By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 979 Greatest Games, as of 2018

Nintendomination, only 2 games out of the Top 20 are not Nintendo titles (#13: Shadow of the Colossus and #20: FF VII)

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Alright, it's live!

...and I'm gonna go straight to bed before I collapse, it's 8:30 AM here this was quite some work. Do let me know if you find any errors somewhere. Otherwise, well, enjoy the thread and all that good stuff.

Good night.

Good night, you've earned it!

Dang, thanks for your hard work.

Sorry that my list came in at the last minute, I almost forgot tbh, but as I probably said back then, I had no time to participate in the discussion thread at all.

Also, not seeing Shovel Knight in the top 50 games for the 2010s restored a bit of faith of humanity within me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Nice thread Mzuzek! Excellent work.

Great work with this one. The list is always interesting, though I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that the closer to the top it gets the less I am going to agree with it, but that's just the nature of the thing I suppose.

Around the Network

Thanks for all the work, mZuzek! A shame that Chrono Trigger did not reach the top 20, but what can you do.

Also, whoever voted for Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, I tip my hat for you, good sir.

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 18 January 2019

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Awesome stuff, @mZuzek! Thank you for all the time and energy that went into this whole campaign.

Excellent job mZuzek!

I suppose Breath of the Wild taking the #1 spot was a safe bet but it's still nice to see, as it very much deserves that position in my most humble opinion.
I'm also very happy about Terranigma being in the Top 150, even if it deserves a whole lot more!

Ka-pi96 said:

Nice work mZuzy!

Disappointed to see FF10 only #30. Also quite surprised to see TLOU at #29. IIRC it was top 10 the year it released, so what's with the decline? Also disappointed that not a single Dynasty Warriors game cracked the top #100. We need to get more DW fans here ASAP!
Interesting to see the vote numbers too.

Especially with Pokemon Red/Blue having 5 more votes than Gold/Silver yet only being 1 rank higher.

For the same reason halo has dropped.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Thanks for hosting the tounament and making these ridiculously long lists!

The best game won again, and it seems like that won't change anytime soon.
I'm also glad to see that X&Y got higher than Sun & Moon this time.