Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter: "Switch is tracking to sell 13 million this year"

melbye said:
18 Million. Now let's see who is a better analyst, the guy pulling numbers out of his ass or the guy who gets paid to make predictions

Yes, but, the guy pulling number out if his as is not making money with that and Patcher do. So, who is the clever guy?



"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

Around the Network

I'm continually baffled that this man still has a job.



Is Pachter secretly Donald Drumpf wearing a wig and glasses? Because that A+ he gave himself sounds very trumpian to me



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

super_etecoon said:
SKMBlake said:

Well it sure doesn't make sense to me the fact that you can say "millions" but have to say "XX million". It's like "here what you have to know about innumerable nouns" "here what you have to know about numerable nouns" "and here the numbers, where all numerable and innumerable nouns don't apply because we said so".

So would you also say 5 hundreds?  or 5 thousands?  

Actually I don't. You've made a very good point.



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Remember how he said the PS3 would never catch up to the 360, or how the X1 was going to destroy the PS4?

Yeah.....



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Around the Network
Shiken said:
Remember how he said the PS3 would never catch up to the 360, or how the X1 was going to destroy the PS4?

Yeah.....

This is the thing with him.... sometimes he says resonable things that make sense, and others something wildly outrageous and silly.

His overall track record is wishy washy, hes wrong as often as he is right.

Ive often considered that this must be how can generates buzz, and keeps his name relevant, by saying outrageous things that he knows will make headlines. Whats odd is that this doesnt seemingly hurt his bussiness, being wrong as often as right, saying crazy things somehow works out for him.



JRPGfan said:
Shiken said:
Remember how he said the PS3 would never catch up to the 360, or how the X1 was going to destroy the PS4?

Yeah.....

This is the thing with him.... sometimes he says resonable things that make sense, and others something wildly outrageous and silly.

His overall track record is wishy washy, hes wrong as often as he is right.

Ive often considered that this must be how can generates buzz, and keeps his name relevant, by saying outrageous things that he knows will make headlines. Whats odd is that this doesnt seemingly hurt his bussiness, being wrong as often as right, saying crazy things somehow works out for him.

The only time I have ever seen him right, is when we can already see the data in front of us.  He took a gamble on the Switch's slow 1st half of 18 and made the wrong bet.

 

Just like he gambled that the success of the 360 would outweigh the botched reveal of the X1.  Then he was right for a while, but only because it was too obvious based on data we already had that the PS4 was destroying the X1.

 

Nintendo is a hard topic to judge.  Coming off the failure of the WiiU, he was probably looking a for a reason to predict a sales drop.  But then, the success of the Wii proves how u predictable Nintendo's product sales can be.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

RolStoppable said:
Pachter is a troll. He knows that what he says is stupid and he says those stupid things because he loves to read his name. He is that much of an attention whore, further proved by having his own show on Gametrailers at some point.

His prefered target are Nintendo fans. That should be easy to figure out when you read through his report card and see his respective grades for PSVR and Switch predictions.

He must feel he gets the best reaction out of Nintendo fans. 

 

He is a complete and utter Troll and the people who constantly post threads about everything he says are giving him what he wants. 

 

I'd be fairly confident he gives serious predictions to any companies that pay him. 



Kerotan said:
RolStoppable said:
Pachter is a troll. He knows that what he says is stupid and he says those stupid things because he loves to read his name. He is that much of an attention whore, further proved by having his own show on Gametrailers at some point.

His prefered target are Nintendo fans. That should be easy to figure out when you read through his report card and see his respective grades for PSVR and Switch predictions.

He must feel he gets the best reaction out of Nintendo fans. 

 

He is a complete and utter Troll and the people who constantly post threads about everything he says are giving him what he wants. 

 

I'd be fairly confident he gives serious predictions to any companies that pay him. 

Did you feel that way when he was praising the 360 and saying the PS3 would never catch it or how the X1 was going to destroy the PS4 because of how successful the 360 was?  Or what about how Sony was going to go out of business?

 

The guy is just a poor analyst, end of story.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Shiken said:
Kerotan said:

He must feel he gets the best reaction out of Nintendo fans. 

 

He is a complete and utter Troll and the people who constantly post threads about everything he says are giving him what he wants. 

 

I'd be fairly confident he gives serious predictions to any companies that pay him. 

Did you feel that way when he was praising the 360 and saying the PS3 would never catch it or how the X1 was going to destroy the PS4 because of how successful the 360 was?  Or what about how Sony was going to go out of business?

 

The guy is just a poor analyst, end of story.

Yes. At that time us Sony fans were very bitchy so he targeted us for the biggest reaction.