By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anybody trying to lose weight ? heres my story. of 6 days 7lbs lost

DonFerrari said:
DarthMetalliCube said:
Definitely need to revisit that Ring Fit Adventure game again and join that gym which I've been putting off for several weeks now lol. I seriously feel like I've gained 3 lbs simply from the McDonalds last night XD.

Being in your 30s sucks :/

You know that is basically impossible to gain over 1lb with one meal right?

Most of the weight you would gain on a single day are either water or still being processed in your digestive system. Never trust what the scale say in any single day. The important thing is the trend you see over several days.

Well pretty much, but it certainly feels that way XD

Probably doesn't help that I've been increasingly sedentary with the increasing workload of writing more and more these past weeks.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
DarthMetalliCube said:
DonFerrari said:

You know that is basically impossible to gain over 1lb with one meal right?

Most of the weight you would gain on a single day are either water or still being processed in your digestive system. Never trust what the scale say in any single day. The important thing is the trend you see over several days.

Well pretty much, but it certainly feels that way XD

Probably doesn't help that I've been increasingly sedentary with the increasing workload of writing more and more these past weeks.

Depending on how strict you are with your diet and exercise even gaining 10 oz is already dreadfull p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

How are you feeling now,are you doing alright?

sethnintendo said:
bowserthedog said:
I've been losing weight off and on over the past 2 or 3 years. I had become obese at 510 pounds. I have lost 160 pounds and am currently weighing 350 pounds. I tried different diets. First was the Keto diet but for me it was far to riggid and I would end up bindge eating at the first hint of failure. 3 months ago a discovered through pain and inflamation (and xrays) that I have oseto arthritis in my knees. The best way to deal with that problem is massively reducing my weight. I had recently been doing some research on what causes the struggles i was having with bindge eating and had been moving towards striat up calorie counting as my weight loss method. The arithritus was the kick in the ass i needed to really focus on the weight loss. Well.. 90 days and 50 pounds later and im still counting calories and zero bindge eating. I treat myself to things i like every day and just add up everything i eat into the my fitness pal app on my iphone. Im on quite a roll and hope to be down close to 300 by years end. And my long term goal is to get under 200 pounds.

Damn sounds like you are making major progress.  I blew out my knee awhile back and never went to doctor but it eventually healed.  I noticed major difference in way knee felt once I lost like 70 lbs to get to my normal weight.  Well three years later after drinking tons put some of the weight on but now I'm only about 25 lbs from my goal.  I'm sure your knees are already thanking you. 

Never had too much problem binge eating except maybe when smoke weed and get munchies.  Beer was my major problem but going on 15 days not a single drop.

Thank you.  Just as an update. I didn't quite reach my goal of under 300 by years end.  I did enjoy myself a bit during Family Christmas events.  But I managed to maintain my weight through December.  Since then I have continued losing weight and Im down to 307 pounds. Can't wait to get under 300. That's a pretty big milestone for me. Im hoping to target 200 pounds by the end of the year. Not sure how realistic that is but I figure if I get anywhere close to that im doing pretty good right?

Update on my knees:  I saw an athletic therapist and she was able to do some work on them and she got rid of a blockage in my knees which was preventing me from fully extending my legs. Man that feels good after years of not being able to do that. She also gave me some exercises to strengthen the supporting muscles and I should eventually be able to do full squats again.

Around the Network

dx11332sega said:

I ended the month of january with explose results lost 5 more pounds I now weigh 159lbs what a great ending .

Well done!!!

I been dieting since January 12th 2020. Last year was a really busy year for me and completely neglected my heath and ate unhealthy and barely exercised. On January 10th I weighed 220lbs which is by far the most I ever weighed.

Since then I been following 2 rules no more then 2000 calories in a day and to play beat saber at least one hour each day. As of February 7 ( I only weigh my self on fridays) I was at 209lbs. dropped 5 pounds first week and 2 pounds the following 3. obviously first week was more water/less food in my stomach then true weight lost but I still count it. I would be quite happy if I kept loosing 2 pounds a week but am sure it will start to slow down as I get closer to my goal weight of 170lbs. A long way to go but am happy with my early progress.

Cyran said:
I been dieting since January 12th 2020. Last year was a really busy year for me and completely neglected my heath and ate unhealthy and barely exercised. On January 10th I weighed 220lbs which is by far the most I ever weighed.

Since then I been following 2 rules no more then 2000 calories in a day and to play beat saber at least one hour each day. As of February 7 ( I only weigh my self on fridays) I was at 209lbs. dropped 5 pounds first week and 2 pounds the following 3. obviously first week was more water/less food in my stomach then true weight lost but I still count it. I would be quite happy if I kept loosing 2 pounds a week but am sure it will start to slow down as I get closer to my goal weight of 170lbs. A long way to go but am happy with my early progress.

It's slows down after 2 weeks but then kinda stays the same depending on you keeping with the same amount of calorieintake and exercise because at the start of a diet you lose a lot of fluids on top of the fatt tissue.It is important to to live without food in your mind day in and out,try to find things that get you invested so much into them that you can stop thinking about food for a while and it will help your diet tremendously.

If you do not enjoy water then there are a lot of low to non calorie drinks with some taste in it.

Healthwise you need your nutrients and be sure to take in enough proteins preferable with fish as they also bring in the usefull Omega that helps break down fat and transport it as energy through your body,as an option you can always take multivitamins,omega and magnesium if you want to be on a heavy diet.

Good luck dude!!!

You should put this on the OP.