By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anybody trying to lose weight ? heres my story. of 6 days 7lbs lost

dx11332sega said:
DonFerrari said:

Don't forget that it isn't what you eat in one meal or even one day it is more like on the week.

You won't gain 2lb by eating a lot in the thanksgiving. And sometimes when you start to lose little fat a day of eating a lot and going back to diet can help out. And feeling guilty is a very bad stuff for weight reduction. Just be clear with yourself that you are going to fast for the day before the big meal and on the next day or two you are going to eat very little to balance out and you should be fine. Most of the weight you'll see increase on the scale is liquid retention so they'll also go out in a few days.

I did notice that If I drink less I barely gain weight , My dad loved drinking way too much liquids  I'm the opposite I barely kinda drink my water bottles every day like my community health bottle that i fill in the house in the bottle I drink 1/4 of the bottle in breakfast and in lunch I drink 1/2 and at dinner I drink the 1/4 of soda because my diabetes kicks me tells me sugar is below 120 normal in my meter thingy I end up with a sugar at 66 almost danger zone of me dieing if below 50 sugar level yesterday buy I did instead gotten jam sandwich and ate a just one medium spoon of sugar from the sugar bag got my sugar back in 120

Drinking a lot of water is important and help you lose weight as well, helps to lose the excessive water you are holding in your body as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
I wouldn't trust any fast gain or some nutricionist.

But on my weight reduction plan I gone from 182Lb to 172Lb in one month and now almost 3 months after starting I'm sitting at 164Lb.

Basically the best method to burn fat involves:
Consume 500 cal less than your basal and burn 500 more (1000 inbalance, that can make you burn up to 2Lb of fat per week, anything over that is either dehydration, loss of muscle or very unhealthy)
Do cardio vascular exercises at 60-75% of your maximum cardiac beats (so walking at about 4mph is a good range) 2 or 3 times a week at least, starting at 40min per week and raising 5min per week.
Do hypertrophy in gym 6 days a week, burns a lot of calories and build muscle which raises your basal and help burns fat.
For eating use the very simple math of 2g per Kg of body mass (below 25% of body fat, if you are over it then count only your lean weight for the count) of protein, 0.6g per gram of fat and 3g per kg of carbo (and reduce 0.2g per week). Always choose good food, for carbo things like sweet potato, whole rice, etc, for fat can be peanut grinded, white cheese or seeds and for protein basically any regular meat, egg or milk.

You don't need any medicine or supplement unless you have a disease or hard time to have some portion of the diet. All else is just people reaping you. Creatine helps a little, whey protein can be good for after workout, fish oil isn't bad, caffeine is a burner, vitamin is good for health... but you can do without any of these.

Gym sessions 6 days a week plus calorie restriction for 3 months is quite a lot of effort for small results. If weight loss is the goal, a few days of fasting would have achieved the same without the hassle and slowdown of metabolism.

Gym sessions (strengths?) are useless under calorie restriction. You will not be able to gain muscle mass without calorie and protein surplus (unless you take steroids). You might get wiry like a cyclist at best. Natural muscle building requires bulking (overeating) and cutting (fasting to melt the fat).

dx11332sega said:
DonFerrari said:

because my diabetes kicks me tells me sugar is below 120 normal in my meter thingy I end up with a sugar at 66 almost danger zone of me dieing

You shouldn't have diabetes at a young age. Best recommendation is to look into the diet of you ancestors before modern civilization: cavemen, carnivore or keto diet (all zero-carbs) to get rid of that sugar addiction.

At the minimum you should start with some days of sugar/carb vacation where you eat nothing but meat, animal fat, eggs, cheese etc but no carbs. I do these from time to time and it feels really great.

numberwang said:
DonFerrari said:
I wouldn't trust any fast gain or some nutricionist.

But on my weight reduction plan I gone from 182Lb to 172Lb in one month and now almost 3 months after starting I'm sitting at 164Lb.

