By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sales2099 said:
Ryuu96 said:

1. Agreed.

2. Agreed, I also think it's low-key disrespectful, Lol.

4. Definitely agree, they aren't like 2nd studios others have which are basically assist hubs, it's entirely separate from the Racing team so I think it's justified, plus Lionhead is an awesome name.

5. Yeah, I'm hoping we can get to 18 at least, I doubt 20 is happening, we do have multiple rumours from Japan to Poland, if both pan out we'll be at 17, I personally think South Korea is a likely acquisition area too, I'm hoping 2 in Asia and 1 final AAA western company.

We need to agree on a tier system. The top 5, secondary 5, and the ones bringing up the rear. Just a thought.

343, Coalition, Playground, Ninja Theory, Obsidian are definitely the top 5. 

Tier 1: 343, Coalition, Playground, Turn 10, and (presumably - based on talent) The Initiative 

Tier 2: Obsidian, Ninja Theory, Minecraft/Mojang (...?), inXile, Word's Edge

Tier 3: Undead Labs, Rare, Double Fine, Compulsion Games, XGS

Around the Network
Angelus said:
sales2099 said:

We need to agree on a tier system. The top 5, secondary 5, and the ones bringing up the rear. Just a thought.

343, Coalition, Playground, Ninja Theory, Obsidian are definitely the top 5. 

Tier 1: 343, Coalition, Playground, Turn 10, and (presumably - based on talent) The Initiative 

Rare making the most succesful new IP this gen and ends up tier 3.. brutal :(

Ryuu96 said:
Every single game you can run on an Xbox One will also run on Xbox Series X. They will also run better by default. Just like Xbox One --> Xbox One X. Some may get even further enhancements like automatic HDR or resolution bumps, depending on what the compatibility team is able to pull off.

No "boost mode", no variability. Everything just works, and works better. Every back-compat original Xbox and Xbox 360 game, and every single Xbox One game.

All of the controllers you bought for your Xbox One will also work on Xbox Series X, and will get a firmware update to take advantage of dynamic latency input too

What about Kinect though?

KiigelHeart said:
Angelus said:

Tier 2 for sure, even if Sea of Thieves isn’t for everyone.

KiigelHeart said:
Angelus said:

I admittedly struggled to place Rare. I thought about swapping them with World's Edge, or inXile, because I do think that Rare should probably be in Tier 2, but in the end I couldn't bring myself to move any of them down. I'm happy for Rare that they've rediscovered some measure of success with Sea of Thieves, but there's still a lot left to be desired if you ask me. Hopefully they can do better with Everwild.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, Rare is definitely a tier 2 studio. I would put Mojang on tier 3 since they aren't making exclusives. Other than that, I mostly agree with Angelus' tiers. At one point Double Fine would have been tier 2 for me, but many of their recent releases have been meh, hopefully Psychonauts 2 can change their fortunes. Compulsion has potential to move to tier 2, but they're coming off of We Happy Few right now, which didn't review well at all. 

My thinking behind the tiers was largely based on how I believe MS would view them internally. Mojang obviously doesn't make exclusives, so they're not a sexy headline maker, but they are a big money maker. 

shikamaru317 said:
I really hope that we get Costume Quest 3 next from Double Fine after Psychonauts 2. Costume Quest is my favorite of their IP's.

ugh I hope not. First one was enjoyable but the second one was so disappointing. I love turn based RPGs but the gameplay is so simplistic in this series, extremely boring.

Headlander on the other hand was really good.

shikamaru317 said:

Something else I'd really like to see from Double Fine is a sequel to Brutal Legend, I'm sure that Jack Black is still interested. Tim Schafer teased a sequel back in 2017 as I recall. 

Yes!!!!

We know Phil is a fan of Led Zeppelin so I'm sure he'd love another heavy-rock game. And they should cast Bruce Dickinson this time as well.

One can dream. 

Honestly I'd put Rare as a top tier studio.

jason1637 said:
Honestly I'd put Rare as a top tier studio.

If I personally ranked them, I would also.