By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activi$ion has learned nothing: games 2 and 3 on Spyro Reignited Trilogy to STILL require patch after delay

I'm downloading it day one but hopefully backlash at release slaps some sense into them.

This won't get enough traction until the game is released.

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
Conina said:

No, the info of the box only tells that at least 50 GB on the HDD should be available (probably for the full installation of the trilogy including some wiggle room for patches).

It doesn't tell anything about the capacity of the Blu-ray (single layer 25 GB or double layer 50 GB) or how much of that capacity is used.

And even a game that needs 50 GB installed on the HDD can fit on a 25 GB optical disc or in a 20 GB download due to compression. The data then gets uncompressed during the installation.

I looked for more info on reddit and yes, besides the data that is in the disc, there is an additional 50GB of data to download and install. So I suppose each game is around ~25 GB in size.

Source? Who gave that "info"/speculation/rumor?

The download version of the full trilogy will have approximately have 36 - 37 GB file size: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/spyro-reignited-trilogy/bwhfznsl0pb5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

The PS4 version will probably be in the same area or even smaller... as usual.

And you are expecting a 50 GB download (additional to the data on the retail disc), when the full digital version is below 40 GB?

Conina said:
CuCabeludo said:

I looked for more info on reddit and yes, besides the data that is in the disc, there is an additional 50GB of data to download and install. So I suppose each game is around ~25 GB in size.

Source? Who gave that "info"/speculation/rumor?

The download version of the full trilogy will have approximately have 36 - 37 GB file size: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/spyro-reignited-trilogy/bwhfznsl0pb5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

The PS4 version will probably be in the same area or even smaller... as usual.

And you are expecting a 50 GB download (additional to the data on the retail disc), when the full digital version is below 40 GB?

I believe it is not installed size, only the download size for PC, but you still need to install it, which will increase the size a lot. The box for PS4 says it requires a 50GB of HD to run the game.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 01 November 2018

CuCabeludo said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Hard to see it as a positive when they firstly need to sell empty space on discs for the full price, i am all in for the digital future of games but when people buy a psychical copy they expect to get all games on it and could feel tricked being forced into the need of downloading 2 of the 3 games afterwards so a lot of them will not be getting what they expected from that copy.

And for consumers like us its pretty clear what we will be getting but most people do not follow this kind of news.

They could have done it in 3 discs of 25GB, but it would impact the price. The disc only has the first game, and there is also 50GB of additional data to download and install correspondent to the other 2 games. So Each game must be around 20 - 25GB in size.

But consoles are able to read dual layered blu rays that have 50 GB storage space and i really don't think that one of those games is 25 GB big or that all 3 would go over 50 GB .

Also they should not charge people extra for the same disc that is used for most games.

CuCabeludo said:

I believe it is not installed size, only the download size for PC, but you still need to install it, which will increase the size a lot. The box for PS4 says it requires a 50GB of HD to run the game.

Again: Source for the "info"/speculation/rumor about additional 50GB of data to download and install.

Around the Network
Conina said:
CuCabeludo said:

Again: Source for the "info"/speculation/rumor about additional 50GB of data to download and install.

This is the only conslusion we can have so far based on the back of the PS4 box of the game. Whether the 50GB required are for the entire trylogy or the 2 other games, it's not clear yet.

https://constant-thinker.com/2018/08/08/sanzaru-games-secret-project-was-spyro-reignited-what-this-mean-for-sly-5-spyro-2-3-downloads-game-size-dark-passage-gameplay/

CuCabeludo said:
Conina said:

This is the only conslusion we can have so far based on the back of the PS4 box of the game. Whether the 50GB required are for the entire trylogy or the 2 other games, it's not clear yet.

https://constant-thinker.com/2018/08/08/sanzaru-games-secret-project-was-spyro-reignited-what-this-mean-for-sly-5-spyro-2-3-downloads-game-size-dark-passage-gameplay/

No, that's wrong!

They are selling the trilogy as a retail version, so of course they have to list the system requirements for the trilogy, not for the first part.

And the system requirements are 50 GB free HDD space on the PS4... for the trilogy, not for the partial installation.

Conina said:
CuCabeludo said:

No, that's wrong!

They are selling the trilogy as a retail version, so of course they have to list the system requirements for the trilogy, not for the first part.

And the system requirements are 50 GB free HDD space on the PS4... for the trilogy, not for the partial installation.

because usually for consoles, we need to keep at least one disc running, and only the content that are not available in the disc is on hard drive. which leads to thining the whole 50gb is only to install the contet not available on disc. 

I support Activation and all companies for an all digital future.

You simply cannot beat the convenience of digital games.

Ayla said:
I support Activation and all companies for an all digital future.

You simply cannot beat the convenience of digital games.

Discs won't 100% go, the same way blu-ray movie discs are here to stay despite the streaming services. they can decrease in usage, but they will stay here for years to come.