By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I still hope for September. Cyberpunk as a launch title would be massive.

Around the Network

OMG that Ancestral Ship Set is so damn cool!

If twitter trends are anything to go by, Xbox definitely got a much bigger attention boost from this whole PS5 deep dive than the actual PS.

shikamaru317 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:
I still hope for September. Cyberpunk as a launch title would be massive.

For sure. Would probably play Cyberpunk before Halo Infinite honestly. 

Edit: On 2nd thought, I would probably play Halo campaign first, since it will be much shorter. Then play a mix of Cyberpunk SP and Halo MP until I beat Cyberpunk. Then move on to AC Ragnarok or Watch Dogs Legion from Ubisoft for my SP time. 

I would definitely play Halo Infinite first. Simply because it will be on Game Pass and I'm not going to buy full priced games ever again :P

I still think about buying Series X in 2020 if I earn enough reward points. But other than 1st party Game Pass games and BC games (lots of 4k updates please), I probably won't play any next gen 3rd party games for the first 6 months. Well, there are probably a few next gen indie games releasing on Game Pass during that time frame.

Surge 2 on Gamepass nice! Hopefully they add GreedFall and Code Vein soon.

Around the Network

It's always annoyed me actually that launch consoles don't get LE versions I'm usually there day one or close to launch and would willing pay more for a epic LE console but I won't buy one a few years down the line if I already bought the console.

Cerebralbore101 said:

I'll respond to the rest of what you said tomorrow, but for now I gotta ask. You built a spare PC in 2010, didn't upgrade a single thing since, and are claiming that after throwing a next gen card in it, it will be able to outperform a Series X? Is that right?

November 2011 to be exact.
Only upgrade is the GPU.

shikamaru317 said:

PS5 XSX
CPU 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency) 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.8GHz (3.6GHz with SMT)
GPU 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency) 12 TFLOPs, 52 CUs at 1.825GHz
GPU Architecture Custom RDNA 2 Custom RDNA 2
Memory/Interface 16GB GDDR6/256-bit 16GB GDDR6
Memory Bandwidth 448GB/s 10GB at 560GB/s, 6GB at 336GB/s
Internal Storage Custom 825GB SSD 1 TB SSD
IO Throughput 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed) 2.4GB/s (Raw), 4.8GB/s (Compressed)
Expandable Storage NVMe SSD Slot External Expansion Slot
External Storage USB HDD Support USB 3.2 HDD Support
Optical Drive 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive

The CPU's are nearly tied with XSX having the slight edge. XSX has the edge on GPU. PS5 RAM speed falls in between the 2 XSX RAM speeds. PS5 has a much faster SSD, roughly double the speed of XSX.

The Xbox Series X definitely has the edge.

The CPU might be faster/slower, we need information on caches and so forth before we can give either console the crown... But with Sony having a variable clockrate depending on TDP demands, I would imagine developers will prioritize the GPU, giving the Xbox Series X a sizable advantage in CPU tasks overall.

Still need more information though. Xbox Gamers would be super happy though... And Microsoft gets to still claim they have "the most powerful console ever".

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I'll respond to the rest of what you said tomorrow, but for now I gotta ask. You built a spare PC in 2010, didn't upgrade a single thing since, and are claiming that after throwing a next gen card in it, it will be able to outperform a Series X? Is that right?

Only upgrade is the GPU.

Parts, and cost list please. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Pemalite said:

Only upgrade is the GPU.

Core i7 3930K. 6 cores, 12 threads. @5ghz. Under water.
ASUS Saberooth x79.
32GB DDR3 1866mhz Ram in a quad-channel configuration. (Equivalent to 32GB DDR4 in 3733mhz dual channel)
4x Crucial MX500 1TB SSD in RAID.
2x Radeon RX 580's overclocked. (Will be upgrading to a Geforce 3000 series or Radeon RX 6000 series when they release.)

I remember paying $480 AUD for the CPU because it was a bargain, but that's about it.
The Xbox One X for instance was $650 AUD. - I would imagine the Xbox Series X to be about that price point.
And I spent $500 on the Xbox 360.

In theory I could drop in a 10 core processor @3.5Ghz, but probably not. Clockrate wins. This is a golden chip that hasn't suffered from electromigration as of yet.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Core i7 3930K. 6 cores, 12 threads. @5ghz. Under water.
ASUS Saberooth x79.
32GB DDR3 1866mhz Ram in a quad-channel configuration. (Equivalent to 32GB DDR4 in 3733mhz dual channel)
4x Crucial MX500 1TB SSD in RAID.
2x Radeon RX 580's overclocked. (Will be upgrading to a Geforce 3000 series or Radeon RX 6000 series when they release.)

I remember paying $480 AUD for the CPU because it was a bargain, but that's about it.
The Xbox One X for instance was $650 AUD. - I would imagine the Xbox Series X to be about that price point.
And I spent $500 on the Xbox 360.

In theory I could drop in a 10 core processor @3.5Ghz, but probably not. Clockrate wins. This is a golden chip that hasn't suffered from electromigration as of yet.

Sounds like something that cost you $3000 USD to build initially. Of course you'll be able to slap a next gen card in it and beat a Series X. Hell, I bet the CPU + custom water cooling was a grand by itself. Or did you get this overclock with an AIO?

Didn't Radeon 580 launch in 2017 though?

Hasn't suffered from such extreme overclocking yet? So are you saying you won the RNG CPU lottery with this one?