By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activi$ion has learned nothing: games 2 and 3 on Spyro Reignited Trilogy to STILL require patch after delay

Good on them for pushing for progress.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:

According to the info of the box of the game in this video, it comes in a 50GB blu-ray disc. It's crazy if all games together are bigger than 50 GB!

No, the info of the box only tells that at least 50 GB on the HDD should be available (probably for the full installation of the trilogy including some wiggle room for patches).

It doesn't tell anything about the capacity of the Blu-ray (single layer 25 GB or double layer 50 GB) or how much of that capacity is used.

And even a game that needs 50 GB installed on the HDD can fit on a 25 GB optical disc or in a 20 GB download due to compression. The data then gets uncompressed during the installation.

Yeah, this ain't my first rodeo.... Haven't bought an Activision game in 10 years ( COD:WOW ). Because they suck. They sucked then. They suck even worse now. I still buy cd's too. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

vivster said:

If not actually owning the things you buy and having to wait for long ass downloads is "progress" now, having no or shit internet be damned. The whole point of buying physical is NOT having to wait for downloads.

Fuck Activi$ion and fuck digital. 

KManX89 said:
vivster said:

If not actually owning the things you buy and having to wait for long ass downloads is "progress" now, having no or shit internet be damned. The whole point of buying physical is NOT having to wait for downloads.

Fuck Activi$ion and fuck digital. 

You can struggle or you can adapt, but stopping the progress won't happen. A 100% digital distribution is inevitable. Current generations don't even know anything else. It started with music, then movies and now games. The next step is not even having data stored on your devices anymore because it's all streamed. Music and movies have completed that step already.

That "not owning" thing is a console only problem, though. Media on PC and mobile are on your device and accessible and manipulable as you wish. Completely locking you out from the content you own is what consoles do because they're closed systems. I do very much own all of my Steam, Uplay, Origin and Blizzard games and if their services will ever go down at some point there will be ways to access your data without their involvement.

Digital data isn't the problem, after all, the data on your discs and harddrive is digital. The issue is DRM and consoles are to the brim full with it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

To those who told me that partial download for PS4 games would not happen because of the option to use XL Blue Ray...I told you so...

I have a feeling the double disk we got with Red Dead will be a rarity as well.  With the digital push we see these days, it is obvious which option is cheaper, and therefore become the main solution for most games that will not fit on one disk.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

VAMatt said:
As long as thia doesn't prevent resale of the games, which it would seem it does not, then I have no problem with it.

Well if Spyro 2 and 3 are only vouchers that come with the physical box, then it will have a huge impact on the resale price.

Conina said:
CuCabeludo said:

According to the info of the box of the game in this video, it comes in a 50GB blu-ray disc. It's crazy if all games together are bigger than 50 GB!

No, the info of the box only tells that at least 50 GB on the HDD should be available (probably for the full installation of the trilogy including some wiggle room for patches).

It doesn't tell anything about the capacity of the Blu-ray (single layer 25 GB or double layer 50 GB) or how much of that capacity is used.

And even a game that needs 50 GB installed on the HDD can fit on a 25 GB optical disc or in a 20 GB download due to compression. The data then gets uncompressed during the installation.

I looked for more info on reddit and yes, besides the data that is in the disc, there is an additional 50GB of data to download and install. So I suppose each game is around ~25 GB in size.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 01 November 2018

vivster said:

Hard to see it as a positive when they firstly need to sell empty space on discs for the full price, i am all in for the digital future of games but when people buy a psychical copy they expect to get all games on it and could feel tricked being forced into the need of downloading 2 of the 3 games afterwards so a lot of them will not be getting what they expected from that copy.

And for consumers like us its pretty clear what we will be getting but most people do not follow this kind of news.

Immersiveunreality said:
vivster said:

Hard to see it as a positive when they firstly need to sell empty space on discs for the full price, i am all in for the digital future of games but when people buy a psychical copy they expect to get all games on it and could feel tricked being forced into the need of downloading 2 of the 3 games afterwards so a lot of them will not be getting what they expected from that copy.

And for consumers like us its pretty clear what we will be getting but most people do not follow this kind of news.

They could have done it in 3 discs of 25GB, but it would impact the price. The disc only has the first game, and there is also 50GB of additional data to download and install correspondent to the other 2 games. So Each game must be around 20 - 25GB in size.