By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 on Switch vs PS4 - The Complete Tech Breakdown DIgital Foundry Videos

Tagged games:

Is it a good port

Yes 32 58.18%

No 9 16.36%

It's an OK 14 25.45%

Total:55

Awesome from CDPR,hope it sells well !

Played it on PS4 and might play it again some day on the switch,never played it on the PS4 for the "performance" but for the immersion and the switch version will give me immersion + portability.
Graphics are not the most important thing for a good number of people and the sales might show that later on so who are we to decide it shouldnt exist for others to enjoy?

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Witcher 3 on switch having the same graphics would be impossible or are you just delusional? Witcher 3 on switch isnt 240p/15fps and everyone knows you were wrong. 

Yup, if they push graphic even more and even reduce the resolution to... let say 240p, even 190p with 10-15fps, Switch ver in handheld mode with small screen will look very close to ps4 ver

DonFerrari said:

With magic dust perhaps

Yeah, just like when you was piss off at ps4 pro for being too weak to even run Witcher 3 at 60fps like this time? You definitely did show how mad you are when witcher 3 couldn't run at 60fps on ps4/ps4 pro like you just showed this time with Switch, right?

Chrkeller said:

Some people aren't mature enough to admit an error.  

Like when he made up about the word "impossible" while i didn't even write it? Did he even admit that he was wrong about it? Just like the last time, he also said this and i laughed at him like crazy for that made up thing. If mature is like him then no thank, i'd rather be a child, way way way better and superior

I don't remember praising Witcher 3 PS4Pro version, would you kindly quote me on it?

I think I'll have to say again so it sinks for you and all your personal attacks when you reply to me, I don't care about 60fps and even drops below 30fps in most games/situations aren't a problem for me.

Also I don't like Witcher 3, and didn't found the graphics on it to be anything impressive even on PS4Pro.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The majority who buy this game on the Switch as probably already played it and just wanted a portable version.....like me.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
The majority who buy this game on the Switch as probably already played it and just wanted a portable version.....like me.

I find it hard to believe over 50% of the buyers will be double dippers, that is just gigantic proportion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Random_Matt said:
Why does this thread exist? If people accept and enjoy the game, then that's cool. I certainly wouldn't play it, but I do not make threads claiming so.

The thread is about Digital Foundrys breakdown of the game. There are other threads for DF-analysis of games. People are interested in this stuff. You claim the content of the thread is something different, which kinda baffles mee. It is right there in the OP and the title.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Random_Matt said:
Why does this thread exist? If people accept and enjoy the game, then that's cool. I certainly wouldn't play it, but I do not make threads claiming so.

The thread is about Digital Foundrys breakdown of the game. There are other threads for DF-analysis of games. People are interested in this stuff. You claim the content of the thread is something different, which kinda baffles mee. It is right there in the OP and the title.

And the 2 main things this site have been around for is basically sales discussion and game comparison. So not sure why question this type of thread.

Even more when they say on the video that the port (even with all shortcomings) is a fantastic job. Although myself I would prefer they weren't comparing it to other platforms since the gap is big and buyers of the platforms are mostly ac-knowledgeable of the differences.

Radek said:
Jpcc86 said:

Well, thats a shame. 

Then blame Nintendo for making Switch too weak, not Saber or CDPR.

Nintendo could have waited until Holidays 2017 and include Tegra X2 instead.

This is a stellar port, nothing more, nothing less.

Radek said:
Jpcc86 said:

Well, thats a shame. 

Then blame Nintendo for making Switch too weak, not Saber or CDPR.

Nintendo could have waited until Holidays 2017 and include Tegra X2 instead.

This is a stellar port, nothing more, nothing less.

The design of the Switch started in 2015-2016. 

Tegra X1 was the most powerfull portable SOC at the time.

Yes now we can find SOC has powerfull as an Xbox One or a basic PS4, but nobody is ready to pay a premium for this experience.

Power comes at a price, I don't want to pay $500 for a console, including the Switch. For $300 the Switch has plenty of power. BotW and Mario Odyssey both look and play great.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Witcher 3 on switch having the same graphics would be impossible or are you just delusional? Witcher 3 on switch isnt 240p/15fps and everyone knows you were wrong. 

Yup, if they push graphic even more and even reduce the resolution to... let say 240p, even 190p with 10-15fps, Switch ver in handheld mode with small screen will look very close to ps4 ver

DonFerrari said:

With magic dust perhaps

Yeah, just like when you was piss off at ps4 pro for being too weak to even run Witcher 3 at 60fps like this time? You definitely did show how mad you are when witcher 3 couldn't run at 60fps on ps4/ps4 pro like you just showed this time with Switch, right?

Chrkeller said:

Some people aren't mature enough to admit an error.  

Like when he made up about the word "impossible" while i didn't even write it? Did he even admit that he was wrong about it? Just like the last time, he also said this and i laughed at him like crazy for that made up thing. If mature is like him then no thank, i'd rather be a child, way way way better and superior

This post right here. Are you sure you're not a child? You saying the game would run 240p/15fps. That is the definition of impossible because that would be unplayable

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I don't remember praising Witcher 3 PS4Pro version, would you kindly quote me on it?

I think I'll have to say again so it sinks for you and all your personal attacks when you reply to me, I don't care about 60fps and even drops below 30fps in most games/situations aren't a problem for me.

Also I don't like Witcher 3, and didn't found the graphics on it to be anything impressive even on PS4Pro.

Then why are you here and attack Switch ver for being 25-30fps?

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 16 October 2019