By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Witcher 3 on Switch is a good port or not ?

How does look Witcher 3 on Switch

Definitely crap, too blurry and downgraded 14 21.88%

Like what we could expect, no surprise 7 10.94%

A bit better than what we could expect 11 17.19%

It is much beyond what an... 24 37.50%

It is the most incredible... 8 12.50%

Total:64

Huh, DF has made an analysis on the final product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUHNowimzDA

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Huh, DF has made an analysis on the final product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUHNowimzDA

I made a thread 

d21lewis said:
Radek said:

How can people complain about this while praising blurry corridor shooter Doom?

Those same people hated Doom, too. They'll hate anything rather than appreciate what we have here.

Digital foundry says it's the best looking water on Switch and it has all the same effects as console and PC versions!

Radek said:
d21lewis said:

Those same people hated Doom, too. They'll hate anything rather than appreciate what we have here.

Digital foundry says it's the best looking water on Switch and it has all the same effects as console and PC versions!

Have not watched the video, but you can see in my screen shots above, the lighting and shadow effects are really clearly there and in full effect.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Not gonna lie, I had written off Witcher 3 for years as more Western AAA garbage.  Just recently I found out the developers were the same people who do gog.com.  Now all of the sudden I want this game.  I might hate it, I might love it, but I want to give it a try, because I've never played a game from a Polish studio before, and I also want to send some money their way.

Right now, I'm playing DQ XI.  After that I'm playing Link's Awakening, which means I'll probably pick up Witcher 3 around the holidays.

Around the Network
Radek said:
d21lewis said:

Yes it has,  but a lot cut back as well and low quality asset and frames rates drop and the resolution is dynamic 

As pretty as it is on stronger platforms, I was always under the impression Witcher 3 is considered great mostly thanks to its gameplay and storytelling rather than its graphics.

Anyway, I guess I'll find out soon enough; EB Games opens in 55 minutes, so I'm about to wander on down and pick up my copy.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 October 2019

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

As pretty as it is on stronger platforms, I was always under the impression Witcher 3 is considered great mostly thanks to its gameplay and story rather than its graphics.

Anyway, I guess I'll find out soon enough; EB Games opens in 55 minutes, so I'm about to wander on down and pick up my copy.

I wouldn't say overall grand story per se, more of a lot of smaller storylines that are really excellent. And the world building is excellent as well.
As for gameplay, there are plenty of people that don't like it much, but I find it quite good and its combat very satisfactory, if you know what you're doing.

On the other hand, I could go on for hours what's no so good about it (from RPG perspective), but overall it's quite solid experience, though massively overhyped (like some other games in this fictive open-world "genre").

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

As pretty as it is on stronger platforms, I was always under the impression Witcher 3 is considered great mostly thanks to its gameplay and story rather than its graphics.

I wouldn't say overall grand story per se, more of a lot of smaller storylines that are really excellent. And the world building is excellent as well.
As for gameplay, there are plenty of people that don't like it much, but I find it quite good and its combat very satisfactory, if you know what you're doing.

On the other hand, I could go on for hours what's no so good about it (from RPG perspective), but overall it's quite solid experience, though massively overhyped (like some other games in this fictive open-world "genre").

That's fair enough. I think it's a game I'll likely really enjoy, having watched a lot of gameplay. (And having thoroughly enjoyed Witcher 2)

I just got home with my copy; will fire it up after breakfast and post impressions.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Alrighty, played through the first hour.

It's not pretty. But we already knew it wouldn't be. 

The important thing is, its still very playable; not one of those janky ports where the whole experience just seems laggy, buggy and slipshod. Characters still feel about as responsive as you'd expect of a typical 30fps adventure game, enemy tells and relevant objects are still readable in spite of the lower resolution, there's never the sense that the technical cutbacks get in the way of playing it, basically.