Forums - Sony Discussion - When are you buying the PS5?

When are you picking it up?

Pre-ordering ASAP. 25 21.55%

Launch day, launch week or so. 22 18.97%

Nah, first 12 months or so 14 12.07%

I need to see that sequel... 11 9.48%

Eventualy after some deal 16 13.79%

No clue 28 24.14%

Total:116

Because of price in country I probably will buy around April 2021 when in USA.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

As soon as something like Persona 6, or Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part ? come out for it.
A good fighting game, or a new Monster Hunter would also be compelling.

I don't necessarily need a large number of good games to be out beforehand, because with any Playstation you already know what kind of games it will get.

Last edited by Hiku - on 11 October 2019

Maybe I'll wait for the PS5 Pro. More realistically, I'll wait until there's a game I really really want that's exclusive to the PS5.

Signature goes here!

Probably I'll preorder one as soon as possible regardless of the games.
If I don't want it at launch, I can still cancel the preorder or sell it with a slight profit.

Worked for me, when the PS4 launched and most of the games I wanted were delayed:

In November 2013 I got the preordered PS4 for €399 and sold it through for €565 (minus €51 eBay and shipping costs).
In February 2014 my preordered Killzone-PS4-bundle arrived for €504 (including KZ: Shadowfall, a second DualShock4 and the PS-camera) and sold that extra stuff for a total of €145 (minus €12 eBay and shipping costs); of course I played through the game first.

Normally I would have canceled the preorder of the first PS4, but that would also have canceled my preorder of DriveClub for €20.

So eventually I got my PS4 in February 2014 for €256 and DriveClub at its release for €20:
399 + 504 + 51 + 12 - 565 - 145 = 256

Gunna preorder and stand in line

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Dulfite said:

Wait seriously? You can play PS4 with Xbox 360 controller? Or GameCube? Or Switch Pro?

That would be a game changer for me if true.

Company named Brook makes some adapters to use 360/XBO controllers on PS4 but they're quite expensive, £30-£40. link

There are also many officially licensed controllers:

Oh my goodness I love that top one! I had no idea!

I usually wait around a year after launch before buying a new console, but I might wait less for the PS5, since it will be completely BC with the PS4, which means that I can keep playing the games in my backlog while I wait for the exclusives to drop, with enhanced performance to boot.

I'll probably get one at some point but to be honest I rarely play my PS4 so I'm in no hurry to upgrade. I spend my time on the Switch these days, just for the convenience factor of it.

Made in England

DragonRouge said:
I usually wait around a year after launch before buying a new console, but I might wait less for the PS5, since it will be completely BC with the PS4, which means that I can keep playing the games in my backlog while I wait for the exclusives to drop, with enhanced performance to boot.

That's what I've been thinking. I don't always care about buying it day-one, however with PS4 BC, I may pre-order it this time round.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I'm already camping in front of the BestBuy near my place!