By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Mnementh said:
Farsala said:

All correctly guessed :).

15- Age of Mythology

14- Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII

13- Dynasty Tactics 2

Been busy and on hiatus, but it is finally the weekend and a little bit more time. Here are my paragraph hints...

12- This game was originally a PS2 exclusive and is the start of a great series of games. Like game #13 it features tactical gameplay. The series most recent entry on the PS4 was one of the reasons I bothered to buy a PS4. Luckily for Switch owners, this game and its most recent entry also graced the system and hopefully factored in a few of their purchases.

11- While the first game was more action based, this game tried to mimic Pokemon with turn based combat. Except instead of it being 1v1, it was 3v3. Even capturing was similar with using certain items that increase the probability of capture. The more unique features were the odd dungeon crawling design and the level capping, without meeting certain conditions.

10- While not turn based combat like the first 10 games, this entry still features strategy in its gameplay. There are 6 characters and a few guest characters to join you, often when I got guest characters to join I would grind up my main 3 and my off team of 3 by doing the side quest hunts. While doing some of these side quests I would happen upon random bosses and after beating them, be able to summon them.

#12: Disgaea

#10: Final Fantasy XII

Correct on both.

Around the Network

#12 - Donkey Kong Country (SNES): I had all DKC games for SNES in my childhood. Even if DKC1 doesn't have many secrets, and the gameplay is pretty simple, it's still an amazing game. The graphics and soundtrack are really good, I'm pretty sure the trilogy had some of the best musics for SNES. Still very nostalgic for me.

#11 - A Dragon collecting orbs.

My next three hints:

1. Pokemon for PS3

2. The climax of the game sees the heroine going Mama Bear on the big bad.

3. The Western Front as it might have been depicted by Studio Ghibli

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Darashiva said:
We're already this close to the top ten, so here's are the first hints for the next five games on my list:
-The main characters entire existence before the start of the game was as a dream
#9:
-Fires fade, and the unkindled rise from their graves to seek the lords who fled their duty
#8:
-Welcome, good hunter
#7:
-An organization called Ouroboros puts its plans in motion, just as our two main characters begin their journey to become true Bracers.
#6:
-As the giants of these cursed lands fall, the chains of a demon begin to break

10. Final Fantasy X

9. Dark Souls 3

8. Bloodborne

6. Demon's Souls

Correct on 10, 9, and 8, not on 6.

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
We're already this close to the top ten, so here's are the first hints for the next five games on my list:

#7:
-An organization called Ouroboros puts its plans in motion, just as our two main characters begin their journey to become true Bracers.
#6:

7. Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter

6. Sounds like Shadow of the Colossus

SanAndreasX said:
Darashiva said:

#7:
#6:

7. Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter

6. Sounds like Shadow of the Colossus

Correct on both.

Unguessed

Probably the funniest game I ever played. And funny, if it's done well, is a good thing. In this game it's definitely done well. In the very beginning the developers wanted to make a 'normal', 'serious' game. That would have been a mistake, and it would've made the game drown in the vast sea of forgettable games. However, the developers decided it was funnier to have patients in your hospital that have a bloated head for a disease. Or a big tongue. Or look like Elvis. The game isn't that long, but gets quite challenging in later levels. This mostly comes from the epidemics, which can make or break your reputation. I failed many times because of a bad handling of an epidemic. This game actually caused an epidemic, because at some point most people in my immediate vicinity were playing it; my aunt, my mother, my cousin, my best friend... Good times.

The top 10. Things get interesting now. The games in here have a meaning to me beyond simply being excellent. I thought Theme Hospital would be guessed, but it didn't. This next one will though. Everyone here knows it.

#10: This huge open world game takes most of it's inspiration from it 30 year old parent. Even the official artwork references this fact.

S.Peelman said:
The top 10. Things get interesting now. The games in here have a meaning to me beyond simply being excellent. I thought Theme Hospital would be guessed, but it didn't. This next one will though. Everyone here knows it.

#10: This huge open world game takes most of it's inspiration from it 30 year old parent. Even the official artwork references this fact.

I think you're right on the bolded. So the fastest gun in the west wins here. And I say Breath of the Wild.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]