By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When are you buying the PS5?

When are you picking it up?

Pre-ordering ASAP. 39 23.78%

Launch day, launch week or so. 29 17.68%

Nah, first 12 months or so 19 11.59%

I need to see that sequel... 12 7.32%

Eventualy after some deal 27 16.46%

No clue 38 23.17%

Total:164

Last edited by Conina - on 21 September 2020

Around the Network

crazy hearing people say there isn't enough compelling exclusives..

Pre-Ordering ASAP

My first console preorder, first time since PS1 that I buy a console in my country (Brazil).

KratosLives said:

So which compelling PS5-exclusives (so games not available on PS4, Xbox or PC) can we play in November?

Which compelling exclusives can we play until the end of this year?

Not that many.

Around the Network
KratosLives said:

Yeah I don't quite get that at all. Like, The exclusives we expect to see in the first year or so of the console's life is EASILY the strongest I've seen in ANY console EVER. Even better than the Switch, which had an absolutely phenomenal first year. 

Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a sequel to a blockbuster game that is considered possibly one of the best superhero games ever and a 10+ million seller. 

God of War Ragnarok is a sequel to the best-selling and highest-reviewed God of War game, another 10+ million seller that might be a near-perfect game. 

Horizon: The Forbidden West is a sequel to a 10+ million seller of a new-IP, which was also critically hailed and a new IP, so it shows willingness to grow. 

Ratchet & Clank Rift apart is an absolutely outstanding-looking game and a fantastic show of what the PS5 can do as well as being a sequel to a beloved franchise.

Demon's Souls Remake is a stellar-looking remake of a PS3 classic, and another in a long line of PS-exclusive games (And one of my most anticipated.

There are many more but those five alone are all absolute megaton announcements for me. This is even bigger to me than the stellar Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario 3D, and Splatoon games on Switch's opening year. There are many more PS5 exclusives - be they console exclusives, true exclusives, brand exclusives, or timed exclusives - that have been announced, and almost all of them look great or at least good. Anyone saying the console lacks exclusives either has some VERY specific needs that aren't being met, are super cynical and just hate like 95% of what's out there, or are Xbox folks just trying to downplay the absolutely outstanding games that are currently announced. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Conina said:
KratosLives said:

So which compelling PS5-exclusives (so games not available on PS4, Xbox or PC) can we play in November?

Which compelling exclusives can we play until the end of this year?

Not that many.

What games can we play on Xbox that you can't play anywhere else? Literally none. Not a single thing. 

At least Sony has Demon's Souls. when the ratio is 1:0 in favour of Sony, it's still the better option. and this is about 'when are you buying PS5?' not 'Are you buying PS5 at launch'. Launches rarely have super compelling games that are 100% exclusive. Even the Nintendo Switch - which had one of the best first years ever if not the singular best first year of any console - only launched with one megaton of a game...that was also out on WiiU. (Zelda: Breath of the Wild). Don't get me wrong, I DO think the PS5's launch looks like one of the better launches in history even with Miles Morales being cross-gen, but the question needs to be less of  'what can I literally ONLY play on this console' and more 'what experiences can I have only on this console'. I bet stuff like Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West and others are going to be far more impressive on PS5 than they are PS4. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Don't get me wrong, I DO think the PS5's launch looks like one of the better launches in history even with Miles Morales being cross-gen, but the question needs to be less of  'what can I literally ONLY play on this console' and more 'what experiences can I have only on this console'. I bet stuff like Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West and others are going to be far more impressive on PS5 than they are PS4. 

Well, if this aspect is enough for the "exclusive tag" there are thousands of additional exclusives on PC.

All those "60-fps-exclusives", "100-fps-exclusives", "native-4K-exclusives", "mouse-exclusives", "ultra-widescreen-exclusives"... so all those multi-platform games with experiences we can have only on PC, far more impressive than the console versions.

Conina said:
Runa216 said:

Don't get me wrong, I DO think the PS5's launch looks like one of the better launches in history even with Miles Morales being cross-gen, but the question needs to be less of  'what can I literally ONLY play on this console' and more 'what experiences can I have only on this console'. I bet stuff like Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West and others are going to be far more impressive on PS5 than they are PS4. 

Well, if this aspect is enough for the "exclusive tag" there are thousands of additional exclusives on PC.

All those "60-fps-exclusives", "100-fps-exclusives", "native-4K-exclusives", "mouse-exclusives", "ultra-widescreen-exclusives"... so all those multi-platform games with experiences we can have only on PC, far more impressive than the console versions.

In that sense they are exclusive to

$700 computer, $1000 computer, $1500 computer, $2800 computer, $4000 computer etc.

So while true you can have the unique experiences, it is obviously a price to pay.

Sold my LE TLOU2 pro console and pre ordered last week. Have a big collection of PS4 games that I want to play again enhanced!!