By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When are you buying the PS5?

When are you picking it up?

Pre-ordering ASAP. 39 23.78%

Launch day, launch week or so. 29 17.68%

Nah, first 12 months or so 19 11.59%

I need to see that sequel... 12 7.32%

Eventualy after some deal 27 16.46%

No clue 38 23.17%

Total:164

I still need more infos before I order the PS5.

When is Ratchet & Clank coming out?
Which PS4 exclusives will not only be compatible but also get PS5-enhancements?

Around the Network

I know this is the fanboy answer, but I did exactly what I said I was gonna do. I preordered it this morning with two games and an extra controller. Why? Because Sony has never let me down. the PS1 was a gamechanger, the PS2 was the best-selling home console of all time, the PS3 ended up really great by the end and the Ps4 basically did everything right from top to bottom. Long story short, they won my loyalty by consistently delivering a wide variety of great games, features that matter to me, and the ability to learn from their mistakes.

Nintendo and Sony both have this loyalty from me, because even when they're bad or lacklustre, they still cater to my needs enough to make a console purchase worth it. Their hardware has always been reliable for me, the gimmicks are usually right on the cusp of useful and unique, their exclusives are great, and I love their general mentality.

Honestly, the last half of the PS4's generation might be their strongest, in my personal opinion. Games like Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us, God of War, Spider-Man, and many others are all outstanding and some of them are new IPs, which is good on all fronts. PS5's pre-launch hype has been all positive for me, the games announced to be coming out within the first year are more impressive to me or more likely to appeal to my personal tastes than every Xbox exclusive I've ever seen (Not too into semi-realistic shooters like Halo or Gears and find racing games like Forza pretty boring, while shit like Demon's Souls and Ratchet & Clank are totally up my alley).

They made promises that tickle me right, and they have a history of delivering on those promises, even if it sometimes takes some detours. I've never been disappointed in a Playstation purchase, so I have absolute faith that the PS5 will be no different.

I preordered it and Can't wait to replay some PS4 games (Like Red Dead Redemption 2) in 4K while I wait for the PS5's library to bulk up. For now, Demon's Souls and Miles Morales is a great start with stuff like Kena, Ratchet & Clank, Horizon, and god of War all coming out in the near-ish future. I'm excited and I've never been this high on Sony's potential output.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Bought mine this morning. Now we play the waiting game.

zealen said:
Bought mine this morning. Now we play the waiting game.

Best PS5 exclusive, right there. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Most probably Day One or within a month from Launch.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
Most probably Day One or within a month from Launch.

Best of luck, my man. I feel kinda bad having succeeded at getting a preorder when so many others have not. It's weird. I earned it, I did the work, I waited in line, I whored myself out to afford it, so I deserve it, but seeing all the people who want it and can't get it actually makes me feel kinda bad. Like others would appreciate it more. 

It's a weird feeling. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

When God of War 5 releases, now that I can play Horizon and Spiderman on my Pro.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I will get the cosole maybe when GOW 2 launches or the Sullivan Uncharted game till then i will complete my Backlog of ps4 games and im in no rush for the ps5

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

i need to rob a bank to pick up a console
or rob some1 if they run out of stock hahaha!

Probably within the first 12 months (f. e. when the new Ratchet or GOW games are released).
Maybe earlier if some PS4 games I haven't finished yet show good visual advantages on PS5.

But I think it is time to sell two of my three PS4 controllers now. Also my retail copies of Persona 5, God of War, Uncharted 4 and infamous Second Son (due to the PS+ collection).

If I can get $100 - $120 for the 2 controllers + 4 games it would be a nice incentive to make the PS5 jump earlier than needed.