By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 979 Greatest Games, as of 2018

Awesome work! It was fun to participate and read everyone’s stories. The resulting list might be a bit Nintendo oriented, especially high up, but the thread was a mixed celebration of gaming.

Can’t say I can disagree with a Zelda game at #1, but Ocarina at 4 is obviously wayyy too low.

EDIT: Lol at my nostalgia #50 now being awarded Game of the Year 1979.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 18 January 2019

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Great Job! Thank you for all of your hard work! Octopath Traveler surprised me that it got GOTY for this year since it was such a good year for releases!

I was pretty shocked too. I enjoyed the game a good bit, but never even thought it'd be that high.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Nintendo bias doesn't exist. Nintendo just make the best games and some people can't handle it.

Thanks Mzuzek for organizing this, it looks very well made and it's pleasing to the eyes : )

(yes ... I will try to play enough games to get in next year)

Still don't get the point of these polls on a Nintendo dominated forum. Obviously you know what it's gonna be lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

It's always interesting to see how people's opinion of games change in a year. Xenoblade 2 came too late for last year's list, but that gave people plenty of time to realize what an awesome game it truly was. It's really nice to see Silver/Gold, and Red/Blue at the top of the list for Poke'mon games.

Around the Network

Ive noticed one thing, and thats that Pac-Man is not on this list. and that upsets me

alternine said:
Still don't get the point of these polls on a Nintendo dominated forum. Obviously you know what it's gonna be lol

I'm not convinced this forum is Nintendo dominated.  But most of the people on this forum don't participate in this event.  Maybe the younger people have a hard time coming up with 50 games they really like?  I don't know.  It does seem like the top games are over represented from generations 4 - 6 though, so I think age plays a factor.

Yerm said:
Ive noticed one thing, and thats that Pac-Man is not on this list. and that upsets me

Yeah, some games are so old that no one votes for them.  Pac-Man is probably the most popular game of all time for North America.  Either that or Pong, but Pong was even before my time.  I was never a Pac-Man guy, but if there were more people who were gamers from the early 80s then they definitely would have voted for Pac-Man.  It was even bigger than Super Mario 1.

Ka-pi96 said:

Nice work mZuzy!

Disappointed to see FF10 only #30. Also quite surprised to see TLOU at #29. IIRC it was top 10 the year it released, so what's with the decline? Also disappointed that not a single Dynasty Warriors game cracked the top #100. We need to get more DW fans here ASAP!
Interesting to see the vote numbers too.

Especially with Pokemon Red/Blue having 5 more votes than Gold/Silver yet only being 1 rank higher.

TLOU dropped because TLOU fans dropped, so I assume a lot of PS3 and PS4 fans didn't contribute this year. I did my part for DW and FF though.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
alternine said:

I'm not convinced this forum is Nintendo dominated.  But most of the people on this forum don't participate in this event.  Maybe the younger people have a hard time coming up with 50 games they really like?  I don't know.  

Yep, this is my problem. 

Thanks for this mZuzek!

Dat Nintendomination in the top 20. 

Nice to see that Xenoblade made it to the top 20 and DQVIII to the top 100 (even though it deserves a lot more, we need more DQ fans!). KH2 was so close to entering the top 100. I love to see Nier Automata so high. Shame that Chrono Trigger and FFVI didn't make it to the top 20.