By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter: "Switch is tracking to sell 13 million this year"

SpokenTruth said:
drinkandswim said:

I mean I agree it is lazy, but Smash and Pokémon weren't even announced yet.

He made the 8 million statement in August.

https://gamingbolt.com/nintendo-switch-wont-sell-20-million-units-this-year-it-will-sell-8-million-according-to-michael-pachter

Wow after E3 that's horrendous. 

Around the Network

If a more accurate description of "moron" than "Michael Pachter" existed i've yet to come across it.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

18 Million. Now let's see who is a better analyst, the guy pulling numbers out of his ass or the guy who gets paid to make predictions

I think nothing will ever top his Netflix is worthless piece of crap made in 2005 by Michael Pachter, but that Elder Scrolls one, that one comes close

I'm sorry, really sorry.. but.. This guy feels he can say these things as a professional, and still be taken seriously every time because he probably has deals..

We have to do something people, this has gone way too far. He's basically just trolling...

Last edited by Azelover - on 03 January 2019

Around the Network

It's a sign of how poor games journalism is. Even a site targeting developers and industry professionals over fans and hobbyists doesn't call out Pachter's bullshit or his terrible track record. Instead of just repeating these self-assessed predictions, GamesIndustry should do some independent verification. Whichever way you look at it, Pachter's wrong on this and he's wrong on the Elder Scrolls 6, too. It's absolutely laughable that this stuff is printed by a professional website without comment or challenge.

This is too far even for Switch haters

Well i will make up my own predictions based on nothing but an uncorrelated statement.

By end of 2019 Switch will be at 42million units sold as 42 is the meaning of life. Must reach this exact number no more or no less or the world is doomed to end and there be no 2020.

There is a simple process to interpreting Pachter's forecasts:

Step 1: Ignore Michael Pachter.

melbye said:
18 Million. Now let's see who is a better analyst, the guy pulling numbers out of his ass or the guy who gets paid to make predictions

The answer might surprise you!