By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When are you buying the PS5?

When are you picking it up?

Pre-ordering ASAP. 39 23.78%

Launch day, launch week or so. 29 17.68%

Nah, first 12 months or so 19 11.59%

I need to see that sequel... 12 7.32%

Eventualy after some deal 27 16.46%

No clue 38 23.17%

Total:164
BraLoD said:
Farsala said:
I could easily buy it day 1, but I have a large enough backlog to last me 2 years. So unless I see something mind blowing like FFXVI or some other, I can wait.

FF8R?

That would be fun, but I am not a fan of remasters in general. FF8-2 would also be quite interesting.

Around the Network

Barring some Xbone reveal type of bullshittery, I’ll buy one a year or so after launch when there’s a nice bundle like I did with PS4.

Close to launch, but not launch day. I'm not dealing with long lines, standing around people who are laying face-down in filth on the sidewalk, then a switch is flipped and it's waves of onrushing savages.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I just got a PS4 Pro in July 2019. So I'm not in a rush. Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will give me a push to pick up the console. If that takes a while, I'll probably wait for a price cut or Black Friday deal.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

BraLoD said:
Farsala said:

That would be fun, but I am not a fan of remasters in general. FF8-2 would also be quite interesting.

I'm talking about a full remake like FF7 is getting.

Wouldn't it make you jump out of your chair?

I guess it would depend on how hype the reveal is. FF7R was pretty hype and I will probably get it day 1, but it didn't quite make me jump out of my chair. FF8R, FF8-2, FFX-3 or FFXVI and etc. would all pretty equally get me to buy the PS5, but we all know how slow SE is.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Close to launch, but not launch day. I'm not dealing with long lines, standing around people who are laying face-down in filth on the sidewalk, then a switch is flipped and it's waves of onrushing savages.

Is this still a thing? Just preorder it on Amazon (or some other online shop) and let it deliver to your home at launch day.

The last time I left the house for a console launch was 2006 when I picked up my preordered Wii... and even then I didn't have to wait in the store (or in front of the store).

Pre Ordering most likely as soon as it is available. The only console maker I do not buy day one for is XBox.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Just give me enhanced 100% ps4 backwards compatibility, and day one for sure!

Depends on if it is going to be my main console or not. If it is my main I’m sure I’ll get it pretty quickly. If it isn’t then I will want until there is an exclusive I really want to play.

Already pre order it.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil