By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activi$ion has learned nothing: games 2 and 3 on Spyro Reignited Trilogy to STILL require patch after delay

CuCabeludo said:
Conina said:

No, that's wrong!

They are selling the trilogy as a retail version, so of course they have to list the system requirements for the trilogy, not for the first part.

And the system requirements are 50 GB free HDD space on the PS4... for the trilogy, not for the partial installation.

because usually for consoles, we need to keep at least one disc running, and only the content that are not available in the disc is on hard drive. which leads to thining the whole 50gb is only to install the contet not available on disc. 

Bullshyte! Since PS4 and Xbox One, ALL data of the Blu-ray gets installed when you insert the disc the first time and NO data is read from the Blu-ray while playing the game.

The Blu-ray is only for the installation and copy protection.

This helps the loading times in the game (HDD is much faster than the optical drive), the noise of the console while playing (the optional installation on the Xbox 360 was a godsend due to the loud DVD disc drive) and the compatibility (retail version and digital version are essentially identical besides the need to insert the disc as copy protection).

Last edited by Conina - on 01 November 2018

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
Ayla said:
I support Activation and all companies for an all digital future.

You simply cannot beat the convenience of digital games.

Discs won't 100% go, the same way blu-ray movie discs are here to stay despite the streaming services. they can decrease in usage, but they will stay here for years to come.

Agreed, DVD has been around since the dawn of the millennium, and it hasn't been fully replaced. Some distributors/publishers bundle the DVD with a blu-ray or 4K blu-ray in order to force the costumer to buy the more expensive version (incredibly awful practice), but many others are still releasing stand alone DVDs. CDs are still kicking around (especially in Japan), although the digital and streaming has definitely pushed their relevance to the very end of the line. 

I doubt game discs are going to be fully replaced soon, especially with Nintendo still pushing for physical media. However, Western publishers are really pushing for that "digital only" agenda, and sadly Sony/Microsoft are on board with them.

Immersiveunreality said:
vivster said:
Good on them for pushing for progress.

Hard to see it as a positive when they firstly need to sell empty space on discs for the full price, i am all in for the digital future of games but when people buy a psychical copy they expect to get all games on it and could feel tricked being forced into the need of downloading 2 of the 3 games afterwards so a lot of them will not be getting what they expected from that copy.

And for consumers like us its pretty clear what we will be getting but most people do not follow this kind of news.

Absolutely true, I should've clarified. I'm not really condoning what they're doing and how they're screwing over consumers with shitty tactics like this.

What I meant was that these shitty tactics will piss off the consumer so much that next time they'll opt for the digital version of the game in the first place, hence pushing them towards the inevitable future. A lot of people will have to learn it the hard way. What they're doing is certainly shitty, but the result will be beneficial for everyone. Well, except maybe gamestop employees.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Hard to see it as a positive when they firstly need to sell empty space on discs for the full price, i am all in for the digital future of games but when people buy a psychical copy they expect to get all games on it and could feel tricked being forced into the need of downloading 2 of the 3 games afterwards so a lot of them will not be getting what they expected from that copy.

And for consumers like us its pretty clear what we will be getting but most people do not follow this kind of news.

Absolutely true, I should've clarified. I'm not really condoning what they're doing and how they're screwing over consumers with shitty tactics like this.

What I meant was that these shitty tactics will piss off the consumer so much that next time they'll opt for the digital version of the game in the first place, hence pushing them towards the inevitable future. A lot of people will have to learn it the hard way. What they're doing is certainly shitty, but the result will be beneficial for everyone. Well, except maybe gamestop employees.

Alright i am mostly with you on this but i do hope most of the pissed off consumers will switch to digital before being fooled buying the psychical copy and yes in this rare case the result will be beneficial and even if its just by a bit it will be pushing to a more digital-minded  gaming market like you said.

If it's so big that it can't fit on one Blu-Ray kinda puts it into perspective why we haven't heard anything about a Switch-version.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
VAMatt said:
As long as thia doesn't prevent resale of the games, which it would seem it does not, then I have no problem with it.

Well if Spyro 2 and 3 are only vouchers that come with the physical box, then it will have a huge impact on the resale price.

Yes. But all the talk I've heard is it it's a day one patch. If that's the case, it should not affect resale value.

If it does turn out to be vouchers, then I'll join the chorus of complaining about how this is a shity move.

Terrible move. It's saddening that both Crash and Spyro, the top two platformers of the original PlayStation, belong to such an awful company like Activision.

Ayla said:
I support Activation and all companies for an all digital future.

You simply cannot beat the convenience of digital games.

Again, not everyone has internet, let alone decent internet. 

And I don't like waiting for long ass downloads of games and prefer having a physical possession. I also actually like owning the things I buy, you do NOT own digital anything, look at what Konami is doing with P.T.  They can't do this shit with physically-bought games, that shit's illegal-because it's yours to keep. 

Again, fuck Activi$ion. 

Only 11 days remaining. Get on the hype train!!!!!!

Will probably be my favourite game of the year!

Seriously whats the point of physical disc... if the full game isnt on it?
Stuff like this makes me want to boycott.