By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anybody trying to lose weight ? heres my story. of 6 days 7lbs lost

bowserthedog said:
sethnintendo said:

Damn sounds like you are making major progress.  I blew out my knee awhile back and never went to doctor but it eventually healed.  I noticed major difference in way knee felt once I lost like 70 lbs to get to my normal weight.  Well three years later after drinking tons put some of the weight on but now I'm only about 25 lbs from my goal.  I'm sure your knees are already thanking you. 

Never had too much problem binge eating except maybe when smoke weed and get munchies.  Beer was my major problem but going on 15 days not a single drop.

Thank you.  Just as an update. I didn't quite reach my goal of under 300 by years end.  I did enjoy myself a bit during Family Christmas events.  But I managed to maintain my weight through December.  Since then I have continued losing weight and Im down to 307 pounds. Can't wait to get under 300. That's a pretty big milestone for me. Im hoping to target 200 pounds by the end of the year. Not sure how realistic that is but I figure if I get anywhere close to that im doing pretty good right?

Update on my knees:  I saw an athletic therapist and she was able to do some work on them and she got rid of a blockage in my knees which was preventing me from fully extending my legs. Man that feels good after years of not being able to do that. She also gave me some exercises to strengthen the supporting muscles and I should eventually be able to do full squats again.

Yea Christmas time is one of hardest times to lose weight.  My family delivers excessive food and alcohol during the holiday season. I probably put on 7 lbs this recent holiday season.

I stay away from treadmills when I go to gym. Elliptical machines are the only machine I'll use for aerobics.  There is no heavy impact on the knees.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
Cyran said:
I been dieting since January 12th 2020. Last year was a really busy year for me and completely neglected my heath and ate unhealthy and barely exercised. On January 10th I weighed 220lbs which is by far the most I ever weighed.

Since then I been following 2 rules no more then 2000 calories in a day and to play beat saber at least one hour each day. As of February 7 ( I only weigh my self on fridays) I was at 209lbs. dropped 5 pounds first week and 2 pounds the following 3. obviously first week was more water/less food in my stomach then true weight lost but I still count it. I would be quite happy if I kept loosing 2 pounds a week but am sure it will start to slow down as I get closer to my goal weight of 170lbs. A long way to go but am happy with my early progress.

It's slows down after 2 weeks but then kinda stays the same depending on you keeping with the same amount of calorieintake and exercise because at the start of a diet you lose a lot of fluids on top of the fatt tissue.It is important to to live without food in your mind day in and out,try to find things that get you invested so much into them that you can stop thinking about food for a while and it will help your diet tremendously.

If you do not enjoy water then there are a lot of low to non calorie drinks with some taste in it.

Healthwise you need your nutrients and be sure to take in enough proteins preferable with fish as they also bring in the usefull Omega that helps break down fat and transport it as energy through your body,as an option you can always take multivitamins,omega and magnesium if you want to be on a heavy diet.

Good luck dude!!!

Thanks for advice.  I stick to mainly only drinking water last couple weeks.  Occasionally after a beat saber session I drink a bottle of Gatorade but most the time I stick to just water.

I look into my omega intake but fish a hard one for me since not a fan of the taste.  Chicken,turkey, shrimp, Greek yogurt, eggs are my main source of protein.  Then I try to mix in vegetables and some fruits like bananas and occasionally some whole grain bread or cashews.  

dx11332sega said:
Cyran said:

Thanks for advice.  I stick to mainly only drinking water last couple weeks.  Occasionally after a beat saber session I drink a bottle of Gatorade but most the time I stick to just water.

I look into my omega intake but fish a hard one for me since not a fan of the taste.  Chicken,turkey, shrimp, Greek yogurt, eggs are my main source of protein.  Then I try to mix in vegetables and some fruits like bananas and occasionally some whole grain bread or cashews.  

If you dont want fish you can eat 1 capsule of fish oil omega 3 every day like me though my brand is different , you can get something like this.

I give it a try and congratulation on all your weight loss.

Hi, I am a certified personal trainer. I respect every field specially the more technicals.

