By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter: "Switch is tracking to sell 13 million this year"

SpokenTruth said:
drinkandswim said:
I mean granted he was right if it wasn't for November and December where they sold probably around 10 million systems. Its kind of hard to predict a system will go from a 1 million global a month to 3.3 and 6+.

It's that hard when you are supposed to be the industries most well known video game retail sales analyst and you've studied quarterly sales trends for more than 20 years.

Extrapolating Q1 shipment figures by 4 and calling it a day is the laziest means of sales prediction ever.

My guess is his whole “esteemed analyst Wedbush Snodgrass group” thing is a huge gimmick, and people buy it as real so he can generate an income from ad revenue.

He’s too inaccurate, and obviously can’t even work a basic spreadsheet.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Can't we all just stop talking about Pachter?

He was fun to laugh at for a while but it's gotten old.

I LOVE ICELAND!

SpokenTruth said:

It has to be something close to this because no industry would normally accept such inaccuracies. 

How does one screw up as constantly and consistently as he does and still maintain such prominence? 
*Trying my best to refrain from a presidential joke*

Yeah I must confess it baffles me how he still has a job when he's so frequently and hilariously off base.

curl-6 said:
SpokenTruth said:
It has to be something close to this because no industry would normally accept such inaccuracies. 

How does one screw up as constantly and consistently as he does and still maintain such prominence? 
*Trying my best to refrain from a presidential joke*

Yeah I must confess it baffles me how he still has a job when he's so frequently and hilariously off base.

Maybe he owns the majority of shares and the board members don’t have a clue on how to get rid of him.

I mean this prediction is still too low. Switch is already at 14.3 million this year with 2 weeks to go during which it'll sell 2-3 million. Now sure, if you want to talk fiscal year, you have to take off the 3 million from March and earlier, but again, it'll make those 3 million back these next two weeks, and then have 3 months to get another 3 million, and if 2019 ends up being up year over year vs 2018, then it'll get even more than that. It might not make 20 million, but it'll come pretty close, 17 or more.