By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Michael Pachter: "Switch is tracking to sell 13 million this year"

Switch will actually be at 50 million by the end of 2019.

Cobretti2 said:
Well i will make up my own predictions based on nothing but an uncorrelated statement.

By end of 2019 Switch will be at 42million units sold as 42 is the meaning of life. Must reach this exact number no more or no less or the world is doomed to end and there be no 2020.

Around the Network

I'm convinced he just does this for attention at this point.

Somebody needs to make a compilation of all his hilariously wrong predictions over the years. He's been off the mark more often than the average weatherman, and the idea that Switch is going to tank in a year with Animal Crossing, Next Gen Pokemon, and reportedly a new hardware revision, is just ridiculous. Reminds me of the classic "Switch is going to fall off a cliff in 2018" prophecy.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 03 January 2019

Theres a reason why he keeps giving these predictions...... just look at the amount of replies this thread has.....

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Okay, re-reading the article it is kind of confusingly written.

Has Pachter actually said Switch is headed for 13 million in 2019, or is that just the prediction of the article's author? And is the 13 million prediction for calendar 2019, FY ending March 2019, calendar 2018? It's all rather vague and poorly articulated.

You do know that this was when 2018 success for Switch was warranted right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I guess at the start of 2018 he was pissed that Switch didn't sell at his predicted pace of 1m in the fiscal year ending March 2017 and 5m in the fiscal year ending March 2018.

Haha, I forgot about that little gem. He was only off by what, 10 million and some change? 

Lol. Pachter is the industry funny man. 

melbye said:
18 Million. Now let's see who is a better analyst, the guy pulling numbers out of his ass or the guy who gets paid to make predictions

Yes, but, the guy pulling number out if his as is not making money with that and Patcher do. So, who is the clever guy?

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

I'm continually baffled that this man still has a job.

Is Pachter secretly Donald Drumpf wearing a wig and glasses? Because that A+ he gave himself sounds very trumpian to me

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also