Basically the best method to burn fat involves:
Consume 500 cal less than your basal and burn 500 more (1000 inbalance, that can make you burn up to 2Lb of fat per week, anything over that is either dehydration, loss of muscle or very unhealthy)
Do cardio vascular exercises at 60-75% of your maximum cardiac beats (so walking at about 4mph is a good range) 2 or 3 times a week at least, starting at 40min per week and raising 5min per week.
Do hypertrophy in gym 6 days a week, burns a lot of calories and build muscle which raises your basal and help burns fat.
For eating use the very simple math of 2g per Kg of body mass (below 25% of body fat, if you are over it then count only your lean weight for the count) of protein, 0.6g per gram of fat and 3g per kg of carbo (and reduce 0.2g per week). Always choose good food, for carbo things like sweet potato, whole rice, etc, for fat can be peanut grinded, white cheese or seeds and for protein basically any regular meat, egg or milk.

You don't need any medicine or supplement unless you have a disease or hard time to have some portion of the diet. All else is just people reaping you. Creatine helps a little, whey protein can be good for after workout, fish oil isn't bad, caffeine is a burner, vitamin is good for health... but you can do without any of these.

Gym sessions 6 days a week plus calorie restriction for 3 months is quite a lot of effort for small results. If weight loss is the goal, a few days of fasting would have achieved the same without the hassle and slowdown of metabolism.

Gym sessions (strengths?) are useless under calorie restriction. You will not be able to gain muscle mass without calorie and protein surplus (unless you take steroids). You might get wiry like a cyclist at best. Natural muscle building requires bulking (overeating) and cutting (fasting to melt the fat).

Not that much effort and not small results. I have lost the weight very healthy and it was mainly fat.

If you want to be unhealthy, lose weight fast and rebound, or die at 35y old like your ancestors do it.

I'm enough bulky as I'm and still getting better every time. Healthy and weight management isn't a run, it is something for your whole life.

And you aren't that much into calorie restriction on the set I passed to him. You cycle for the reduction of carb while cutting fat, then you would start increasing carbs on the muscle build portion.

You may say that it is small loss, but I have basically burnt half my fat in 3 months, I can't consider that small result.

Also not to forget that everyone metabolism and body is different so rates diverge and I have Hashimoto Hypotiroidism.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

dx11332sega said:

I'm finally 169lbs this is gonna be the first video of me and scale here I'm so happy <3

Congrats man,

Just done my verification this week and I hit 17% of corporeal fat. Gained 3lb of muscle, lost 20lb of fat in about 2-2.5 months.

At 164lb at the moment, you are almost catching me =]

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:
DonFerrari said:

Congrats man,

Just done my verification this week and I hit 17% of corporeal fat. Gained 3lb of muscle, lost 20lb of fat in about 2-2.5 months.

At 164lb at the moment, you are almost catching me =]

Thanks ,

I know you being taller than me and weighing 164lbs is more amazing while I'm 5'8 1/2 and i'm chubby XD I really wanna lose belly though im thankful my theighs are still huge but only my arms are tiny , I'm in a twilight about my weight but i did lose massive amounts of fat belly :)

Your rythm is great, you'll lose the belly soon enough, just keep motivated because the results are strong so far.

dx11332sega said:

Yes I just did XD put on my tailored pigtails I just need to lose 20 or 25 more lbs then I'll look like a male version of my avatar XD

I forgot to shave here XD

Male version may have beard =]

2017: gained 30 kg (English system who?)
2018: lost 40 kg
2019: gained 25 kg
2020: Will I disappear?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Definitely need to revisit that Ring Fit Adventure game again and join that gym which I've been putting off for several weeks now lol. I seriously feel like I've gained 3 lbs simply from the McDonalds last night XD.

Being in your 30s sucks :/

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:
Definitely need to revisit that Ring Fit Adventure game again and join that gym which I've been putting off for several weeks now lol. I seriously feel like I've gained 3 lbs simply from the McDonalds last night XD.

Being in your 30s sucks :/

You know that is basically impossible to gain over 1lb with one meal right?

Most of the weight you would gain on a single day are either water or still being processed in your digestive system. Never trust what the scale say in any single day. The important thing is the trend you see over several days.