By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC's Last 10 GotY Winners - Which is the Best?

VGC's Last 10 GotY Winners - Which is the Best?

2008 - LittleBigPlanet 51 2.03%

2009 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 313 12.43%

2010 - Mass Effect 2 152 6.04%

2011 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 149 5.92%

2012 - Journey 36 1.43%

2013 - Super Mario 3D World 63 2.50%

2014 - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 37 1.47%

2015 - Rocket League 28 1.11%

2016 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 577 22.92%

2017 - The Legend of Zeld... 1,112 44.16%

Total:2,518
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Darwinianevolution said:

-Bioshock Infinite

-TLoU

-GTA V

-Rayman Legends

-Zelda A Link Between Worlds

Huh, how did it win 2013's GOTY?

People would sadly say the same about Rayman Legends (and most likely ALBTW) had it managed to win. Which is a shame ... might be my favorite game from that year. 

Fair enough, but still, in terms of popularity, TLoU and GTA V were all the rage back then. Maybe they ate each other's votes?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

People would sadly say the same about Rayman Legends (and most likely ALBTW) had it managed to win. Which is a shame ... might be my favorite game from that year. 

Fair enough, but still, in terms of popularity, TLoU and GTA V were all the rage back then. Maybe they ate each other's votes?

Well I'm not sure .... how does the staff do GOTY awards? Thought it was a combination of votes from the community but also the writers opinions, with the writers having a significantly higher weight than the vote polls. I could be wrong though.

Is the winner of 2013 the game where you can pick eachother up and throw the other into cliffs? If so i can understand it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Not really surprised by the list and the number of two systems that have GOTY's on there. I'd go for Skyrim any day though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Zelda is so far beyond everything else on that list. Didn't remember that 3D World beat The Last of Us. I love this place

Last edited by melbye - on 24 December 2018

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild is by far my favourite game of the last decade. The only two games that are somewhat close, both got released in 2013, and neither of them got the GOTY for some reason.

Between my top three picks of Skyrim, Uncharted 4 and Breath of the Wild I just have to vote for Breath of the Wild. Haven't played a game that was so mind-blowing in years. And I'll play it soon again in hard mode with added DLC!

Uncharted 2, my second favorite video game of all time. I am shocked that my favorite game is not on the list.

It's too bad TLOU didn't win its year. It's the only one I would voted for in that list. I played and beat Uncharted 2 but I can't in good conscience vote for it. While I enjoyed it, it wasn't memorable, groundbreaking or a pinnacle of quality in any way, for me.

I already clicked on Skyrim, then I saw Breath of the Wild. Oh right, that was a game what happened. Sorry Skyrim.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]