Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter: "Switch is tracking to sell 13 million this year"

I just wonder why gamesindustry.biz gave him credit and asked him about his toughts.

I just hate people who can say nonsense all the time and still have an audience. Look at the comments of this video https://youtu.be/6abmXivp-AI

The channel owner is defending Pachter by calling all negative commenters as fanboy and saying Pachter is right because he has data.

I mean, how ? And why ? With a real straight face ?

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
super_etecoon said:

So would you also say 5 hundreds?  or 5 thousands?  

Actually I don't. You've made a very good point.

haha....well thanks.  I wasn't trying to call you out.  I've just seen that expression used here on VGC a bunch and I know english messes a lot of stuff up.  To me it seems very wrong, but i also know that with my limited spanish that I create phrases in spanish that don't work and its because I'm trying to use english rules.  I think the main difference is that in english our nouns don't have to agree with our adjectives.  That creates a whole lot of confusion by itself.  English has taken and stolen from so many languages along the way that we play by our own set of rules and I feel bad for any non-notive speakers trying to learn our frankenstein language. 

super_etecoon said:
SKMBlake said:

Actually I don't. You've made a very good point.

haha....well thanks.  I wasn't trying to call you out.  I've just seen that expression used here on VGC a bunch and I know english messes a lot of stuff up.  To me it seems very wrong, but i also know that with my limited spanish that I create phrases in spanish that don't work and its because I'm trying to use english rules.  I think the main difference is that in english our nouns don't have to agree with our adjectives.  That creates a whole lot of confusion by itself.  English has taken and stolen from so many languages along the way that we play by our own set of rules and I feel bad for any non-notive speakers trying to learn our frankenstein language. 

I understand. You point will help me in the future as a memorisation thing, so I won't make the the mistake again.

And I understand how it is hard to write or speak in another language which doesn't work as the same way your native language does. English is my 3rd language and before this one I have 2 other languages that doesn't follow the same rules. Neither does my 5th language actually, which is japanese, and where everything is context.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:

I just wonder why gamesindustry.biz gave him credit and asked him about his toughts.

I just hate people who can say nonsense all the time and still have an audience. Look at the comments of this video https://youtu.be/6abmXivp-AI

The channel owner is defending Pachter by calling all negative commenters as fanboy and saying Pachter is right because he has data.

I mean, how ? And why ? With a real straight face ?

Couldn't agree more.

I stopped posting on this site 10 years ago and he still is the biggest moron in the world.  (props on p.1 post defining "moron")_  good to see you're still here rol!!!!!

Beyond his usual overwhelming idiocy, WHAT kind of PREDICTION is granted a 7M margin of error?!?!?!  

It' would be an accurate prediction if he said it would sell under 14M and above 12.5M  (if it does indeed sell 13M);  saying it won't extravagantly outsell it's own manufacturing models is not a frikin' (can we curse again on here, I forgot?) ANALYSIS!

Did some digging and here are some other gems of wisdom from Pachter:

- PS3/360/Wii will be the last console generation

- Red Dead Redemption won't have mass appeal and won't become a blockbuster franchise

- GTA5 to launch in 2010

- Wii motion controls won't be accepted by the community and consequently Nintendo will exit the hardware business

- Kinect will be $50 (It was three times that)

- Nintendo will make a mid-gen Wii HD

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 January 2019

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

- Red Dead Redemption won't have mass appeal and won't become a blockbuster franchise

- GTA5 to launch in 2010

- Wii motion controls won't be accepted by the community and consequently Nintendo will exit the hardware business

- Nintendo will make a mid-gen Wii HD

Nothing and I mean nothing will top his Netflix worthless piece of crap in 2005. Like you can tell he was being a child when he made that statement. 

Acevil said:

Nothing and I mean nothing will top his Netflix worthless piece of crap in 2005. Like you can tell he was being a child when he made that statement. 

In fairness, a LOT of people underestimated Netflix for a long time.  I remember reading articles over a period of several years that predicted that they were a flash in the pan and that competitors (Blockbuster) or the oncoming age of steaming services would soon make them irrelevant.

Heck, people still think Netflix is unsustainable with how much cash they're burning.

NightlyPoe said:

Acevil said:

In fairness, a LOT of people underestimated Netflix for a long time.  I remember reading articles over a period of several years that predicted that they were a flash in the pan and that competitors (Blockbuster) or the oncoming age of steaming services would soon make them irrelevant.

Heck, people still think Netflix is unsustainable with how much cash they're burning.

Pachter is one of those people (however he is someone that seems to hold grudges of company that are successful in spite of his prediction). However it really is the "worthless piece of crap" comment that gets me. It showcases how unprofessional he truly is. 

For awhile he has been trying to paint netflix is doomed (in July 2017, he said in 12 months it would decline to $73, if i recall in July 2018, it was $300 plus).

(He is also ranked really low based on his stock portfolio it seems as well).

Ranked #4,446 out of 5,110 Analysts on TipRanks(#10,581 out of 11,714 overall experts)

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/michael-pachter

Last edited by Acevil - on 04 January 2019

curl-6 said:

- GTA5 to launch in 2010

- Nintendo will make a mid-gen Wii HD.

Well, that last one could be called a Wii U...

Acevil said: 

Pachter is one of those people (however he is someone that seems to hold grudges of company that are successful in spite of his prediction). However it really is the "worthless piece of crap" comment that gets me. It showcases how unprofessional he truly is. 

For awhile he has been trying to paint netflix is doomed (in July 2017, he said in 12 months it would decline to $73, if i recall in July 2018, it was $300 plus). 

(He is also ranked really low based on his stock portfolio it seems as well).

Ranked #4,446 out of 5,110 Analysts on TipRanks(#10,581 out of 11,714 overall experts)

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/michael-pachter

I'm actually surprised he's not near dead last.

But hey, managing to get even less than 1 star out of 5 is speaking legion by itself

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 04 January 2019

Bofferbrauer2 said:
curl-6 said:

- GTA5 to launch in 2010

- Nintendo will make a mid-gen Wii HD.

Well, that last one could be called a Wii U...

Wii U was its own new and separate system. Pachter predicted there would be a HD-capable hardware revision of the original Wii around 2009-2010.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.