However, as far as I know it is not healty to drop more than certain weight per week (please google parameters), in other words is not sustainable because your body has an specific metabolism and some results maybe temporary.

There are a tons of quality foods but you don't have necessary buy all from certain brands or places. 

The following is almost applicable to every person: there is a mathematic way to lose or gain weight, not applicable for some medical conditions or deficiency of minerals.

Just calculate your daily calorie requirements (basal), There are a few calculators on internet that can help.

For example if the result is 2,000 calories daily just consume 200-500 less calories than you need. That would approx 1,500 per day. You will start to lose weight in a healthy way, just eat balance (protein, carbs and lipids) and you will be fine.

Do not do that for a long time cause your body needs the fuel (food) to work well. Just rest eventually from the hypocaloric (deficit of calories) diet.

Link_knight30 said:

Hi, I am a certified personal trainer. I respect every field specially the more technicals.

However, as far as I know it is not healty to drop more than certain weight per week (please google parameters), in other words is not sustainable because your body has an specific metabolism and some results maybe temporary.

There are a tons of quality foods but you don't have necessary buy all from certain brands or places. 

The following is almost applicable to every person: there is a mathematic way to lose or gain weight, not applicable for some medical conditions or deficiency of minerals.

Just calculate your daily calorie requirements (basal), There are a few calculators on internet that can help.

For example if the result is 2,000 calories daily just consume 200-500 less calories than you need. That would approx 1,500 per day. You will start to lose weight in a healthy way, just eat balance (protein, carbs and lipids) and you will be fine.

Do not do that for a long time cause your body needs the fuel (food) to work well. Just rest eventually from the hypocaloric (deficit of calories) diet.

Results slow down but that is just normal due to less fat and sometimes muscleloss so when a body doesnt need to carry around all that weight it will start using less energy/needing less calories,but this difference is not that huge and ofcourse at the start of weightloss a body can lose a lot of water but that shouldnt really be counted because that is something fluctuating.

Fatloss is what is most important when we talk about diets and that mostly stays pretty consistent when you manage to keep the same calorie deficient.

As far as i know it is healthy do drop as much calories as you can while being able to take in the nutrients you need,you can easily drop to a + 1000 calorie deficit a day without being unhealthy but it needs a far more stricter shedule when thinking about what you still CAN eat.

The mental part is always the hardest one and what you are suggesting is the diet that is easiest to manage but with drastic weightloss the diet is just the first step,afterwards everyone needs to find a certain healthy lifestyle to their own comfort so they do not lose all the progress made.

Around the Network

I used to weigh 265 lbs. I cut nearly all carbs from my diet. I really only eat meat, cheese, ceasar salad, and some Adkins bars. I now weigh 173 lbs. It's a matter of willpower. If you want to look good, change what you eat.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

I am 5'11.5. From my late teens to my early 20s I was a healthy 185 (give or take 5 pounds).

My anxiety got really bad starting in 2013 (not using it as an excuse, but it definitely didn't help things), and I ended up at 290lbs at my heaviest in 2016... My wife got pregnant with our first, so I knew I had to change in order to be there for my daughter. I went down to 250, then back up to 270 after she was born. I've been able to go down to 235 and maintain that for a year or so. I know there is still a long way for me to go. My second daughter will be here in less than 2 months. I gotta get healthier for my family. I gotta get off ativan too.

I used to be obsessed with my weight (before I spiralled way out of control) because I wanted to look good, now I don't give a damn how I look. I want to be healthy. I want to feel good.

1doesnotsimply

I have LOST 90 Pounds...

Congratulation 50 pounds in 9 months isn't easy.

I've really got to get back on my diet... I say that like it's recent but I've been off it for like 18 months, I've put on 6kg (13 pound) from my lowest. Still down 24Kg from my heaviest though. Hitting 85kg would be my ideal weight

vonny said:
Congratulation 50 pounds in 9 months isn't easy.

I've really got to get back on my diet... I say that like it's recent but I've been off it for like 18 months, I've put on 6kg (13 pound) from my lowest. Still down 24Kg from my heaviest though. Hitting 85kg would be my ideal weight

Good luck with getting to the weight that makes you the most happy.