By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 979 Greatest Games, as of 2018

Right game won in my opinion, and a fantastic top 10

Around the Network

Thank you for organising this and compiling the lists. Great to see my top three at least made the top 100. Interesting to see how close the vote numbers are.

Ka-pi96 said:

Nice work mZuzy!

Disappointed to see FF10 only #30. Also quite surprised to see TLOU at #29. IIRC it was top 10 the year it released, so what's with the decline? Also disappointed that not a single Dynasty Warriors game cracked the top #100. We need to get more DW fans here ASAP!
Interesting to see the vote numbers too.

Especially with Pokemon Red/Blue having 5 more votes than Gold/Silver yet only being 1 rank higher.

I'm a DW fan but I couldn't justify putting one in my top 50 no matter how much I love them. I had this problem with a lot of games, when it came down to 50 games I had to drop a lot of games even though I'd consider them close to some of the ones that made it.

Thanks so much for all of the effort that was put into this list. You do a ton of work for it and it's greatly appreciated.

I understand a top 50 is daunting, but I really do wish that more people participated in this. So many great games only getting 1 or 2 votes.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Great work mZuzek!

This list seems so... I don't know, let's just say I can't agree with most of it, especially the top 20. But I am not surprised by the results since 80% of the participants were Nintendo gamer. I am sure that a list from a gamer who plays on every console would look completely different. Anyway at the end it's still only a matter of opinion.

Nice job getting all this up. Theeenks. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Great work, sorry I couldn't participate this year. I'll make up for it next time!

Signature goes here!

^^ Yeah, sorry I flaked on the voting too. I signed up, but things unfolded in such a way that I never got around to participating.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Looks like I guessed what the top 2 non-Nintendo games would be. I'm also glad that someone else out there voted for some arcade games other than myself.

Thanks mZuzek for doing all of this.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Looks like I guessed what the top 2 non-Nintendo games would be. I'm also glad that someone else out there voted for some arcade games other than myself.

Thanks mZuzek for doing all of this.

Well done! I think the remake of SotC helped a lot this year. Glad to see it make a big leap! Although I’m bummed RE4 fell out of the top 20.

Thanks mZuzek for all the hard work. You're my hero, the greatest 50 games of all time is a highlight in these forums.

Some errors I noticed:
Baldur's Gate II has the subtitle Shadows of Amn, not Ann.
The GOTY's have 1981 twice.

Other than that some notes:
Yeah, Heroes of Might and Magic III is the highest ranking HOMM and in the TOP 10 for PC!
Octopath is 2018 GOTY, oh yeah!
I thought I would be the only one voting for Tokyo Mirage Sessions, I'm pleasantly surprised others have it on their lists too. Please Atlus bring it to Switch, so more people can experience this great game.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]