By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC's Last 10 GotY Winners - Which is the Best?

VGC's Last 10 GotY Winners - Which is the Best?

2008 - LittleBigPlanet 51 2.03%

2009 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 313 12.43%

2010 - Mass Effect 2 152 6.04%

2011 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 149 5.92%

2012 - Journey 36 1.43%

2013 - Super Mario 3D World 63 2.50%

2014 - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 37 1.47%

2015 - Rocket League 28 1.11%

2016 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 577 22.92%

2017 - The Legend of Zeld... 1,112 44.16%

Total:2,518

Ill go with BOTW out of those.

Around the Network
omarct said:
flashfire926 said:
I'm a little shocked at 2015's result. I thought Witcher 3, Bloodborne, MGSV, and even Fallout 4 were more likely winners of that year.

Especially the first two, I see so much love Witcher and Bloodborne, yet not seen much for rocket league. Am I missing something here?

Lol yea, makes you wonder who is voting for these lists. Bloodborne is the best game I have played in the last 2 decades. I am not saying my taste is the norm but quality is quality, a dumbed down soccer game using go-karts is the last thing that comes to mind when when thinking of quality.

Not saying it is better or worse than these specific games (I personally love Bloodborne the most out of those) but stereotyping Rocket League as a dumbed down gimmick soccer game.. Well it doesn't help making your opinion be taken seriously.

It's a fantastic game with an incredible depth of gameplay mechanics/skills that is both immediately accessible/fun but also has one of the highest skill ceiling in any esport game. Also great content with tons of free updates and game modes.

Darwinianevolution said:
Skyrim is still the best game of that list. Breath of the Wild is fantastic, but it loses steam at around the 100th hour, while I've gone passed 200h with Skyrim.

I think I went past 200h in 2011 ... I must be past 1000h now. I voted for Skyrim but part of me was screaming that BotW was the better game so I'm happy with where the poll is. I'm staggered with the support for Uncharted though ... people really love that game.

Zelda is the only game in the list that deserves it spot as GOTY. Uncharted 2 being labeled GOTY is a travesty. A year that had Demon's Souls, Assassin's Creed 2, Batman Arkham Asylum and Infamous but which game won GOTY...yeah not sure about that.

I'll not vote for any of these, since this list is disappointing. Here are my GOTY:

2008 - God of War: Chains of Olympus
2009 - Demon's Souls
2010 - Red Dead Redemption
2011 - Dark Souls
2012 - Halo 4
2013 - Gran Turismo 6
2014 - Infamous: Second Son
2015 - Bloodborne
2016 - Dark Souls 3

BOTW deserved that because of Gameplay > Movie

Around the Network

Without a doubt, BotW all the way.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
BOTW deserved that because of Gameplay > Movie

What were the movies that BOTW was competing with?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

It's clearly leagues above The Last of Us and GTA V......

Yeah I'm lost.

It legit is better than those games though. 

I've played all 3,  1 play-through on TLOU, an insane amount of GTA V and probably around 40-50 hours of 3D World but it ranks 3rd for me out of the other 2. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

The correct answer is Bloodborne.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I like Zelda: Breath of the Wild the most of this list.

Just my opinion though I won’t push it on anyone *smiles*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334