on how screwed over PS gamers are going to be on BC, this means that they are going to have to buy Cyverpunk, LOU2 and Ghosts again for next gen editions/upgrades.

It certainly isn't nice but... What can you do.

MS have most certainly learned from the DRM headaches in 2013.

ironmanDX said:
EspadaGrim said:

It certainly isn't nice but... What can you do.

MS have most certainly learned from the DRM headaches in 2013.

It puts PS owners in Limbo when it comes to Cyberpunk, it 100% will not be a BC title day one and there is no guarantee that CD Projekt will even make a “PS5” version of the game.

And even if they eventually get it on PS5 via BC it will only play on base PS4/Pro specs with no upgrades meanwhile on Xbox you will be able to play it on XB1X mode or XSX mode that the devs themselves already stated is coming for free.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 20 March 2020

Around the Network

Quite an achievement list lol. Well, at least it's easy 1000G even if the game wasn't my cup of tea.

Damn I'm looking forward to DF stuff about Velocity Architecture.

EspadaGrim said:

It’s the little things that transcend mere “brand power”.

Like currently I’m playing Lost Odyssey alongside Metro Exodus. A lot of free 360 games I get with Live Gold that I probably can’t play them all this year and will chip away even after I buy a Series X. Only on Xbox :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

KiigelHeart said:
Angelus said:

Tier 1: 343, Coalition, Playground, Turn 10, and (presumably - based on talent) The Initiative 

Tier 2: Obsidian, Ninja Theory, Minecraft/Mojang (...?), inXile, Word's Edge

Tier 3: Undead Labs, Rare, Double Fine, Compulsion Games, XGS

Rare making the most succesful new IP this gen and ends up tier 3.. brutal :(

I put a lot of hours into SOT myself but I recognize the sheer tragedy of most gamers not “getting” the point of the game. And especially diehards refuse to group it among Rares greats from the N64 era, despite gaining a loyal cult following. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Definitely going to play Bleeding Edge for the easy achievements.

trunkswd said:
I just realized. I have a laptop with Windows 10 and have Game Pass. I wonder if any games will run on it. I'm falling behind in my goal of getting to 100k gamerscore by the end of 2020. This makes me wish I had my Xbox with me...or saw the $200 Xbox One X deal before it sold out.

I literally made the same goal to reach 100k before the end of the year. I need to average 1000 GS a month, but I've already fallen behind.