By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC's Last 10 GotY Winners - Which is the Best?

VGC's Last 10 GotY Winners - Which is the Best?

2008 - LittleBigPlanet 51 2.03%

2009 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 313 12.43%

2010 - Mass Effect 2 152 6.04%

2011 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 149 5.92%

2012 - Journey 36 1.43%

2013 - Super Mario 3D World 63 2.50%

2014 - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 37 1.47%

2015 - Rocket League 28 1.11%

2016 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 577 22.92%

2017 - The Legend of Zeld... 1,112 44.16%

Total:2,518

I only played two of the titles, and as much as I liked LBP imma have to go with BoTW (which I need to finish)

Around the Network

Zelda BOTW for me. Its up there as one of the greatest games of all time and possible the best game for the past 10 years.

Some of these selections are so ridiculous that they throw all voting on this site into question. I don't mean that anyone is tampering with the votes, just that the collective judgment of this website is questionable, at best. Rocket league, Little big planet, really? Those are good games, but they don't even belong in a game of the year conversation. Another dimension, 3D world is also questionable.

Anyway, on topic, it's between Mass effect 2 and breath of the wild for me. I guess I'm going to go with breath of the wild, since I have to choose one. But, it is definitely not my number one pick over the last 10 years. It's probably in my top three though, certainly top five. My top seed is The Witcher 3.

Wow...I didn't realize Rocket League won in 2015.

I must say, it is well deserved. I've only been playing this last year or so, but I can definitely say it's my Mario Kart 8 of this generation. It's super easy to get into, but there's no way I will ever be able to play like the pros. The control they have of their car and the ability to spiral down from the sky and score a shot on the goal is nothing short of amazing.

Kudos to VGC in 2015 for selecting a true underdog favorite, and I must say it fills me with some joy to see people upset at the selection. It's almost like people forget that there is a lot more to games than graphics or story. An addictive gameplay experience is difficult to achieve and when it happens those games should truly be rewarded.

All that being said, I chose Breath of the Wild for the poll. There really is no comparison. All games from here on out will be judged according to that game, for better or worse. If Nintendo thought Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past or Metroid Prime raised the bar, they have yet to try to compete against themselves when it comes to this nearly perfect gem. Thankfully they did leave plenty of room for growth when it comes to dungeons and weapon/item based exploration (bring back the grapple hook, please), but there's no denying Breath of the Wild will be a tough act to follow this generation and for many to come.

Around the Network

The Last of Us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Breath of the Wild, followed by 3D World.

The real answer is Bloodborne, but VGC didn't have taste in 2015.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Interesting. Breath of the Wild won, but if you combine all the Uncharted votes, Breath of the Wild still won.

Well, from that list I had more fun with Super Mario 3D World.