By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anybody trying to lose weight ? heres my story. of 6 days 7lbs lost

numberwang said:
bowserthedog said:
I've been losing weight off and on over the past 2 or 3 years. I had become obese at 510 pounds. I have lost 160 pounds and am currently weighing 350 pounds. I tried different diets. First was the Keto diet but for me it was far to riggid and I would end up bindge eating at the first hint of failure. 3 months ago a discovered through pain and inflamation (and xrays) that I have oseto arthritis in my knees. The best way to deal with that problem is massively reducing my weight. I had recently been doing some research on what causes the struggles i was having with bindge eating and had been moving towards striat up calorie counting as my weight loss method. The arithritus was the kick in the ass i needed to really focus on the weight loss. Well.. 90 days and 50 pounds later and im still counting calories and zero bindge eating. I treat myself to things i like every day and just add up everything i eat into the my fitness pal app on my iphone. Im on quite a roll and hope to be down close to 300 by years end. And my long term goal is to get under 200 pounds.

Binge eating is quite natural to us and is likely what we have done for millions of years before the 5-meals a day modern routine. One trick is to avoid hyperpalatable processed food (cake, sandwiches, etc.) and only binge on whole foods (steak, eggs, nothing sugary) followed by a 24h fast. You can have your binge if you do the fasting too.

How long has civilization been around?
Mesopotamia is the site of the earliest developments of the Neolithic Revolution from around 10,000 BCE, with civilizations developing from 6,500 years ago.
Source - Google.
Legit wondering if you're serious in this thread or actually joking?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
numberwang said:

Binge eating is quite natural to us and is likely what we have done for millions of years before the 5-meals a day modern routine. One trick is to avoid hyperpalatable processed food (cake, sandwiches, etc.) and only binge on whole foods (steak, eggs, nothing sugary) followed by a 24h fast. You can have your binge if you do the fasting too.

How long has civilization been around?
Mesopotamia is the site of the earliest developments of the Neolithic Revolution from around 10,000 BCE, with civilizations developing from 6,500 years ago.
Source - Google.
Legit wondering if you're serious in this thread or actually joking?

Humans or hominid like the homo erectus are much older than modern agricultural civilization. They have been hunter-gatherers for millions of years (before that scavengers) and eat mostly meat. There was no regular snacking of carbs 5 times a day.

Meat, Cooked Foods Needed for Early Human Brain

https://www.livescience.com/24875-meat-human-brain.html

Neanderthals' main food source was definitely meat

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190219111704.htm

Who Were the Hunter-Gatherers?

https://www.history.com/topics/pre-history/hunter-gatherers

Last edited by numberwang - on 02 September 2019

Ganoncrotch said:
numberwang said:

For thousands of years, beginning with philosophers like Hippocrates, Socrates and Plato, fasting was recommended for health reasons. The Bible writes that Moses and Jesus fasted for 40 days for spiritual renewal.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16513299&t=1567463931844

Did you really cite the Bible as a fact for fasting being a good way to heal? Please take that books advice and don't eat for the next 40 days, I'll check back into this thread in a months time to see how you're getting on. You should be really spiritually renewed, and also obviously dead.

Selective reading and ad hominem.

numberwang said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Did you really cite the Bible as a fact for fasting being a good way to heal? Please take that books advice and don't eat for the next 40 days, I'll check back into this thread in a months time to see how you're getting on. You should be really spiritually renewed, and also obviously dead.

Selective reading and ad hominem.

You are correct I did not read passed you quoting bible as fact in terms of something you could literally follow as a diet/health plan.

As per the type of pre human which existed 2.8 million years, you're talking about monkey with a stick that ate when it could and died when it couldn't, again looking to how a wild animal eats for diet advice isn't great when you want to live into your teens.

But aye I choose to stop reading your posts here after this one, if you believe what you are typing regarding your advice to "fatties" then there isn't much more that I would ask other than you at least warn of the likelyhood of increased heart attacks when it comes to a carb free diet being recommended to others, as well as the decrease in energy and concentration which come with it as well as how the popularity of the Atkins diet collapsed after deaths which came about from it hence why it gets lots of different cool sounding names now while remaining just as dangerous and having such limited gains after the initial drop in weight as well as the bodies reaction to hitting starvation and how that can make your body store fat when food is available.

Correct as well I would say to suggest that I'm attempting to take apart your argument based on your views on this subject as a whole, you are dropping nuggets of advice which people have died following, I think it would be important on a thread based on health to point out a person who is suggesting such things.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/05/29/atkins-diet-may-cause-heart-failure-major-new-protein-study/

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20180828/low-carb-diet-may-up-odds-for-an-early-death#1

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 02 September 2019

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I have reached my ideal weight of 200lbs (91Kg). I actually had to bulk up and put on weight to get there. Now my weight ranges between 195 -203 lbs day to day. Since I've reached my goal I've been trying to set some new fitness objectives. I want to get leaner, so reduce body fat percentage. I also want to become a better runner.

My knees are a war zone. The doctor said I should probably lose weight to relieve the stress on them. Not too interested in that right now though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
I have reached my ideal weight of 200lbs (91Kg). I actually had to bulk up and put on weight to get there. Now my weight ranges between 195 -203 lbs day to day. Since I've reached my goal I've been trying to set some new fitness objectives. I want to get leaner, so reduce body fat percentage. I also want to become a better runner.

My knees are a war zone. The doctor said I should probably lose weight to relieve the stress on them. Not too interested in that right now though.

Maybe try elliptical machine or something you can spin.  Way easier on knees. I should know because I blew out something on knee once on treadmill.  Never had that problem on elliptical.

You probably shouldn't be trying to lose that much weight that quickly. It's about 2lb a week is the general recommended amount I believe. Takes no time to put weight on, but takes a long time to take weight off in those circumstances.

As for the person who said they were losing weight even when eating thousands of calories, might want to go to the DRs and just get checked out. unless you are doing lots of exercise you certainly shouldn't be losing that much weight.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Honestly I've got the opposite problem, I'm way underweight for being 6'3 (like 154 pounds). Any attempt of gaining weight has been unsuccessful.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

That's awesome! Ultimately it's about staying on those whole foods, maintaining a balanced diet and avoiding trans fats, avoiding sugar, an abundance of refined carbs, and alcohol (which I'm currently struggling with a bit lol). If you can at least manage that, you'll be alright, even without busting your ass with physical fitness. 

After my college years around late 2010 I completely went off the rails just binge drinking, smoking, and eating nothing but meatball subs at Subway and Mac and Cheese lol.. Once I got home I decided to do something about it and decided to start kicking my ass. Changed my diet, cut back on alcohol and pizzas at 2 in the morning and worked out 5 days a week - and by 6 months in mid 2011 I melted away 30 pounds. going from over 200 to around 170. 

The real tough part is to KEEP it off. But as long as you stay driven you can do it! 

Sadly, since then I've pretty much wiped away 90% of the progress I made - My labor-intensive grocery gig at Mariano's was pretty much the only thing holding me together, and once I quit that in early 2017 the bottom pretty much fell out again and I'm essentially back to square one. But I'm definitely determined to turn it around again! Going to be joining a gym within days (and cut back like 70% on my drinking couldn't hurt either haha). 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

From what I've seen losing weight isn't the issue for most people serious about doing it, it's keeping it off.
This is why there are no shortcuts, you do this trick or that trick to temporarily shed some weight, but the only way to not be fat is to change your lifestyle. You can't live like a fat person and be skinny.