By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When are you buying the PS5?

When are you picking it up?

Pre-ordering ASAP. 39 23.78%

Launch day, launch week or so. 29 17.68%

Nah, first 12 months or so 19 11.59%

I need to see that sequel... 12 7.32%

Eventualy after some deal 27 16.46%

No clue 38 23.17%

Total:164
asqarkabab said:
When its 299 euros

With the S price I almost started thinking about not pre-ordering PS5 and getting the S instead. Waiting a few months before getting the PS5 with the games I want.

But the X coming with the monthly plan is quite tempting. I'm tempted now to preorder both PS5 and the X on the monthly plan.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Probably within the first year of release.

The only way I am not getting it at launch is a) It's out of stock or b) disc version is $600

I doubt it will be B though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

0D0 said:
asqarkabab said:
When its 299 euros

With the S price I almost started thinking about not pre-ordering PS5 and getting the S instead. Waiting a few months before getting the PS5 with the games I want.

But the X coming with the monthly plan is quite tempting. I'm tempted now to preorder both PS5 and the X on the monthly plan.

When i heard about the Xbox monthly plan and the series S power and price i choose to go xbox this gen and buy a ps5 when it gets cheap and there are games attract me right now there are only to games that i want to play and the 499 to play this three are too much and maybe sony will do the same with a monthly plan because it seems Gamestop will do it aswell in the US 

I hope here in mainland europe we will get it aswell

Preordering is in my opinion dumb because who cares what date i get my console delivered after some months the consoles will become a part of our gaming life and no one cares anymore 

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

asqarkabab said:

When i heard about the Xbox monthly plan and the series S power and price i choose to go xbox this gen and buy a ps5 when it gets cheap and there are games attract me right now there are only to games that i want to play and the 499 to play this three are too much and maybe sony will do the same with a monthly plan because it seems Gamestop will do it aswell in the US 

Do you already have an active GamePass subscription?

Otherwise you can save a lot of money buying a Series S or Series X plus 2 years XBL Gold, then upgrading the XBL Gold period for €1 to Gamepass Ultimate.

12 months XBL Gold cost around €25 - €40€ (VPN for activation) or €50 - €60 (key for the German market).

Activating the XBL Gold keys you should also get 2 bonus months plus the Ultimate upgrade month... so even 27 months.

• Xbox Series S "All Access" (including 24 months GP Ultimate) probably €600 (25 € x 24 months)
  • 299 € (Xbox Series S) + ~€110 (24 - 27 months XBL Gold Germany) + €1 (Ultimate upgrade) = €410
  • 299 € (Xbox Series S) + ~€70 (24 - 27 months XBL Gold VPN) + €1 (Ultimate upgrade) = €370

• Xbox Series X "All Access" (including 2 years GP Ultimate) probably €840 (35 € x 24 months)
  • 499 € (Xbox Series S) + ~€110 (24 - 27 months XBL Gold Germany) + €1 (Ultimate upgrade) = €610
  • 499 € (Xbox Series S) + ~€70 (24 - 27 months XBL Gold VPN) + €1 (Ultimate upgrade) = €570

So you can save €190 to €270 compared to the All-Access subscription.

Around the Network
Conina said:
asqarkabab said:

Do you already have an active GamePass subscription?

Otherwise you can save a lot of money buying a Series S or Series X plus 2 years XBL Gold, then upgrading the XBL Gold period for €1 to Gamepass Ultimate.

12 months XBL Gold cost around €25 - €40€ (VPN for activation) or €50 - €60 (key for the German market).

Activating the XBL Gold keys you should also get 2 bonus months plus the Ultimate upgrade month... so even 27 months.

• Xbox Series S "All Access" (including 24 months GP Ultimate) probably €600 (25 € x 24 months)
  • 299 € (Xbox Series S) + ~€110 (24 - 27 months XBL Gold Germany) + €1 (Ultimate upgrade) = €410
  • 299 € (Xbox Series S) + ~€70 (24 - 27 months XBL Gold VPN) + €1 (Ultimate upgrade) = €370

• Xbox Series X "All Access" (including 2 years GP Ultimate) probably €840 (35 € x 24 months)
  • 499 € (Xbox Series S) + ~€110 (24 - 27 months XBL Gold Germany) + €1 (Ultimate upgrade) = €610
  • 499 € (Xbox Series S) + ~€70 (24 - 27 months XBL Gold VPN) + €1 (Ultimate upgrade) = €570

So you can save €190 to €270 compared to the All-Access subscription.

No i dont have subscriptions et all because im not interested in streaming services or online gaming behind a paywall 

But i must admit the monthtly payment attracted me so much to get a xss let see what sony does with the ps5 and theyre not arrogant and idiotic like the ps3 era and  give such a payment model aswell 

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

The thing will probably be super overpriced in my country (the XSX will cost $14000 pesos at launch in my country ), so I'll wait until it drops to a more or less affordable price (like 8000 pesos would be affordable enough for me) and it has at least 10-15 games that truly interest me. Also, not interested in a digital-only console even if it's cheaper .

Farsala said:
I could easily buy it day 1, but I have a large enough backlog to last me 2 years. So unless I see something mind blowing like FFXVI or some other, I can wait.

To update, 11 months later and there is nothing on the PS5 that interests me greatly. I usually like to wait until there is at least 5 games I want, so it seems I will have to wait a long time now.

Farsala said:
Farsala said:
I could easily buy it day 1, but I have a large enough backlog to last me 2 years. So unless I see something mind blowing like FFXVI or some other, I can wait.

To update, 11 months later and there is nothing on the PS5 that interests me greatly. I usually like to wait until there is at least 5 games I want, so it seems I will have to wait a long time now.

I'd love to hear more from others who posted here months ago to see if they changed their minds too.

I'm still ok picking that up asap, because the games I'll want will come and when they come PS5 will still have the same price tag anyway and since it's back comp, I will have 2 rooms playing ps4 games. Good for family fun.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I don't see myself getting a PS5 until I can get a really good deal on one. Maybe holiday 2024 or 2025? The PS4 had very few games that I liked. The PS5 would have to pull out an impressive surprise for me to want to get one sooner.