By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
smroadkill15 said:
trunkswd said:
I just realized. I have a laptop with Windows 10 and have Game Pass. I wonder if any games will run on it. I'm falling behind in my goal of getting to 100k gamerscore by the end of 2020. This makes me wish I had my Xbox with me...or saw the $200 Xbox One X deal before it sold out.

I literally made the same goal to reach 100k before the end of the year. I need to average 1000 GS a month, but I've already fallen behind. 

I made a similar goal. 100k by series x launch. 

I'm at 94k atm but have barely played anything since January... 

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yep!

I actually think they'll be more likely to reveal it early now that we know Series X is more powerful than PS5, I still think price would come later but I think it would have been a bad look if they revealed two consoles both weaker than PS5 without showing the price of Lockhart.

I hope Lockhart is real, but isn't as weak as rumors suggest. For it to be worth it it needs to be $200 cheaper and I think slightly weaker specs and no disc drive would be enough for that. 

What if it is only 4tflops like the rumours suggest but when games are shown on the hardware, it's 1080p 60 with the same or just below settings? Would that change your opinion? 

Are you planning on getting a series x? 

I'm so excited for the XSX! I have the original X1 and been using my 32" LG TV from 2010. It works well for what it is, but I'm ready for the jump. It's going to be such a huge leap for me! I need to find a good 4k tv for gaming that won't break the bank.

trunkswd said:
smroadkill15 said:
I'm so excited for the XSX! I have the original X1 and been using my 32" LG TV from 2010. It works well for what it is, but I'm ready for the jump. It's going to be such a huge leap for me! I need to find a good 4k tv for gaming that won't break the bank.

4K tvs have dropped in price by a lot. You could probably find a decent sized one for well under $400. 

That's the part I'm happy about. I want to find one with 120Hz refresh rate. I don't want to spend more than $600. 

Ryuu96 said:
smroadkill15 said:

I'm excited for the upgrade too, still on Xbox One S so the jump is going to be big, also my TV is still 1080p so I'll have to upgrade that too.

Only issue is I'm hearing all this stuff about HDMI 2.1 and I'm conflicted, I don't want an LG because of burn in so I'll get a Sony or Samsung but both of them dropped the ball when it comes to HDMI 2.1 and barely anyone has them, I don't want to fork out on a super expensive TV either.

So basically is HDMI 2.1 really going to be worth it.

I think my tv is 720p native. I have to be pretty close to it if I need to read on screen text especially with my crappy vision. 

I've been hearing the same thing about HDMI 2.1. The problem is, they all seem to be ridiculously expensive. I'll probably pass on it. I'm not very familiar with the LG problem. Is this a problem with most of their tv's or newer ones? 

Around the Network

I been having my LG B8 for over a year and I have not experienced burn in yet. B series is the best budget OLED you can find in the market.

shikamaru317 said:

https://twitter.com/dynamic_voltage/status/1241508368906219520?s=21

An indie dev is announcing a Series X exclusive this week which will run at native 4K/120 FPS. 

Jez teases a Lockhart reveal a few days ago. Wonder if we could get a mini digital show where they announce Series S and a few next gen games?

I hope so. MS still needs to announce the Infinite beta if they plan on moving forward with it. I could use some Halo under quarantine.

Another game beaten. Vampyr can now leave Game Pass for all I care.

Good game but I can think of a few improvements. The game definitely needs a quick travel method and/or a proper system to navigate you through the city. I was getting lost so often and the map didn't help much. Even without my inability to find my way, there is a ton of backtracking in the game.

The vampire abilities are a bit disappointing. While you have vampire vision and see the blood of your enemies there isn't much else you can activate outside of combat. You can mind fuck civilians once you find out secrets about them but you can't really force them to do something they don't want. Also there's no flying or climbing up buildings and rushing over the roofs.

Story was passable but didn't really grab me. Combat was fine but also not that exciting.

7.5/10

shikamaru317 said:

An indie dev is announcing a Series X exclusive this week which will run at native 4K/120 FPS. 

Jez teased a Lockhart reveal a few days ago. Wonder if we could get a mini digital show where they announce Series S and a few next gen games?

I was more interested in the Twitter comments...outside of Vgchartz the internet is convinced the Series X had a sizeable performance lead on PS5 and the ssd talk is just hot air more or less. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

shikamaru317 said:

After looking at footage of their games "Pirates of First Star" and "Final Star" I'm not interested at all.